July 29, 2020 at 11:32 am #1203612736
Based on the press releases for the next two shows, it looks like 7/28 was the only callbacks/”judge’s cuts” show, and the rest of the schedule is:
8/4 – 15th Anniversary Special
8/11-12 – Live Show 1 (11 acts; 5 go through)
8/18-19 – Live Show 2
8/25-26 – Live Show 3
9/1-2 – Live Show 4
9/8-9 – Semi-Final 1 (not sure if 10 acts or 11; I expect 11, which allows for two wildcards from the live shows)
9/15-16 – Semi-Final 2
9/22-23 – FinalJuly 29, 2020 at 12:15 pm #1203612865
I barely saw who went through before they went to the maybes lolJuly 30, 2020 at 9:17 am #1203615101
I barely saw who went through before they went to the maybes lol
There are currently 43 names listed on this season’s Wikipedia page; presumably, there are 44 acts still in the competition, so maybe they want to act like there was one “wild card” (for the “I was told I was not going through, but then I got the call that I got in” moment). If they do do this, I hope they remember to make one of the five “maybes” that didn’t get in as the wild card – otherwise, it doesn’t make much sense.July 30, 2020 at 9:31 am #1203615146
There are currently 43 names listed on this season’s Wikipedia page; presumably, there are 44 acts still in the competition, so maybe they want to act like there was one “wild card” (for the “I was told I was not going through, but then I got the call that I got in” moment). If they do do this, I hope they remember to make one of the five “maybes” that didn’t get in as the wild card – otherwise, it doesn’t make much sense.
ur a life saver 🙂July 30, 2020 at 10:04 am #1203615218
My ranking of the acts that went through (I put a lot of thought into this based on what I think America will love and vote for)
The Ones I think are front runners:
1. Cristina Rae: My front runner to win this. Internet loves her. Judges love her.
2. Archie Williams: If there ever was a sure thing that everyone will love on this show it’s him.
3. Bonebreakers: A lot of people love them.
4. Brandon Leake: He is becoming a big thing online and I LOVE IT.
5. Alan Silva: Everything going for him right now. Internet loves him. Judges love him.
6. Kelvin Dukes: This one has so much potential and the talent is insane on this guy.
7. Malik DOPE: Can easily win this if he keeps up the great routines but will people get bored?
8. Max Major: Amazing. Also a magician so this could be the one that goes very far this season.
9. Roberta Battaglia: Should go far.
10. Michael Yo: I hate this guy but given his EXTENSIVE credentials (seriously how was he allowed on the show?!) he should be around awhile.
11. Feng E: This could go either way but a lot of people seem to love him.
12. Lightwave Theatre Company: Easily sailing through at least two weeks.
13. Nolan Neal: I think he is one to keep an eye on.
14. Noah Epps: Talented and seemed to win the internet over before they forgot all about him.
15. Frenchie Babyy: Creeps me out but people LOVE him.
16. Brett Loudermilk: If he keeps up the comedy and the skills he should be golden.
17. Annie Jones: She is going to be interesting to see how far she goes. Some people really dislike her for some reason but damn is she good.
The Ones That are dark horses:
18.CA Wildcats: This one could go either way but given the popularity and boost the sport has gotten I am cautiously optomistic.
19. Kameron Ross: Great shot at this but I don’t know if America loves him as much as my #1 and #2.
20. Kenadi Dodds: Iffy on if this one can go far tbh.
21. Shaquira McGrath: She has got a lot of air time thus far so that helps but I’m not sure if she has a shot winning given people seem to be 50/50 on her.
22. Thomas Day: Two words: teen vote. Get ready to see him go farther than he should.
23. The Spyros Bros: They are a blast.
24. Celina: Something tells me she peaked in the audition.
25. BAD Salsa: People Just discovered they won India’s got talent and are annoyed they are on the show here. So I think we might see them go far or go out early.
26. Alex Hooper: Wasn’t sure if he needs to up his game or is doing exactly what he needs to do right now.
27. Alexis & The Puppy Pals: This has cuteness overload. Needs to be more fun though.
28. Bello & Annaliese Nock: Love them but it’s prob not gonna be long before they are gone if they don’t come out swinging out of the get go.
