Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 564 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Stegeo
Makuta Teridax
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

^Lol, Brown or Metz isn’t happening simply because of vote-split. Relax. And Bledel is not getting nominated, so overrated. Strahovski has snatched her wig anyways, she’s earning that nom, and she’s coming for the win.

I don’t think Bledel is overrated. And last year she beat a living legend (Cicely Tyson) and a veteran actress (Ann Dowd). Bledel has that support and don’t forget that this episode was also sent out to critics early on!

Luca G.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone was raving about Strahovski saying she was the best of the supporting actresses from THT, just like this year, and she wasn’t nominated. I’m not sure why this year would be different. I’m sure her support has grown, and maybe she can get nominated but she’s definitely not beating Dowd.

Bledel really is overrated, she deserved her win last year but she’s just not that great of an actress and it’s showing this season. Especially in her flashbacks, she was kind of awful in that episode.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone was raving about Strahovski saying she was the best of the supporting actresses from THT, just like this year, and she wasn’t nominated. I’m not sure why this year would be different.

Hmm, I wasn’t rly here, but I wasn’t impressed by Strahovski last year at all. I didn’t expect her to even be in the conversation. This year she’s had much more meaty material. And I don’t easily rave about performers. I don’t think she deserves to win, but she definitely deserves to get nominated. If we’re talking winner, it should be Lena Headey (who criminally didn’t win for one of the best performances back in 2016 on TV for S6) as payback (not that her Ellaria scene and her 7×07 presence aren’t worthy of attention) or Vanessa Kirby.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

^Lol, Brown or Metz isn’t happening simply because of vote-split. Relax. And Bledel is not getting nominated, so overrated. Strahovski has snatched her wig anyways, she’s earning that nom, and she’s coming for the win.

I don’t think Bledel is overrated. And last year she beat a living legend (Cicely Tyson) and a veteran actress (Ann Dowd). Bledel has that support and don’t forget that this episode was also sent out to critics early on!

Tyson never had momentum to win, she didn’t even win for her Tony-winning turn on TV for The Trip to Bountiful. And Bledel was part of THT’s sweep, while Dowd was the sole nominee of a show the Emmys obviously barely cared about. I’m surprised Dowd even showed up in that category, it was probably a THT buzz nom.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

If we’re talking winner, it should be Lena Headey (who criminally didn’t win for one of the best performances back in 2016 on TV for S6) as payback (not that her Ellaria scene and her 7×07 presence aren’t worthy of attention)

Her loss for her work on S6 is the most disappointing thing at the Emmys for me this decade. In fact, her entire award season run till date has been devastatingly brutal for someone like me, who is a really big fan of her craft. Lena Headey deserves more recognition for her performance as Cersei Lannister. She is actually the one actor who made me like the show version of the character more than the book version. Her snub for Blackwater (S2 E9) is  so infuriating; in fact how that entire episode was treated is an abomination. Only a single Globe and Critic’s Choice nomination and no nomination at the SAG or TCA, no nomination at the Emmys until her fourth year and impossibly still Emmy-less. I only have three words to say about this,

SHAME!   SHAME!   SHAME!

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I was actually more impressed with Yvonne Strahovski last year.  Anyway, I think that Alexis Bledel can absolutely split Ann Dowd’s votes.  She won for this role last year and actually has a tape.  This is not like Samira Wiley where nobody really knew why she was nominated in the first place.  And if Strahovski gets in too, then I think that we can pretty much count out The Handmaid’s Tale for a repeat supporting actress win, unless Game of Thrones takes up the other three slots.  Lena Headey can overcome being nominated against just Maisie Williams and not also Sophie Turner.  I do not see a scenario in which Chrissy Metz wins, but Millie Bobby Brown could.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

If we’re talking winner, it should be Lena Headey (who criminally didn’t win for one of the best performances back in 2016 on TV for S6) as payback (not that her Ellaria scene and her 7×07 presence aren’t worthy of attention)

Her loss for her work on S6 is the most disappointing thing at the Emmys for me this decade. In fact, her entire award season run till date has been devastatingly brutal for someone like me, who is a really big fan of her craft. Lena Headey deserves more recognition for her performance as Cersei Lannister. She is actually the one actor who made me like the show version of the character more than the book version. Her snub for Blackwater (S2 E9) is so infuriating; in fact how that entire episode was treated is an abomination. Only a single Globe and Critic’s Choice nomination and no nomination at the SAG or TCA, no nomination at the Emmys until her fourth year and impossibly still Emmy-less. I only have three words to say about this, SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

I couldn’t have said it any better.

Luca G.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Headey can overcome being nominated against just Maisie Williams

I think we only need to worry about that if THT receives only a single nomination here. Otherwise, Headey can very well win.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I currently have Headey, Dowd, Bledel, Strahovsky, Kirby, and Newton. In that scenario, I’d say literally anybody (except maybe Bledel) could have a chance at winning, but I’d probably put my money on Headey.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I was actually more impressed with Yvonne Strahovski last year. Anyway, I think that Alexis Bledel can absolutely split Ann Dowd’s votes. She won for this role last year and actually has a tape. This is not like Samira Wiley where nobody really knew why she was nominated in the first place. And if Strahovski gets in too, then I think that we can pretty much count out The Handmaid’s Tale for a repeat supporting actress win, unless Game of Thrones takes up the other three slots. Lena Headey can overcome being nominated against just Maisie Williams and not also Sophie Turner. I do not see a scenario in which Chrissy Metz wins, but Millie Bobby Brown could.

Or they could just award the right one for a change…

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I currently have Headey, Dowd, Bledel, Strahovsky, Kirby, and Newton. In that scenario, I’d say literally anybody (except maybe Bledel) could have a chance at winning, but I’d probably put my money on Headey.

I feel THT or for that matter, any show getting triple nominations here is basically impossible. Even double noms feels very unlikely. The competition is just too fierce and if either GoT or THT is able to achieve that then they’ll most likely win the top prize. Also, no way both Metz AND Brown are snubbed.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

I was actually more impressed with Yvonne Strahovski last year. Anyway, I think that Alexis Bledel can absolutely split Ann Dowd’s votes. She won for this role last year and actually has a tape. This is not like Samira Wiley where nobody really knew why she was nominated in the first place. And if Strahovski gets in too, then I think that we can pretty much count out The Handmaid’s Tale for a repeat supporting actress win, unless Game of Thrones takes up the other three slots. Lena Headey can overcome being nominated against just Maisie Williams and not also Sophie Turner. I do not see a scenario in which Chrissy Metz wins, but Millie Bobby Brown could.

Or they could just award the right one for a change…

Well, they haven’t been doing that for the past three years… so I’m not getting my hopes up.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Turner is better than Headey.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

No, she isn’t. Turner is a fine actress but not in the same league as Headey or even Williams.

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

No, she isn’t. Turner is a fine actress but not in the same league as Headey or even Williams.

Turner’s season 7 work was better than Headey’s. I really think people are overcompensating for her season 2 and 3 snubs. Her work in season 7 and even 6 really wasn’t that amazing (due to writing, although she towered above those limitations in The Winds of Winter).

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.