Home Forums Television 2016/2017 Emmy Predictions

2016/2017 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
dj
mafro987
lovelylovely
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Phillippo
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Legion as much as the next guy, but I just can’t see it being a “frontrunner” at this time for many of the major categories. Same with Luke Cage (which I haven’t seen). I just don’t see the Emmys embracing a superhero show right away. I have a question for all of you. Where do you think The Young Pope will compete? I see HBO is still calling it a limited series. If it does go into drama, however, I could see it picking up nominations for Jude Law, directing, and (a long-shot) Keaton. The ratings are pretty lame, though, and it seems to have lost a lot of buzz since its American premiere.

I only put Luke Cage in frontunner for Ali, as he will most likely be a fresh Oscar winner. I am putting Legion in for now just to test the waters. Everybody laughed when people said Stranger Things would get a BD nom, and now it’s the front runner. I forgot to put The young Pope in there, but I can’t see it doing good. Nobody watched it. Jude Law is great in it, I would love to see him get nominated. Maybe directing. Doesn’t have a shot for series. The category is way too competitive for Keaton. As for Handmaidens tale, Elisabeth Moss could get the Emmys to embrace Sundance when they never did, and as soon as that left, they ignored it again. I’m assuming that Moss could do the same for Hulu.

I get your reasoning man no doubt but I’m not as confident as you lol. I think Legion has a stronger chance though at getting any recognition. I can, however, see Moss get in.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Eight episodes, so forced into drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Top of the Lake has a subtitle.  The Missing got away with it before because it was the first season.  The same thing happened about a decade ago with Sleeper Cell and American Family.  We shall see, of course.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Atlanta won’t be the only new series nominated for comedy series ? There are also new shows which had critical acclaim and recognition from other awards. (Fleabag-Critics Choice, Better Things-WGA, plus shows aired this year like Santa Clarita Diet, One Day at a Time) With this strong new contenders who will vote for a so-so season of Modern Family?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it confirmed Top Of The Lake and Fargo new seasons will premiere in time for this year Emmys?
    No official date yet make me think they could premiere not before summer…

ReplyCopy URL
    lovelylovely
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it confirmed Top Of The Lake and Fargo new seasons will premiere in time for this year Emmys? No official date yet make me think they could premiere not before summer…

At the TCA’s they said Fargo will premiere in late April.

ReplyCopy URL
    dj
    Participant
    Topics:

Fargo just recently started production, so it’s kind of amazing that they’re shooting for late April. I hope they don’t end up rushing production/post-production and sacrificing quality just so they can premiere in time for Emmy eligibility.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.