Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Awards – Miscellaneous Categories

2018 Emmy Awards – Miscellaneous Categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Teridax
That Don Guy
wilfredpickles
  • That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t see a thread for the “miscellaneous” categories, so I thought I’d start one so nobody has to search through the other threads for individual nominees.

I’m a little surprised black’ish didn’t get a nomination in either choreography or music & lyrics for “Juneteenth.” To be honest, I’m more surprised DWTS didn’t get a choreography nomination, and SYTYCD got four of them (the fifth went to The Late Late Show).

Also, none of the Bob’s Burgers songs got nominated; I thought the one from the Christmas special had a chance.

Rinolo Twenty-two
    Participant
    Topics:

RICK AND MORTY FINALLY NOMINATED!

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are two sets of listings for the nominations:

By Category – note that the search does not work very well if you read this in Acrobat Reader, as the font used tends to split some words (for example, Gotham is stored as “Got ham”).
    The same thing is happening with Curb Your Enthusiasm.
    Hmmm…sounds like something that would happen on that show; Larry would try searching the document to see how many times it was nominated, and is not thrilled when he finds nothing.

By Series – the search works a little better here.

ReplyCopy URL
    I'm New Here, You Don't Know Me
    Participant
    Topics:

BoJack snubbed again, as well as Archer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Love the Rick and Morty nomination, I hope we can add BoJack Horseman next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    SHT L
    Participant
    Topics:

So happy to see Steven Universe nominated again, but that’s an odd episode for them to submit. It’s only a great episode if you’ve been following the show for a long time. The impact of the character reveal is totally meaningless if you don’t know anything about the show. I guess after some kick-ass submissions in the past not resulting in a win (and in losses over inferior episodes of other shows) maybe they realized it really doesn’t matter what they submit as their chances of a win will be the same no matter what.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  SHT L.
    ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

legion in cinematography is such an inspired choice

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

legion in cinematography is such an inspired choice

I agree. But GoT’s snub is really pissing me off.

ReplyCopy URL
    I'm New Here, You Don't Know Me
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the Ozark cinematography nomination is shit. The whole thing is basically unwatchable because of how dark it is.

ReplyCopy URL
    Trevor Jann
    Participant
    Topics:

This is hilarious to me.
    Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction Or Reality Series
    The Americans: The Final Season • FX Networks • Riverside

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait…Fuller House is considered a “children’s program”?

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope Wild Wild Country wins its category. It was better than many of the drama/limited series. IMO, Sheela is the character of 2018.

ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

This is hilarious to me.
    Outstanding Short Form Nonfiction Or Reality Series
    The Americans: The Final Season • FX Networks • Riverside

What’s so hilarious about it? It’s a series about the making of the final season of The Americans.

What I want to know is, where did it air?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Probably YouTube, but it is probably hard to find there.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

So happy to see Steven Universe nominated again, but that’s an odd episode for them to submit. It’s only a great episode if you’ve been following the show for a long time. The impact of the character reveal is totally meaningless if you don’t know anything about the show. I guess after some kick-ass submissions in the past not resulting in a win (and in losses over inferior episodes of other shows) maybe they realized it really doesn’t matter what they submit as their chances of a win will be the same no matter what.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying about Steven Universe! “A Single Pale Rose” was the one, that was the winner right there. I think they just gave up and realized they are going to be an also-ran this year no matter what they submit. Or maybe they intentionally are trying to throw the race to Adventure Time for its last year in Short-Form. AT’s multi-part series finale will compete in the general Animated Program category next year, I believe and predict.

Adventure Time will win their 3rd this year. The show is nowhere near as great as it once was, but they seemed to choose a great episode that stands on its own. Plus, the show is ending soon, and while the series finale won’t be Emmy-eligible this year I believe sentiment will help push the show to its 3rd Emmy win for Short-Form Animated Program. Plus, I think it only makes sense that Adventure Time should go down as a show with more Program Emmy wins than Disney’s Mickey Mouse which undeservedly beat Adventure Time twice in that category.

Teen Titans Go could upset since it is so overplayed on Cartoon Network, there is a movie of it coming to theaters this summer, it got nominated last year, and the episode it submitted appears to be super-meta.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.