Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Awards Reality Predictions and Analysis

2018 Emmy Awards Reality Predictions and Analysis

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 days ago
replies
views
users
Riley
Atypical
Chris Beachum
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Place your reactions to the REALITY categories of the 2018 Emmy Awards nominations in this thread. The best comments might be featured in a Gold Derby home page article on Thursday.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

bump

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Drag Race went from 7 to 10 nominations plus 2 for Untucked.

Raven and Delta Work are nominated.

Of course The Voice or Amazing Race will win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

Project Runway stuck around, so there was a chance of one more Emmy nomination for Harvey Weinstein, but he’s not listed among the producers for last summer’s season, so some deal must have been struck

And Alec Baldwin, Gordon Ramsey, Martha Stewart, and Snoop Dogg all fall to the wayside to that Ellen DeGeneres, the Queen of Nice, can pick up another nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Queer Eye <3 <3 <3 Wanted it to get in Host more though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Yeah, what happened there? Was it just too much for voters to accept five people in one slot? They do other weird things though.

The Voice broke into directing and editing. How is that show growing?

I forgot that we only had six nominees in host the last two years because of ties. Bonus points for everyone, although I still missed the Project Runway hosts. That show seems to be sticking around, by the way.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m sad my future husband Antoni Porowski wasn’t nominated for host.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I was expecting a posthumous nomination for Anthony Bourdain in Reality Host. No reason to cite Ellen or Jane for their lazy game-show hosting gigs when he was far more deserving. At least this kept Tom Bergeron out again too. “Rupaul’s Drag Race” continues to soar with increased nods, but so does “The Voice” sigh. Project Runway” should never be underestimated as its hosts have won here. Weinstein was eliminated as producer ogllgv soon after his scandal, so he’s out for this awards group.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I was expecting a posthumous nomination for Anthony Bourdain in Reality Host.

Not on the ballot actually. He was only ever nominated for The Taste, which was cancelled a few years back, but he was nominated for all three seasons. His normal show Parts Unknown got a series-high seven nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Makuta Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Survivor did not deserve to get completely shut out. Granted, the show always submits the Reunion shows for Directing since those are the only episodes that have credited directors for some weird reason and those have sucked consistently these last few seasons. The shows Emmy submissions were very few but I still believe it deserved something. Probst as Reality Host and the show in Reality-Competition Program it should have been shoo-ins for purely on merit. It really is done for good at the Emmys it looks like. Shame since judging by its nod in the new Reality Casting category last year it looked like it was actually gaining ground, if only slightly. Now it has fallen off the chart completely, sunk into Emmy oblivion along with the likes of Transparent and Arrested Development, which were also once popular with the Emmys and have now been completely shut out.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    I’m New Here, You Don’t Know Me
    Participant
    Topics:

Predictions:

Series: RuPaul’s Drag Race
    Host: RuPaul

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

I was expecting a posthumous nomination for Anthony Bourdain in Reality Host.

Not on the ballot actually. He was only ever nominated for The Taste, which was cancelled a few years back, but he was nominated for all three seasons. His normal show Parts Unknown got a series-high seven nominations.

Surprising. That would have been an easy nomination, especially given the show’s increased popularity and visibility. Bungled call on CNN’s part.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

The academy has made a clip package:
    1. American Ninja Warrior: Nice to see talented people being talented.
    2. Project Runway: Again, nice to see talent at work, but Tim Gunn brought this down by offering the same analysis three times.
    3. The Amazing Race: Smashing the computers was funny, but perhaps also a sign that this show has been on for too long and is having to resort to craziness.
    4. Top Chef: WTF?
    5. Drag Race: Nothing happened in this clip.
    6. The Voice: That banter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Sticking with The Voice. Drag Race is indeed stronger than last year, but I am hung up on its PGA snub. That is all that there is to it. I could be wrong. It is what it is.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.