Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 3)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 503 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +17 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Mukund
Stegeo
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the drama discussion in this 3rd thread.

Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Westworld is gonna do better than most people think

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly don’t see how. Most people aren’t even enjoying this season. And with of all those submissions, they shot themselves in the foot. But we shall see.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I have realized in this entire Emmy season, no one is talking about Stranger Things. The buzz is absolutely gone. Do you think it will underperform? I think Harbour and unfortunately Brown are a lock but I could see them missing out on writing for example. They are lucky to be a tech heavy show though. Visually, the show is absolutely undeniable.

Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there “buzz” for anything that’s not airing at the moment?

Whoop diddy scoop!

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I still feel the GOT buzz tbh, people are still talking about the Crown. People are always talking about TIU, I just talked to someone yesterday who mentioned it. No one is talking about ST.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I still feel the GOT buzz tbh, people are still talking about the Crown. People are always talking about TIU, I just talked to someone yesterday who mentioned it. No one is talking about ST.

There’s definitely less buzz, but it has the buzz to get nominated for whatever it wants. To win though, no, its moment was last year.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s probably a bit of buzz for The Americans, but that’s mainly because the series finale aired less than a month ago.

Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Precisely why I think people are underestimating Westworld. Who the hell is talking about ST and The Crown?

Courtney
    Participant
    Topics:

I loved S2 of Stranger Things, but you’re right there is no buzz right now. Only for Harbour, who I think could win and actually deserves to win too. That category is so stacked though and would be happy with a lot of the winners. I think ST S3 will premiere May next year, that’s my guess since it taking place in summer, and maybe will have more buzz.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I agree that whatever is airing now has an advantage.  Game of Thrones‘ own cast even forgot that the show was on this season, given that nobody self-submitted their performances.

Worth noting that Stranger Things was nominated by more guilds than any other drama this year, so it still has a wide base of support.  Having said that, I am predicting a downturn in nominations, missing out on directing, cinematography and production design and also missing out for stuff for which it is ineligible to repeat: Shannon Purser and the main title categories.  It might drop to a single editing nomination if The Handmaid’s Tale can get its last hanging episode nominated.  There is not really anywhere that it can expand, unless you buy into the Noah Schnapp hype.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

By this point, I would not be surprised for Killing Eve to get nominated for Writing over Westworld based on industry buzz, critical acclaim, and popular hype.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

The only thing i like more from season 1 compared to season 2 is the music. This is a better season. The Crown, Stranger Things had really good second seasons but not on the level of the first one. I’m not yet ready to watch The Handmaid’s Tale (I’m not a masochist) and definitely I will not watch This is Us.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think that Killing Eve can get into Series and Acting??
    On a recent Goldderby poll, 52% people thought so. I currently have it in none of the above mentioned categories. Writing (as mentioned above) feels the likeliest nomination for this show.

Couch Potato
    Participant
    Topics:

It will be interesting seeing how Westworld will do, with Game of Thrones in the mix. I think Westworld won’t get as many nominations as before. Also, with all those writing and directing submissions, may miss out on a nomination there. I do echo Riley’s idea of Stranger Things declining, which is definitely possible.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.