Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Category Breakdown (Creative Arts, Primetime)

2018 Emmy Category Breakdown (Creative Arts, Primetime)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
eastwest
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/emmy-awards-creative-arts-lineup-television-academy-1202888676/

Highlights of Creative Arts night 1 (9/8)
    SHORT FORM COMEDY/DRAMA: SERIES, ACTOR, ACTRESS

COMEDY: CASTING, GUEST ACTOR/ACTRESS, SINGLE-CAMERA AND MULTI-CAMERA EDITING, STUNT COORDINATION (COMEDY/VARIETY PROGRAM ONLY)

DRAMA: CASTING, GUEST ACTOR/ACTRESS, STUNT COORDINATION, SINGLE-CAMERA EDITING

MAIN BROADCAST (SEPTEMBER 17)
    COMEDY AND DRAMA: DIRECTING, WRITING, ACTOR, ACTRESS, S ACTOR, S ACTRESS, SERIES
    VARIETY: DIRECTING/WRITING (SPECIAL), SKETCH SERIES, TALK SERIES,
    REALITY/COMPETITION PROGRAM
    LIMITED SERIES: DIRECTING/WRITING, (LIMITED, MOVIE/DRAMATIC SPECIAL), ACTOR, ACTRESS, S ACTOR, S ACTRESS (LIMITED/MOVIE), LIMITED SERIES

eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Cackles in black at the fact that they move the TV Movie category to the Creative Arts ceremonies when there’s shit nominees. I guess that’s a choice instead of merging the categories again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish the guest acting categories were moved to the official ceremony, I honestly don’t understand why they are at the Creative Arts. There are so many big names in those guest categories that it would make much more sense to move them to the big night. I guess time would be the issue though.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Cackles in black at the fact that they move the TV Movie category to the Creative Arts ceremonies when there’s shit nominees. I guess that’s a choice instead of merging the categories again.

Shit nominees, with the notable exception of the great USS Callister and the serviceable but ultimately unmemorable Paterno. I like this solution rather than merging the categories, which logically makes no sense since “TV Movies” and “Limited Series” are 2 fundamentally different things.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

There are so many big names in those guest categories that it would make much more sense to move them to the big night. I guess time would be the issue though.

Plus I imagine the producers like being able to have big name winners present the following week

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Directing and Writing for a Variety Special are now part of the main ceremony.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish the guest acting categories were moved to the official ceremony, I honestly don’t understand why they are at the Creative Arts. There are so many big names in those guest categories that it would make much more sense to move them to the big night. I guess time would be the issue though.

There are more than enough acting categories in the main telecast already. They almost make up half of the total categories that are televised. I don’t think there’s any need to add more.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

They were presented on the main telecast in 1986 and 1987, but 1987’s telecast ended up being so bloated that one of the big changes made going forward was to move the guest acting categories off of the main telecast. I think that a bigger issue with regard to “big names” is moving TV Movie off of the main telecast this year. It was bad enough doing it 3 years ago, when Queen Latifah didn’t attend the creative arts ceremony to receive an Emmy for producing, and then had to sit in the audience while Bessie lost everything at the main telecast. But this year, even though we don’t have the producers list yet, there was a chance to get Cher and Michael B. Jordan in attendance for the main telecast, but there is a much lower likelihood that they will attend if “only” nominated for something presented at the creative arts ceremony.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nate.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nate.
    ReplyCopy URL
    That Don Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

It looks like they’re doing the same thing this year that they did last year; one night is pretty much entirely for categories where any of the nominees are for a comedy or drama series, limited series, or movie, and the other night is for everything else (reality, variety, and nonfiction). Somebody refresh my memory, though; wasn’t the second night “comedy/drama series night” last year?

I am a little surprised that they don’t move reality show host to Saturday night, so it would be awarded along with the acting categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Glad that guest is not in the main ceremony.

Directing and Writing for a Variety Special are now part of the main ceremony.

These two categories always alternate with directing and variety for a variety series.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.