Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 564 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Stegeo
Makuta Teridax
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

If Millie BB wins, I will throw something at my TV. I love her but she has no right to be nominated among these exceptional actresses. It can be anyone else, just not her

Luca G.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I am taking Westworld out of both writing and directing, they just ruined their chances by submitting everything. This show will so underperform this year. They have been incredibly dumb with submissions

Luca G.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I am taking Westworld out of both writing and directing, they just ruined their chances by submitting everything. This show will so underperform this year. They have been incredibly dumb with submissions

Yep, This Is Us and Homeland will probably replace it respectively.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

If Millie BB wins, I will throw something at my TV. I love her but she has no right to be nominated among these exceptional actresses. It can be anyone else, just not her

Relax, I think her moment was last year and it didn’t happen. Right now, she’s just a repeat nominee of an Emmy-fav show

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

So I have some words on lead actress:

I think there are exactly two locks: Moss and Foy, they can both go pick out their dress already. They are 100% going to get nominated.

Then we have Wood and Russell who are vulnerable but also very close to being locks. Especially Russell as The Americans season 6 is getting a lot of positive response and it being the final season. I think Wood is more vulnerable because people are not raving about Westworld S2 and not about her performance either. I would like to see her placement last year. I am not sure if people were really wowed by her performance or if she went along with the Westworld nominations.

Then we have Mandy Moore. She is vulnerable because she was shut out last year even though they got 7 acting nominations. But she was such a presence and force this year on This Is Us. If she gets in, then solely based on her excellent performance, which is great.

Emilia Clarke is vulnerable because this is her first time in lead. But people love this character, Emilia is everywhere right now, on every red carpet being as charming as always. I like her acting and she would have some great submissions but I don’t think she is as strong as some other contenders.

Tatiana Maslany is not returning IMO. The final season was way too long ago and the one year off will not help her either.

I am also not on the Laura Linney train. Ozark doesn’t have any buzz and I heard she is also more supporting. Yes, she has several nominations already and she got the unexpected SAG nomination, but I don’t think SAG means that much anymore (look at Winona Ryder or the opposite, Evan Rachel Wood last year).

Now to my favorite, Viola Davis. She should be here, season 4 was an amazing season for her. She has like a dozen episodes. She is very vulnerable because of the immense competition this year, that’s it IMO.

I don’t even consider Gyllenhall, Balfe contenders like some people do. Claire Danes could surprise as Homeland Season 7 was very well-received.

My predictions:

• Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale)
    • Claire Foy (The Crown)
    • Mandy Moore (This Is Us)
    • Evan Rachel Wood (Westworld)
    • Keri Russell (The Americans)
    • Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones)

Spoiler: Laura Linney and Viola Davis

Luca G.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

^Tbh Maslany deserves to get nominated over all the non-locks and spoilers. As of the Linney & Clarke battle, I’ve watched both shows and as of the nature of their roles and subsequently their performances, Clarke is a lead in an ensemble cast while Linney is borderline lead/supporting in Jason Bateman’s show. I love Laura Linney, but aside the love, she was really good in Ozark, and I immediately called her an Emmy supporting nominee for this year, but she does have little material as lead. As an Emmy royalty, I think this year it’s more possible for her to get nominated over Clarke (excluding a 7-nom line-up possibility) and never get nominated again, considering she continues to be a little-material presence on the show, with Clarke getting a farewell nomination as lead only for the last season next year.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmaooo Headey is not a lock or unbeatable. I heard that so much for Mother’s Mercy and she lost (I forgot who). And we can’t say Carter or Streep won’t give undeniable performances or reviews if they haven’t even finished filming yet.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

^Tbh Maslany deserves to get nominated over all the non-locks and spoilers. As of the Linney & Clarke battle, I’ve watched both shows and as of the nature of their roles and subsequently their performances, Clarke is a lead in an ensemble cast while Linney is borderline lead/supporting in Jason Bateman’s show. I love Laura Linney, but aside the love, she was really good in Ozark, and I immediately called her an Emmy supporting nominee for this year, but she does have little material as lead. As an Emmy royalty, I think this year it’s more possible for her to get nominated over Clarke (excluding a 7-nom line-up possibility) and never get nominated again, considering she continues to be a little-material presence on the show, with Clarke getting a farewell nomination as lead only for the last season next year.

I am very curious to see how it all plays out. I think Davis deserves it more than Clarke, much more. I do hope we have 7 or even 8 nominees this year. The drama races are very very interesting this year

Luca G.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, please no 8 nominees, it gets ridiculous, I remember the comedy supporting race in 2015 (?), when Janney won. 

Lmaooo Headey is not a lock or unbeatable. I heard that so much for Mother’s Mercy and she lost (I forgot who). And we can’t say Carter or Streep won’t give undeniable performances or reviews if they haven’t even finished filming yet.

Finally a reasonable person.

victornewman
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Tatiana is returning because BBCA won’t heavily push her. That show is off the air and represents an old regime at the network. They are focusing on Sandra and Jodie aka the future.

Sam
    Participant
    Topics:

PREACH!

Sam
    Participant
    Topics:

Relax, I think her moment was last year and it didn’t happen. Right now, she’s just a repeat nominee of an Emmy-fav show

I don’t know I could see her getting snubbed. It’s a packed race this year.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I would agree but the fact that she carried her own episode boosts her chances.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I would agree but the fact that she carried her own episode boosts her chances.

An episode that most people despised. It has a 6,2/10 on IMDb with 13k votes.

Luca G.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I have this feeling that Fraser will indeed get nominated over Coster-Waldau.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.