Home Forums Television 2017-2018 Guest Emmy Categories

2017-2018 Guest Emmy Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 315 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley
Luca Giliberti
Eden
  • Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay, thanks. I am definitely not predicting him. And looks like Carice van Houten is still under no threat from Stranger Things.

Yeah, Stranger Things isn’t a threat, I meant the Shannon Purser nomination last year and the power the show had to achieve it, which I doubt Game of Thrones has.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You do not think that Game of Thrones could get Lyanna Mormont a nomination?

Expanding on what I said already, House of Cards got five guest nominations one year, without ever winning series or ensemble. Game of Thrones can get two.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

You do not think that Game of Thrones could get Lyanna Mormont a nomination?

Expanding on what I said already, House of Cards got five guest nominations one year, without ever winning series or ensemble. Game of Thrones can get two.

Ugh, don’t remind me how badly Ian McShane got robbed of an easy Emmy nomination for Guest starring in Game of Thrones, not by the Emmys but by HBO for stupidly not submitting him for Emmy consideration.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Cicely cancelled herself out in 2016 by submitting for HTGAWM and House of Cards, which is why she probably didn’t get in

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Tyson is not getting in. First, she might be screwed by Davis, if she submits guest. Then we have at least 3 viable contenders from This is Us and a shit ton of viable contenders from The Handmaid’s Tale. Game of Thrones has many options, so it depends on who they submit. They’ll probably just stick with Rigg. I was predicting Leanna Mormont for a while because of Barb, but I think we’re too crowded this year. The only contender for Stranger Things is the actress that played 8, but everyone hated her and that episode, so she has no chance in hell. Laverne Cox did nothing in this season of OITNB, so she’s probably out too.

Riley, why don’t you see a path for Gelman?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think that most who watch Stranger Things would be hard-pressed to remember that character.  As much as these shows are capable of getting guests in, they cannot quite get anyone in, e.g. that other Stranger Things guest actor and the This is Us guest actresses last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Jodi Balfour could get a guest nomination? She is the titular character in The Crowns biggest episode this year

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I want John Lithow to be submitted, get nominated, and win so that the Emmys will finally make some changes to this ridiculous system. They should have made these changes after Martindale’s first guest win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If nominated, Jodi Balfour would be the only actress to receive her first Emmy nomination for a one-off guest spot this decade.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Cicely Tyson and L. Scott Caldwell both deserve Emmy nominations for Guest Actress in a Drama Series for How To Get Away With Murder. L. Scott Caldwell won’t get nominated because she is not as popular as the other actresses that typically stink up this category for their nonexistent performance.

Sometimes I wish that they would do what they did in 2006 to 2008 to determine the nominations with a mix of popular vote and panel voting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Forgot that Bradley Whitford is in The Handmaid’s Tale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

So there’s the possibility of Sterling K. Brown getting a nomination for hosting Saturday Night Live. There are so many contenders for double nominations, it just doesn’t feel right.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Forgot that Bradley Whitford is in The Handmaid’s Tale.

I didn’t. Got excited the instant I heard he was going to be in it. He would make a great villain in my opinion, but that’s because I only have seen him in Get Out. I’m sure I’ve seen him in some other roles, just not his iconic West Wing role.

I’m also eagerly anticipating Clea Duvall and Marisa Tomei, the latter of whom I’ve been a fan of for many years and hope she isn’t wasted in THT.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

So there’s the possibility of Sterling K. Brown getting a nomination for hosting Saturday Night Live. There are so many contenders for double nominations, it just doesn’t feel right.

Sterling seems like a much safer contender for a double-nod based solely on name-check popularity alone, considering he has won an Emmy for each of the past 2 years for different programs. If he won for Guest Star for SNL, would he be the first actor to ever win an Emmy 3 years in a row for completely different TV shows?

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think Jodi Balfour could get a guest nomination? She is the titular character in The Crowns biggest episode this year

Sadly, I don’t think she’s enough of a name-check to get a Guest nod, since the Emmy voters for those categories are clearly interested far more in nominating Margo Martindales than they are Lois Smiths. Sorry for the painful memory for those Americans fans who are also Emmy fans out there, just using that example to make a point. Jodi Balfour isn’t a big enough name, while I’ll be shocked if multiple Emmy nominee Michael C. Hall gets snubbed due to him being a bigger name.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 315 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.