Home Forums Television 2015 Emmy Awards: Drama Categories Pt. 2

2015 Emmy Awards: Drama Categories Pt. 2

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
4 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
AMG
Ghost
  • 24Emmy
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama. Where will the discussion take us?

Since Shameless is now a drama again let’s start with this tweet:

Ralph Galvan @ralph_goducks 12h12 hours ago

. was . No gimmicks, just storytelling w/an incredible ensemble. My articles =

Tonbone
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping for Robin Wright to submit “Chapter 32” truly her best “House of Cards” performance ever to give her far better chances than a win than last year. Oh and if she doesn’t win she must not make a dumb face like she did last year. 

Participant
    Topics:

I read somewhere said that Shameless will stay in Comedy. 

Ghost
    Topics:

(From the last thread) 24: Unlike Dinklage, Banks dominates the entire episode. Saul is only in one scene, the episode is centered around Mike. He has several big moments, the biggest one being the final scene. Unless Dinklage or someone from Bloodline have a better episode, Banks has this locked up.

Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

Jonathan Banks will need to get the nomination first. Despite being nominated for this role previously, I still wouldn’t call him a lock fo be nominated this time around. But I would say it’s reasonably likely at the moment.

Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

It would be the biggest snub ever, that being said, if he is in, it is gonna take a hella of another performance to outwin Banks.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I wanted Goggins to win Supporting Actor, but after seeing Banks’ performance last night, I’m torn. I don’t think that anybody can beat that if the latter is nominated, though. Banks has to get nominated first, though. 

Ghost
    Topics:

It shouldn’t be hard for Banks to get nominated. Aaron Paul and Josh Charles are gone and he’s on a show they’re watching.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

[quote=”24Emmy”][quote=”thedemonhog”][quote=”jjjmoss”]It
    just feels like given how we’re in the supposed Golden Age of
    Television, HoC would be a very weird choice given how few critics seem
    to have passion for it.

Imagine if the winners are House of Cards and Modern Family.[/quote]I’m
    very curious about this hate for House of Cards. I’m only four episodes
    into season 3 and it isn’t “it sucks let’s hate on it” bad at all. It’s
    probably a step up from season 2 (I liked season 1 a lot more). It must
    really fall apart somewhere in the next 9 episodes. Scary.[/quote]I
    might be wrong but I think it’s because HOC was kind of the frontrunner
    “by default”, not necessarily deserved, when compared with the potential
    returning nominees from last year and even including shows like TGW and
    Homeland. And people, myself included, think it’s barely a good show,
    not great. And now that S3 has been released, it STILL hasn’t exactly
    made a case for being top 10, not to mention No. 1… I myself watched
    the first 6 eps last weekend but haven’t been in a hurry to finish it
    cuz it’s just not compelling enough. My sis and I tried to watch ep. 7
    tonight and she slept off halfway through and I’m not looking forward to
    watching anymore. I don’t think it necessarily falls apart later on, more like it’s just not that good to begin with.[/quote]What I was getting at with my House of Cards and Modern Family comment is that this year might turn out to be a major step backward for the Television Academy in terms of recognizing critic-approved programming.  In all likelihood, neither will receive a single nomination at the TCA Awards or Critics’ Choice Television Awards.  I am ten episodes in and this season is not titillating like the second, plus the novelty factors from the first season have worn off.  So not only is it a frontrunner by default, but it is not even living up to past seasons, a relatively low bar.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

If voters are actually watching Better Call Saul, there is no doubt Jonathan Banks has an excellent shot, after last night. It will be harder for him to actually get the nomination then to win. 

FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it will be hard for him to get nominated, at all. Who are the locks?

Adam Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think it will be hard for him to get nominated, at all. Who are the locks?

You think Banks is a lock? He has a really good shot but I’m not ready to say that quite yet. We don’t even know how the voters are going to take to this show. Dinklage, Voight and Patinkin are the guys getting in, with Jim Carter, not a lock but having probably a better shot than even Banks right now. 

Anonymous
    Topics:

I dunno, the bar seems higher to be an Outstanding Drama Series. There are still a number of them which would make sense.

While the few acclaimed comedies don’t really seem…Emmy win friendly to me. Just like how, say, at the Oscars comedies win infrequently for a reason. And a number of the “comedies” that do contend I’m like…mmm, that’s supposed to be a comedy?

FrozenBarbie
    Participant
    Topics:

[quote=”FrozenBarbie”]I don’t think it will be hard for him to get nominated, at all. Who are the locks?

You think Banks is a lock? He has a really good shot but I’m not ready to say that quite yet. We don’t even know how the voters are going to take to this show. Dinklage, Voight and Patinkin are the guys getting in, with Jim Carter, not a lock but having probably a better shot than even Banks right now. [/quote]

Did I say that I thought Banks was a lock? I said I didn’t think it would be that hard for him to get nominated. And I just wondered, in general, who the locks might be at this point. That was a question for everyone, actually.  

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Like Jonathan Banks, Michael Kelly has an episode centered around him as well. Do you guys think he could give Banks a run for his money assuming they both get nominated?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2015 Emmy Awards: Drama Categories Pt. 2’ is closed to new replies.