Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 4)

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 346 through 352 (of 352 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
Awards Fanatic
Ivo Stoyanov
methaddictions
  • David Baruffi
    Participant
    Topics:

Hey this is kinda out there, but Drama Guest Actor, I’m looking a little off-the-board, but does anyone think Edward James Olmos for “Narcos” has a real shot at getting in? I mean, it’s one of those shows where it’s a hard-to-tell if the Academy likes it or is aware of it, but it’s also one that I could randomly break into an acting category with a big enough name…. Is this just me that this has a shot, or no shot and don’t think about it?

ReplyCopy URL
    Trevor Jann
    Participant
    Topics:

As for winners, do people think that the Handmaid’s Tale’s lukewarm (at best putting it mildly here) finale will hurts its chances of winning? I’m not so sure if the momentum is already there, but who knows in a plurality vote.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awards Fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

As for winners, do people think that the Handmaid’s Tale’s lukewarm (at best putting it mildly here) finale will hurts its chances of winning? I’m not so sure if the momentum is already there, but who knows in a plurality vote.

No. GOT had a few controversial episodes and those won’t harm it either. Also some people loved the finale.

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

And Oh is suddenly #6 after her TCA nom? Why? I’m not a hater, and she’s a plausible spot #6, but I’m gonna laugh hard when someone like Laura Linney gets in and GoldDerby will act surprised like it doesn’t make any sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Diana Rigg vs Viola Davis will be interested. Davis is obviously a huge name so even if she wasn’t nominated for a role that she’s won in lead for she’d still be a contender to win. Logic points to her easily winning this. Diana Rigg was great though, she’s overdue for this role and it’s the last chance to reward her. A lot more voters are watching her show as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Diana Rigg vs Viola Davis will be interested. Davis is obviously a huge name so even if she wasn’t nominated for a role that she’s won in lead for she’d still be a contender to win. Logic points to her easily winning this. Diana Rigg was great though, she’s overdue for this role and it’s the last chance to reward her. A lot more voters are watching her show as well.

I think Wiley has this. She is the obvious choice and there is some obvious love for her show.

ReplyCopy URL
    J H
    Participant
    Topics:

No. GOT had a few controversial episodes and those won’t harm it either. Also some people loved the finale.

Yeah a lot of people liked how much Actual Plot Events it had.

It had logic issues esp given the preceding episodes, but on pure emotion it’s easy to see why many loved it.

And the most divisive part, the ending, IMO is a choice that actually does make sense given what’s happened so far.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 346 through 352 (of 352 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.