Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Awards Nominations Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Awards Nominations Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 263 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
methaddiction
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue discussing Emmy nominations predictions in this second thread.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Just watch people start predicting Roseanne for series and leading actress because of the ratings. Do not forget people voting for Emmys aren’t going to nominate show with its main protagonist being Trump supporter. For pete’s sake just last year they have given Best Drama Series to the show that’s basically bashing Trump’s adminstration! Emmy voters do not care about ratings. Yeah, Metcalf and Goodman are probably happening but the show and Roseanne herself aren’t. Don’t be daft.

TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Roseanne was the most popular show on television during its peak and it never succeeded in getting a series nom. I don’t see how things are going to be any different now.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Roseanne was the most popular show on television during its peak and it never succeeded in getting a series nom. I don’t see how things are going to be any different now.

Possibly because of a “it’s time” narrative? But I do think that politics and quality will prevent that from happening.

Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m only predicting Goodman, Metcalf, and even Gilbert right now. I have Barr in Lead Actress as well, but she’s in my last slot. Based on the first 2 episodes, Gilbert deserves to be nominated the most out of all of them.

JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

They won’t ignore it completely but being a giant hit show with mixed reviews(EmpireS1,BBT,Young Sheldon) doesn’t mean you will see it start appearing across the board.  Metcalf for sure will get in,Goodman might get name checked(he seemed  rather unconvincing in the first 2 2ps) cause Actor is a weak category and Gilbert might cause it looks like she will be the main focus and have decent submission material. Don’t think it will get in Series unless the quality improves and would be shocked if Roseanne Barr get’s nominated even if this show hugely overperforms with nominations.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  JoeyJ.
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Actor is a weak category

I think Anthony Anderson, Ted Danson, Donald Glover, Glenn Howerton and Randall Park would beg to differ 🙂

AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

Actor is a weak category

I think Anthony Anderson, Ted Danson, Donald Glover, Glenn Howerton and Randall Park would beg to differ ????

He means in terms of actual strong contenders for a nomination. Anderson and Glover are locks, Danson has a fairly decent shot, Park has a long shot, Howerton has no chance.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we please talk about supporting actress and actor drama? These categories are seriously giving me a headache, absolute bloodbath.

Right now I have for actress:

Lena Headey (GoT)
    Maisie Williams (GoT)
    Ann Dowd (THT)
    Thandie Newton (Westworld)
    MBB (Stranger Things)
    Chrissy Metz (TIU)

But Alexis Bledel could be there, Yvonne Strahovski deserves to be there! And in a perfect world Vanessa Kirby would be there as well. I am surprised that so few people are predicting Maisie. She was nominated for S6 where she didn’t really do much, and this season let’s not forget that she opened the season with that awesome scene. And this is also her best season yet IMO.

Supporting actor:

Peter Dinklage (GoT)
    Nikolaj Coster Waldau (GoT)
    David Harbour (Stranger Things)
    Noah Schnapp (Stranger Things)
    Jeffrey Wright (Westworld)
    Justin Hartley (TIU)

Predicting Waldau and Schnapp may be wishful thinking but I hope it happens. As for Westworld, I don’t know yet whether Wright or Ed Harris has more screentime, we have to see. I think Hartley is making it, he also has *the* episode to submit.

Luca G.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Trump congratulating Roseanne on the ratings destroyed their chance for Series nomination. I’ll stick with Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Noah Schnapp isn’t happening.

Barr and Goodman’s acting is horrible so far, don’t get too confident. All I see is 2 actors trying to remember the lines, delivering them in a cringy way and also making a cringy pause. I prefer less cringy Will & Grace.

Alijah Purdy
    Participant
    Topics:

Trump congratulating Roseanne on the ratings destroyed their chance for Series nomination. I’ll stick with Goodman, Metcalf and Gilbert.

I disagree. I think that part will be forgotten about come June when it’s nominating time. With the way he always does and says stuff, it will be forgotten that he called her next week.

However, I think we are really underestimating the Emmy voters. It’s clear they don’t like Trump, as we saw last year. But, unlike last year, we do have a show that is getting good reviews, has a history of getting its cast nominated, HUGE ratings, etc. I think it would be very glaring for the Academy to ignore that altogether. The truth is we don’t really know what they’ll do with Roseanne, because we haven’t had a show like this since Trump started running for President. So it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Anonymous
    Topics:

We underestimated the Trump voters during the election. They came out and got him to win. We underestimated the Trump voters during the Roseanne premiere. They came out to give it gangbuster ratings.

Are we underestimating the Trump voters at the Emmys? It’s not like their aren’t Trump voters in Hollywood. They are just not the majority and are quiet. I’m wondering if enough of them rally behind Roseanne if it could end up being nominated.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

Thandie Newton is coming for her Emmy.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy voters do not care about ratings.

Tell that to Dolly Parton.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 263 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Awards Nominations Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.