Home Forums Television 2018 Creative Arts Predictions

2018 Creative Arts Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 480 total)
Created
2 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Macca
Riley Chow
Luca Giliberti
  • Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Call me crazy but I am going to make an argument for 2 CW shows that deserve cinematography nominations: Riverdale and The 100 The cinematography is the main reason I am still watching Riverdale. And The 100 is an amazing, underrated show IMO. The cinematography has also always been top-notch there. I also heard that The Originals has an amazing DP

I’ve only watched Riverdale and I have to agree. That ice sequence in the S1 finale was amazing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Editing Predictions:

The Crown (Paterfamilias)
    Game of Thrones (The Dragon and the Wolf)
    Game of Thrones (The Spoils of War)
    The Handmaid’s Tale (The Last Ceremony)
    Stranger Things (The Mind Flayer)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Macca.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I want THT to win production design for “Unwomen”. The colonies looked stunning.

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Drama Editing Predictions: The Crown (Paterfamilias) Game of Thrones (The Dragon and the Wolf) Game of Thrones (The Spoils of War) The Handmaid’s Tale (The Last Ceremony) Homeland (Like Bad at Things)

I think Stranger Things is overrated but it has to be considered in editing. I remember watching season 2 and saying: this needs to win editing. Didn’t it win last year?

Emmys FYC - "Unbelievable" and "The Handmaid's Tale" in all categories; Viola Davis in Best Drama Actress for the final season of "HTGAWM;" "Ozark:" Drama Series, Laura Linney (Best Actress) and Julia Garner (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Editing Predictions: The Crown (Paterfamilias) Game of Thrones (The Dragon and the Wolf) Game of Thrones (The Spoils of War) The Handmaid’s Tale (The Last Ceremony) Homeland (Like Bad at Things)

I think Stranger Things is overrated but it has to be considered in editing. I remember watching season 2 and saying: this needs to win editing. Didn’t it win last year?

Yes it did and I’ll think I’d replace Homeland with Stranger Things. I thought Homeland had been in the Editing game for ages, basically every year, but it hasn’t; it won for the Pilot and wasn’t nominated any other time. I’d say that The Mind Flayer has the most editing so I’d put that one in instead.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

It had double nominations last year and still won. I’d say it’s pretty safe to get atleast one nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Cinematography For A Single-Camera Series (One Hour)

• The Crown, Adriano Goldman for “Beryl”
    • Game of Thrones, Jonathan Freeman for “Beyond the Wall”
    • Game of Thrones, Gregory Middleton for “Dragonstone”
    • Game of Thrones, Robert McLachlan for “The Spoils of War”
    • The Handmaid’s Tale, Colin Watkinson for “June”
    • Mr. Robot, Tod Campbell for “eps3.7_dont_delete_me.ko”
    • Stranger Things, Tim Ives for “Chapter One: MADMAX”

Goldman, Watkinson, Campbell and Ives were nominated last year. It might be optimistic to predict three Game of Thrones nominations, since they got one in 2016, but four in 2015. All three of them were previously nominated. They also submitted PJ Dillon for “The Queen’s Justice”.

Besides these, there’s Gotham with Crescenzo Giacomo Notarile, but they submitted three episodes, which might hurt their chances. David Klein for Homeland is a possible nominee. There are also The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Mindhunter. An inspired nominee would be Martin Ahlgren for Altered Carbon, previously nominated for House of Cards. I’m not sure what to think about Westworld. The show got a nomination last year for Paul Cameron, but he isn’t submitted this time, I guess he wasn’t working on the second season. They have three submissions. John Grillo for “The Riddle of the Spinx” could get in, if Game of Thrones doesn’t get three nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Period/Fantasy Production Design is impossible. There are only five places but there are six good contenders.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Outstanding Period Costumes

Howards End is a lock in this category for a nomination.

I had it, but then saw a Gold Derby video with Mindhunter‘s costume designer and changed it. But Howards End definitely seems like a safer choice.

Hey, I was in that video! Anyway, Starz is actually pretty good at getting costume nominations. Mindhunter is quite subtle for the period race. But these are the same voters who ultimately nominated the fifth season of House of Cards.

Call me crazy but I am going to make an argument for 2 CW shows that deserve cinematography nominations: Riverdale and The 100 The cinematography is the main reason I am still watching Riverdale.

I’ve only watched Riverdale and I have to agree. That ice sequence in the S1 finale was amazing.

The cinematography on Riverdale is exceptional and deserves to be nominated. I am glad that they actually submitted this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Outstanding Period Costumes

Howards End is a lock in this category for a nomination.

I had it, but then saw a Gold Derby video with Mindhunter‘s costume designer and changed it. But Howards End definitely seems like a safer choice.

Hey, I was in that video! Anyway, Starz is actually pretty good at getting costume nominations. Mindhunter is quite subtle for the period race. But these are the same voters who ultimately nominated the fifth season of House of Cards.

Call me crazy but I am going to make an argument for 2 CW shows that deserve cinematography nominations: Riverdale and The 100 The cinematography is the main reason I am still watching Riverdale.

The cinematography on Riverdale is exceptional and deserves to be nominated. I am glad that they actually submitted this year.

Glad that you agree!! Unfortunately, there is no chance that it makes it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series

• Game of Thrones
    • The Handmaid’s Tale
    • This Is Us
    • Westworld

And there’s the last spot for either The Crown or Stranger Things.

Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series

• Atlanta
    • black-ish
    • GLOW
    • The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    • Silicon Valley

Only two returning nominees from last year. GLOW and Mrs. Maisel seem like the hottest comedy shows, while I put black-ish instead of Transparent. I’m not confident at all in black-ish, they could easily have Curb Your Enthusiasm or Will & Grace instead. Do you think a new comedy could get in? BarryThe Good PlaceGrace and Frankie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^Orange Is the New Black normally makes it into Drama Casting without fail, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of it. I think black-ish does make it in, simply because it is a family sitcom with a large cast and that is catnip to this branch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^Orange Is the New Black normally makes it into Drama Casting without fail, I don’t think we’ve seen the last of it.

It didn’t get nominated last year.

Oh lol, I was 100% sure it was. Nevermind.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 480 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.