29. Dancetown: They seem like a big stage act.
30. Daneliya Tuleshova: This could go either way since a lot of people pointed out she was on World’s Best already.
31. Jonathan Goodwin: Really needs to nail it to go through if the competion he has on his night is stiff…or a lot of singers.
32. Usama Siddiquee: I love him….saying that what comedian has the edge since the voters tend to not put a lot through.
33. Vincent Marcus: This is a weird one. Could win. Could get out quick.
34. W.A.F.F.L.E. Crew: People really either like them or dislike them online.
35. Voices of Our City Choir: I watched their audition again and honestly compared to the others I don’t feel like they have the it factor. Their trajectory depends on what they are up against.
36. Whatever the wildcard is has an andvantage over the ones below it off the bat since underdog stories are always great.
37. The Shape: Had to look them up since I don’t remember them clearly. They got skills.
38. BONAVEGA: Great act but a lot of people don’t like them.
39. Double Dragon: I don’t see this winning.
40. Simon and Maria: Great talented kids but I don’t see them winning.
41. Sheldon Riley: I hate him. Surprisingly, not a lot of people recognized him so that was something.
42. Pork Chop Revue: Loved this one but it’s not going far i think.
43. Divas & Drummers of Compton: I don’t see this winning.
44. Bello Sisters: Not sure why but they strike me as the act that will be gone quick.July 30, 2020 at 2:43 pm #1203616262
NBC released a press release with all 44 acts listed (the Wikipedia page had Resound missing – it has since been corrected).
The 11 acts appearing on 8/10 are:
Bello & Annaliese Nock
Divas & Drummers of Compton
Pork Chop Revue
Simon and MariaAugust 12, 2020 at 7:29 am #1203641509
OOPS – in that Wheel of Death act, at first they made it sound like it was happening live (and out west, NBC even put its “Recorded from an earlier live broadcast” graphic back up on the screen), but when they “returned to the set,” Kelly Clarkson blurted out that she wasn’t there “the day they taped it.”
What next – somebody actually mentions on the air that they have Wild Cards (other than the act itself saying, almost in passing, “They called me and invited me back”)?
(Oh, and speaking of “oops,” Brett Loudermilk appeared instead of Divas & Drummers of Compton)August 12, 2020 at 8:55 am #1203641577
My rankings from last night (Bolding who think is going through):
1. Roberta Battaglia: Best of the night by far.
2. Brett Loudermilk: I LOVED every second of this lol. “I only have 4 minutes I don’t have time for your questions” DEAD.
3. Feng E: Killed it.
4. FrenchieBabyy: Still freaks me out but it’s soooo good to watch.
5. Shaquira McGrath: Killed it.
6. Archie Williams: Killed it.
7. Bello & Annaliese Nock: Killed it.
8. Double Dragon: Hilarious and a lot of fun.
9. Pork Chop Revue: Yeah…..I was captivated.
10. Michael Yo: Better than his audition.
11. Simon and Maria: Sorry kiddos. Did great though.August 15, 2020 at 10:28 am #1203647029
Just looking at the acts for next week I can already tell that it might be an easier week to predict given 7 of them are definitely more popular than the others on social media.August 20, 2020 at 11:52 am #1203657015
Just looking at next week I can tell two seem like sure things and the next three spots can be any of themSeptember 6, 2020 at 10:00 am #1203689259
Thislineup for this week. Hard to predict.September 17, 2020 at 9:00 am #1203712615
Robertta or Christina Rae for the win I thinkSeptember 17, 2020 at 12:26 pm #1203713336
I think Brandon Leake takes it.
I wouldn’t be too surprised if, if Biden wins the election, Leake ends up becoming the US Poet Laureate.September 24, 2020 at 6:19 am #1203731530
My predictions for the Vegas show acts:
and two “wild cards”:
Bello Sisters (and their father)
The Vegas show was pretty much made for the last three.
Also note that, according to the closing credits, Brandon and Broken Roots may accept a cash prize (amount unspecified) instead of the Kia K5.September 24, 2020 at 10:34 am #1203731961
for vegas I’ll guess:
Brett LoudermilkNot now
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.