Home Forums Television 2016 Emmy Predictions

2016 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 2 posts - 346 through 347 (of 347 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rooney Moore
Riley Chow
mikeboy898
  • eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

I forgot to mention that the tie was just me saying fuck it. It’s The Night Manager and Show Me A Hero fighting for that fifth slot. If The Night Manager was just BBC/BBCAmerica production, I wouldn’t pay it no mind. But it has AMC behind it and with Mad Men gone, it’s this and Better Call Saul as their priorities. And I have made it known that Show Me A Hero was one of my faves from last year. Though it aired early and it’s from David Simon, this is an HBO production and the only one in contention in the category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well, they have True Detective too, which PGA nominated while snubbing Show Me a Hero.

I had Show Me a Hero in for a while because David Simon miniseries on HBO have done well at the Emmys (Treme, Generation Kill, The Corner), even though David Simon dramas have done poorly (Treme, The Wire, Homicide).

But then I realized that we are in the age of limited series. There is no coasting to nominations any more here because the main Outstanding Limited Series category is just as competitive as Outstanding Drama Series. So it might be wrong to judge the limited series Show Me a Hero like a miniseries and more accurate to judge like as a drama.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 2 posts - 346 through 347 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.