Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

2018 Emmy Awards Ballot Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 271 through 279 (of 279 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Riley
Eden
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

So, If it is an foreign tv show it is ineligible even if it is showed in an American channel?

That’s what screwed Canada’s Continuum from winning 4 Drama Series Emmys in a row, because that’s what would’ve happened if it were allowed to compete from 2013-16.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Except that parts of Continuum variably did submit, not to mention that it having a chance at winning Emmys under any circumstances is utter nonsense.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Nico Agudelo
    Participant
    Topics:

Thanx everyone for your response!!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Could someone please explain to me why the submission for Survivor’s Cinematography is “Series Body of Work?” There is no episode called that so are the Cinematographers for the entire season submitted?

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jake
    Participant
    Topics:

Mr. Robot‘s big episode “eps3.4_runtime-error.r00” is their only directing submission. Be creative, voters!

This one should be nominated. Stellar directing, hands down, maybe their best episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Could someone please explain to me why the submission for Survivor’s Cinematography is “Series Body of Work?” There is no episode called that so are the Cinematographers for the entire season submitted?

This appears to be a replacement of the old “Team Emmy” rule in this category – here is what it says in the rulebook for Reality Program Cinematography:

“Submission options for Reality Cinematography:
    An Emmy is an individual achievement award that includes one or more individuals as the on-air credits indicate. In cases where the number of credited individuals on the episode being submitted exceeds the cap guideline, there are the following options:
    • For a specific episode, petition the peer group for a cap waiver.
    • Submit for a body of work, which is limited to a single entry per series, with the episode chosen by the Director of Photography in consultation with the eligible entrants (those who were credited on 40% or more of the eligible episodes, and/or those who were credited on the episode chosen for the Emmy judging panel are eligible).”

The “cap” is five persons.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Something I just noticed: in at least one of the “Emmy predictions” threads, I suggested that “Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie” could be a dark horse nominee in Animated Program – but for whatever reason, whoever submitted the show entered it as a Children’s Program rather than in Animated. One advantage it has in being entered as a children’s program; not only is Children’s Program an area rather than a “normal” category, but it only needs 2/3 approval instead of 90% to win even if it doesn’t get the most votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

To any ATAS members who may be dropping by here on the last day of Emmy nomination voting, The Case for ‘The Good Place’:

http://www.awardsdaily.com/2018/06/22/emmys-fyc-the-case-for-the-place/

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Something I just noticed: in at least one of the “Emmy predictions” threads, I suggested that “Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie” could be a dark horse nominee in Animated Program – but for whatever reason, whoever submitted the show entered it as a Children’s Program rather than in Animated. One advantage it has in being entered as a children’s program; not only is Children’s Program an area rather than a “normal” category, but it only needs 2/3 approval instead of 90% to win even if it doesn’t get the most votes.

Either Hey Arnold: The Jungle Movie or Star Wars Rebels will win Children’s Program. Both have the “goodbye hug” factor going for them, but the latter is more fresh and so I think that has the slight edge.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 9 posts - 271 through 279 (of 279 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.