Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Coverage Elsewhere

2018 Emmy Coverage Elsewhere

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Riley
Luca Giliberti
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Good to get outside the echo chamber.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I was the guest on AwardsWatch’s post-ballot podcast: http://awardswatch.com/2018/06/12/emmy-podcast-22-analyzing-the-emmy-nominating-ballots-with-goldderbys-riley-chow/

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Yay, at least I have some podcast to listen to!! 🙂

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Feinberg’s final predix. I think the first option is his projected winner, not sure though.

Whoop diddy scoop!

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Feinberg’s final predix. I think the first option is his projected winner, not sure though.

Feinberg is out of his mind

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

He had Sarah Goldberg nominated and as an evolving stan for her I am HERE for it

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I like Feinberg’s predictions actually.  As I alluded in the opening post, there is a Gold Derby bubble.  He is more confident in Patrick Melrose and maybe we should be too.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddictions
    Participant
    Topics:

He’s predicting Claire Danes over Evan Rachel Wood?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I like his predictions. There are a few stupid predictions, the Sean Hayes snub, but for the most part they are pretty bold.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

I was a huge fan of the first Top of The Lake series but i don’t understand how is everybody predicting the second season to be a strong contender for Emmy nominations, specially a nod for Nicole Kidman who did nothing on that show at less you count wearing that awful hair with a straight face. There’s nothing award worthy about Top Of The Lake: China Girl, nothing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Fansided: https://fansided.com/2018/07/09/emmy-nomination-predictions-2018/

Good stuff, except for comedy lead actress: “P.S. It’s worth mentioning that Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda tend to get nominated for Grace and Frankie, and that could potentially continue this year. No offense to either of them, but no one under the age of 50 has ever watched that show. So let’s leave it at that.

“Note to Emmy voters: Kristen Bell has anchored The Good Place nobly since it premiered last year and, like Mike-Schur-leading-lady Amy Poehler before her, should be a no-brainer Emmy selection as long as this show maintains its ridiculously high standards. Who else could make crying over a toothbrush holder seem both hilarious and heartbreaking?”

ReplyCopy URL
    Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Good stuff, except for comedy lead actress: “P.S. It’s worth mentioning that Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda tend to get nominated for Grace and Frankie, and that could potentially continue this year. No offense to either of them, but no one under the age of 50 has ever watched that show. So let’s leave it at that.

“Note to Emmy voters: Kristen Bell has anchored The Good Place nobly since it premiered last year and, like Mike-Schur-leading-lady Amy Poehler before her, should be a no-brainer Emmy selection as long as this show maintains its ridiculously high standards. Who else could make crying over a toothbrush holder seem both hilarious and heartbreaking?”

Can you talk about anything other than The Good Place? You make it difficult for me to root for it to get nominations.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Because I’m the only one railing against the inevitability of a show that had an EIGHT EPISODE SEASON being given a free ride to Emmy wins left and right. I’m sick of otherwise reasonable TV critics getting seduced by the Brosnahan Aura. And because I’m practically alone in the wilderness in pushing The Good Place for the recognition it deserves after last year’s criminal snub. Not totally alone, but alone enough.

ReplyCopy URL
    CanadianFan
    Participant
    Topics:

Because I’m the only one railing against the inevitability of a show that had an EIGHT EPISODE SEASON being given a free ride to Emmy wins left and right. I’m sick of otherwise reasonable TV critics getting seduced by the Brosnahan Aura. And because I’m practically alone in the wilderness in pushing The Good Place for the recognition it deserves after last year’s criminal snub. Not totally alone, but alone enough.

This is such a ridiculous argument because ‘The Good Place’ S2 is 13 episodes * 21 minutes = 273.
    ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ is 441 minutes! Significantly longer!

The previous comedy series winner (‘Veep’) totaled around 300 minutes for its last three seasons. In fact, a traditional broadcast season of network comedy (24 episodes of around 21 minutes) is only 60 minutes longer than this season of Maisel.

Your argument is akin to saying an XL pizza cut into 8 pieces is somehow smaller than a medium pizza cut into 13 pieces. It’s just so stupid.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  CanadianFan.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  CanadianFan.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I know right. Such an ignorant statement about the age of people that watch Grace and Frankie. I know plenty of people under 50 that watch Grace and Frankie.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.