Home Forums Television 2017 Critics Choice Predictions

2017 Critics Choice Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Guest2014
Riley
Hunter-ish
  • Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

The Critics Choice TV Awards we’re officially canceled after last year, and this is further proof that they’re gonna stay irrelevant.

ANY group that doesn’t have JLD as at least one of the top 6 Comedy Lead Actress’ of all of television doesn’t know shit and should not be taken seriously. Does anyone even watch “Younger” from TV Land, including the “Critics” who nominated Sutton Foster or Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Rachel Bloom, and Pamela Adlon?

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

As I mentioned a few days ago, awards-wise, Better Things is burnt toast thanks to its Louis CK involvement. Accept it. Critics may be seduced by the PAA (Pamela Adlon Aura), but not the majority of viewers.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Tell me, all you Patriot viewer (singular), is this the formula for a Critics Choice nomination in BEST COMEDY SERIES???????????????????????

“To prevent Iran from going nuclear, intelligence officer John Tavner must forgo all safety nets and assume a perilous “non-official cover” — that of a mid-level employee at a Midwestern industrial piping firm.”

Seriously?

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

On a side note, SUTTON FUCKING FOSTER!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    pacinofan
    Participant
    Topics:

“Patriot” is a very funny satire about the worlds of espionage and mid-level business. It is not a laugh a minute show but it is more of a comedy than say “Better Things” or most certainly “Transparent”. I am surprised it got nominated but pleasantly surprised as it seems obscure even to regular Amazon Prime viewers. I only watched it on a strong, perhaps pushy is a better word, recommendation and it took quite a bit of prodding based on the plot and not knowing the star. I was glad I watched it though. It is a unique mood piece.

ReplyCopy URL
    Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

Just want to say that Patriot is an amazing show and I’m so happy it was recognized. I think Michael Dorman should have received a nomination as well.

Also, I’m really happy with Sutton’s nomination!

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIA KATE DILLON! Holy shit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I was weirded out by Dillon’s nomination. Since “they” do not really identify as any gender, then wouldn’t it be wrong to place them in Sup. Actor or Sup. Actress which is a gender-specific category?

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I was weirded out by Dillon’s nomination. Since “they” do not really identify as any gender, then wouldn’t it be wrong to place them in Sup. Actor or Sup. Actress which is a gender-specific category?

They are cool with Supporting Actor, it seems. http://variety.com/2017/scene/vpage/billions-star-asia-kate-best-supporting-actor-emmy-1202411045/

ReplyCopy URL
    EmmyWinner
    Participant
    Topics:

Tell me, all you Patriot viewer (singular), is this the formula for a Critics Choice nomination in BEST COMEDY SERIES??????????????????????? “To prevent Iran from going nuclear, intelligence officer John Tavner must forgo all safety nets and assume a perilous “non-official cover” — that of a mid-level employee at a Midwestern industrial piping firm.” Seriously?

Why are you so mad at Patriot’s nomination?

They nominated the LAME Big Bang theory.

ReplyCopy URL
    DonnaLyaman
    Participant
    Topics:

Are there no guest categories?

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy Winner, at least BBT is a proven audience-grabber. I don’t care for it either, as you don’t, but **Patriot**? It came from the same place a Randy Orton RKO does on WWE television – completely out of NOWHERE. Even more obscure than Mozart in the Jungle.

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Im pissed about that. Alexis Bledel would have won in drama, but they probably wouldn’t have announced that category during the telecast anyway since they only have two hours.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Im pissed about that. Alexis Bledel would have won in drama, but they probably wouldn’t have announced that category during the telecast anyway since they only have two hours.

I assume Gillian Anderson would have won since she got a supporting nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy Winner, at least BBT is a proven audience-grabber. I don’t care for it either, as you don’t, but **Patriot**? It came from the same place a Randy Orton RKO does on WWE television – completely out of NOWHERE. Even more obscure than Mozart in the Jungle.

Popularity has nothing to do with quality.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
Reply To: 2017 Critics Choice Predictions

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.