Home Forums Television 2017 Emmy Predictions

2017 Emmy Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 674 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Riley Chow
sofan
AayaanUpadhyaya
  • AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

^yeah, she was really good at playing dead.

Dude. No.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Katey Sagal will be in the next season of Big Bang Theory as Penny’s mother; she was also Cuoco’s mother in 8 Simple Rules. Well, this year’s Emmys seem to show a strong liking for Big Bang mothers, but would 3 be too many? It would be really cool if she finally got an Emmy nom after 5 Golden Globe noms including a win & a TCA nom, for Married with Children & Sons of Anarchy.
    And it’d be kinda cool if the Married with Children parents (her and Ed O’Neill) broke through with the 2 biggest comedies this decade.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-big-bang-theory-katey-sagal-pennys-mom-season-10-1201820584/

Other TV Globe Winners with multiple TV Globe noms: Valerie Bertinelli 3 inc 2 wins; Bill Nighy 3 (Hmm, Page 8 nommed for Judy Davis, Girl in the Cafe won for Kelly Macdonald. Is he unpopular in the industry?)
    Julie summars, Gina rodriguez, Sue ann langdon, Ruth wilson, Jan niklas, Rutger hauer 2

LegendOfMatt
    Participant
    Topics:

First, I know you may not all agree, but I think Mr. Robot stands a shot to win for Season 2. I firmly believe Rami Malek is going to win this year, and the nominations for that show are only going to increase (Directing, Supporting Actor). There’s obviously other possibilities too, but don’t count it out.

Goliath sounds like a show that could really break through, especially since Amazon hasn’t been too successful with dramas. Of course, that depends on whether or not it airs in time.

Does Woody Allen’s show stand a chance? As his films often are these days, it could be really hit or miss. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

How about Donald Glover’s show Atlanta? It’s supposed to debut this year and if it’s good, I think it could definitely get in Writing and Acting. Probably not series, but hey, who knows?

Also is Season 2 of UnReal good enough to break into Series? I don’t watch so I don’t know, but the fact that it got nominated in Writing makes me curious. I also think Ray Donovan has potential for a Series nom. Boy oh boy these next Emmys are going to be exciting!

Awardsfunyay
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bates-motel-rihanna-set-psycho-912166

RIHANNA FOR GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES EMMY

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Problemchild
    Participant
    Topics:

The Crown will sweep!

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Mr. Robot stands a shot to win for Season 2.

What Mr. Robot really has working for it is that it is one of the few shows on an Emmy upswing, along with The Americans and Ray Donovan. Homeland and Orange is the New Black are on the descent; House of Cards and Better Call Saul are stagnant at best.

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

Reality host should be interesting. With Ryan Seacrest and American Idol gone that opens up a slot. I would assume that Anthony Anderson would be eligible for To tell the truth and Alec Baldwin would be eligible for Match Game.

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

According to imdb Matt Smith, John Lithgow and Claire Foy are only in 2 out 10 episodes of The Crown. It makes me think that Foy may be placed in suporting rather than lead. Lithgow is playing Winston Churchill and should stand a good chance of getting nominated.

moviefan617
    Participant
    Topics:

According to imdb Matt Smith, John Lithgow and Claire Foy are only in 2 out 10 episodes of The Crown. It makes me think that Foy may be placed in suporting rather than lead. Lithgow is playing Winston Churchill and should stand a good chance of getting nominated.

I doubt those are real episode counts, especially when the season isn’t coming out until November. I mean…Claire Foy is playing the Queen in a show about the Queen…

DLG
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually I think there could be 3 or even 4 new nominees on the Best Drama category.
    With Game Of Thrones and Downtown Abbey out, I’m not entirely sold on Homeland and The Americans returning easily.
    Look out for Westworld to get some “Thronish” love at emmys next year

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

The Leftovers BETTER get acting noms for its final year.
    I would love Claire Foy to be nominated (best Anne Boleyn of all time).

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Dj_onathan
    Participant
    Topics:

If this is the last season of The Big Bang Theory (and the show end big), we can get surprises.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bates-motel-rihanna-set-psycho-912166

RIHANNA FOR GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES EMMY

Fuck Yes!!!

zkrons
    Participant
    Topics:

If this is the last season of The Big Bang Theory (and the show end big), we can get surprises.

Do you think it’s going to be the last season? Two and a Half Men hit 12 seasons and TBBT is so much more popular than Two and a Half Men ever was

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 674 total)

The topic ‘2017 Emmy Predictions’ is closed to new replies.