Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 550 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confident Clarke is in despite being in the much tougher category. I’m not sure if I want to predict Harington, but it’s probably the smart thing to do. I just don’t think he’s a very good actor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Did Emilia Clarke do anything to be worthy of a nomination this year?

Based on her previous submissions all she does is call a dragon and fly away.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Did Emilia Clarke do anything to be worthy of a nomination this year? Based on her previous submissions all she does is call a dragon and fly away.

As much as I love Daenerys, I’ve always struggled with Clarke. This season, she was very cringy, and 2 scenes are supposedly causing Emmy-buzz; the one where she meets Jon Snow and the one where she cries over Jon Snow (lol). They were both cringy and people are ranting about it. I still don’t see why people predict her so hard, and pretty sure the Emmys will nominate her again. In the speech/meet Jon Snow scene, every line that came out of her mouth, the way she delivered the lines makes you cringe, it was painful to watch this scene and that’s why I’ve never seen again it since that 1 time. The crying scene over Jon Snow, I think it’s just the producers’ choice, she didn’t really show emotion (she made a horrible face expression and just had tears on her cheeks), but I think they don’t want Daenerys to like break down etc. So, you can excuse her about the latter one, I guess. The same applies for a previous scene for which people were all confused about, because she didn’t show emotion either and she was supposed to because something spoilery happens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Basically, they were testing waters and since both are doing decent in the Gold Derby predictions, why not submit them lead. Personally, I wouldn’t vote for either of them, but now I’m forced to put Harington, while Clarke will be out for now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confident Clarke is in despite being in the much tougher category. I’m not sure if I want to predict Harington, but it’s probably the smart thing to do. I just don’t think he’s a very good actor.

To his credit, I think Harington just had his best season yet, acting-wise. He’s getting in, don’t let your feelings cloud your judgement, because Emmy voters aren’t going to care just like they didn’t care last year when they nominated his performance in Supporting.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Shouldn’t Ron Cephas Jones be moved to guest?

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want Lena Headey winning a Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    unown
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Lena pls win already, besides Dinklage she is the other one who deserves one and oh Diana rigg!! She killed it last 2 seasons.

Harington is getting better but still bad, Clarke has some moments but sometimes she just misses the mark completely. Maslany already won and orphan black’s last season seems ages ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

In terms of merit, neither of them should come close to a nomination, especially Harrington. I fear he’s getting in though, given how weaks his category can be.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Lena pls win already, besides Dinklage she is the other one who deserves one and oh Diana rigg!! She killed it last 2 seasons.

Harington is getting better but still bad, Clarke has some moments but sometimes she just misses the mark completely. Maslany already won and orphan black’s last season seems ages ago.

I’m afraid you’re right and she won’t even get nominated because of that, which is unfortunate because despite the messiness of the last season when she killed it, SHE KILLED IT, just like she used to. Some of the characters were a little all over the place this season and the overcomplicated storylines messed with the emotional beats she was trying to play, but in two character centric episodes “Beneath her Heart” and “Gag and Throttle” she knocked it out of the park. Each episode was focused on a clone that is usually kind of in the background, but who are arguably the most complex out of the clone club and Maslany really reminds you why everyone was so blown away by her back when the show first aired. Because its not just that she does all the accents and the wigs it’s because each performance ALONE can be award worthy when they give her the goods. At least she has her emmy to keep her company, but I honestly think her work in these two episode this season tops anything she did in season 4, possibly some of her best work ever on the show

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  nkb325.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I’m afraid you’re right and she won’t even get nominated because of that, which is unfortunate because despite the messiness of the last season when she killed it, SHE KILLED IT, just like she used to. Some of the characters were a little all over the place this season and the overcomplicated storylines messed with the emotional beats she was trying to play, but in two character centric episodes “Beneath her Heart” and “Gag and Throttle” she knocked it out of the park. Each episode was focused on a clone that is usually kind of in the background, but who are arguably the most complex c out of the clone club and Maslany really reminds you why everyone was so blown away by hear back when the show first aired. At least she has her emmy to keep her company, but I honestly think her work in these two episode this season tops anything she did in season 4, possibly some of her best work ever on the show

If it wasn’t for my desire to see Claire Foy winning for playing Lilibeth I’d be stanning so hard for Maslany to win second Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m afraid you’re right and she won’t even get nominated because of that, which is unfortunate because despite the messiness of the last season when she killed it, SHE KILLED IT, just like she used to. Some of the characters were a little all over the place this season and the overcomplicated storylines messed with the emotional beats she was trying to play, but in two character centric episodes “Beneath her Heart” and “Gag and Throttle” she knocked it out of the park. Each episode was focused on a clone that is usually kind of in the background, but who are arguably the most complex c out of the clone club and Maslany really reminds you why everyone was so blown away by hear back when the show first aired. At least she has her emmy to keep her company, but I honestly think her work in these two episode this season tops anything she did in season 4, possibly some of her best work ever on the show

If it wasn’t for my desire to see Claire Foy winning for playing Lilibeth I’d be stanning so hard for Maslany to win second Emmy.

Maslany leaving with just one Emmy for all her work in Orphan Black is sad, but it will be hard for her even be nominated this time, so I am cool with Foy winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think that Foy can actually win this year? I’d be thrilled!

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I do. I am predicting her right now. This year everyone has been saying “Claire Foy,Claire Foy, Claire Foy..”!, deservedly!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Weirdly, even though it’s far from a precursor to the Emmys, I am waiting on BAFTA before I predict it. I just think that if Foy can win there having lost unbelievably last year when BAFTA rarely reward internationally popular shows beyond their first season (they’ve never felt guilty enough to give Cumberbatch anything for 4 seasons of Sherlock) then a genuine desire to make sure she doesn’t leave the role unrewarded (i.e. the narrative she needs to win the Emmy) will have arrived.

Even if this happens though, I could totally see Elisabeth Moss just picking up momentum over the next few weeks just because Handmaid’s is airing and then winning like she did last year (let’s not forget that many of us were still predicting Foy until a similar scenario a year ago). I really hope this isn’t the case but I’ll never not be sceptical about the Emmy voters’ love of repetition.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 550 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.