Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 556 through 564 (of 564 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Stegeo
Teridax
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Turner is better than Headey.

Of course the only hateful person that would say that is you.

Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Turner has never been on my radar, even when she gets passable material. I’ve just never understood the hype

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Turner is better than Headey.

Sophie Turner is an amazing actress and always have been, her material in season 7 might be even better than Headey’s but overall through the entire show Headey might be the best of the main cast (more than Dinklage, IMO), and she should have won several times before so I think letting anyone else from GoT win other than her will be a bummer. She needs at least 1 Emmy for GoT before it ends.

Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion, that of GoT is one of those cases where the acting has a limited importance or, to put it better, where actors are required to reach a certain level – good but not extraordinary – and once they’ve reached it, that’s enough. Each characters has a modest variety of possible states of mind, emotions, rage, etc. etc., because that’s what a shows like this demands: they need to be iconic, not extremely complex or multi-layered. Of course some of their actors are better than the others – Dinklage is deserving of at least one of his Emmys for his portrayal of Tyrion, for istance – but I’d say that all the important players are functional enough for their role: Turner does a fine job, so does Williams, etc. etc.
    This is why I wouldn’t award GoT actors too much; I just think some shows are better showcases for acting skills than others, simply because they rely more on the act itself of acting. To take a beloved example, just replace the two leads from The Americans with two not very good actors from GoT, Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington: the whole series would fall apart. But even with their evident limits, they’re fine enough when they appear in GoT.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion, that of GoT is one of those cases where the acting has a limited importance or, to put it better, where actors are required to reach a certain level – good but not extraordinary – and once they’ve reached it, that’s enough. Each characters has a modest variety of possible states of mind, emotions, rage, etc. etc., because that’s what a shows like this demands: they need to be iconic, not extremely complex or multi-layered. Of course some of their actors are better than the others – Dinklage is deserving of at least one of his Emmys for his portrayal of Tyrion, for istance – but I’d say that all the important players are functional enough for their role: Turner does a fine job, so does Williams, etc. etc. This is why I wouldn’t award GoT actors too much; I just think some shows are better showcases for acting skills than others, simply because they rely more on the act itself of acting. To take a beloved example, just replace the two leads from The Americans with two not very good actors from GoT, Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington: the whole series would fall apart. But even with their evident limits, they’re fine enough when they appear in GoT.

You are right to some degree, GoT is my favorite show of all times but I never held the acting aspect in the premium league, however in Headey’s case its different.

Her acting in Mother’s Mercy (Season 5 Episode 10) was brilliant and she was totally ‘robbed’ that year. She had many other outstanding preformances throughout the series and I think she is deserves to be rewarded at least once

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

In my opinion, that of GoT is one of those cases where the acting has a limited importance or, to put it better, where actors are required to reach a certain level – good but not extraordinary – and once they’ve reached it, that’s enough. Each characters has a modest variety of possible states of mind, emotions, rage, etc. etc., because that’s what a shows like this demands: they need to be iconic, not extremely complex or multi-layered. Of course some of their actors are better than the others – Dinklage is deserving of at least one of his Emmys for his portrayal of Tyrion, for istance – but I’d say that all the important players are functional enough for their role: Turner does a fine job, so does Williams, etc. etc. This is why I wouldn’t award GoT actors too much; I just think some shows are better showcases for acting skills than others, simply because they rely more on the act itself of acting. To take a beloved example, just replace the two leads from The Americans with two not very good actors from GoT, Emilia Clarke and Kit Harington: the whole series would fall apart. But even with their evident limits, they’re fine enough when they appear in GoT.

You are right to some degree, GoT is my favorite show of all times but I never held the acting aspect in the premium league, however in Headey’s case its different. Her acting in Mother’s Mercy (Season 5 Episode 10) was brilliant and she was totally ‘robbed’ that year. She had many other outstanding preformances throughout the series and I think she is deserves to be rewarded at least once

Headey also has to put on an accent and has a certain way of saying her lines, exactly like Ann Dowd in THT. And that’s very hard to do.

Luca G.

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Erm, I guess I’m the only one who thinks that both Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner got screwed by the writing in season 7? Normally I really like both but Maisie spent half her time being a murder bot and Sophie’s scenes were near indescribable at times due to awful dialogue. They were unbearable to watch at times through no fault of their own, but simply due to the stupidity of the plot. Thus the scenes they had to really pop were short and far between so even though I liked what I saw of them, they did not leave a lasting impression. They did have more material than Lena but I think Lena’s scenes were the bigger showcase and just far more visible. They also allowed her more range than the cold-blooded mask Maisie had to don for half the season and Sophie’s riddles with Baelish. Which makes me want to strangle the writers for undercutting the Starks’ reunions with their stupid plots. Let the emotional beats land, dammit, we’ve only been waiting for this for seven bloody seasons.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Sam H.
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Which makes me want to strangle the writers for undercutting the Starks’ reunions with their stupid plots. Let the emotional beats land, dammit, we’ve only been waiting for this for seven bloody seasons.

I’m still pissed the only properly sentimental Stark reunion was Sansa and Jon, I was ready to cry at Arya and Sansa but instead they were written like fucking robots

Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Erm, I guess I’m the only one who thinks that both Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner got screwed by the writing in season 7? Normally I really like both but Maisie spent half her time being a murder bot and Sophie’s scenes were near indescribable at times due to awful dialogue. They were unbearable to watch at times through no fault of their own, but simply due to the stupidity of the plot. Thus the scenes they had to really pop were short and far between so even though I liked what I saw of them, they did not leave a lasting impression. They did have more material than Lena but I think Lena’s scenes were the bigger showcase and just far more visible. They also allowed her more range than the cold-blooded mask Maisie had to don for half the season and Sophie’s riddles with Baelish. Which makes me want to strangle the writers for undercutting the Starks’ reunions with their stupid plots. Let the emotional beats land, dammit, we’ve only been waiting for this for seven bloody seasons.

Can’t agree more. Arya and Sansa plotline was awful in season 7. It would be a lot better if they sended Arya to King’s Landing, faking her indenty to be close or work for Cersei, like they did in season 2 with Tywin. And Sansa doing strategys for the war, being a true queen and dealing with LF alone.

If they screw with Arya and Jon meeting..

Viewing 9 posts - 556 through 564 (of 564 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.