Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

2018 Emmy Predictions Drama

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 550 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Luca Giliberti
Diet Teridax
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

What about Ann Dowd in The Leftovers? Deserving or not, I think the show getting zero nominations for its first 2 seasons and her being the shows only nod for the shows final season is proof the Emmys only nominated her because they like her, not because they cared about the show at all.

Great catch! I should note that I consciously excluded Laurie Metcalf for Horace and Pete. She technically fit the criteria, but the show was only on for one year and she was the standout.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

In an ideal world….

Drama Series
    The Americans
    The Expanse
    Game of Thrones
    Halt and Catch Fire
    This Is Us

Actor:
    Sterling Brown, This Is Us
    Lee Pace, Halt and Catch Fire
    Matthew Rhys, The Americans
    JK Simmons, Counterpart
    Milo Ventimiglia, This Is Us
    Jeffrey Wright, Westworld

Actress:
    Shohreh Aghdashloo, The Expanse
    MacKenzie Davis, Halt and Catch Fire
    Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Claire Foy, The Crown
    Mandy Moore, This Is Us
    Keri Russell, The Americans

Supporting Actor:
    Cas Anvar, The Expanse
    Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
    Brendan Fraser, Trust
    David Harbour, Stranger Things
    Justin Hartley, This is Us

Supporting Actress:
    Kerry Bishe’, Halt and Catch Fire
    Millie Bobby Brown, Stranger Things
    Thandie Newton, Westworld
    Dominique Tipper, The Expanse
    Chrissie Metz, This is Us

Guest Actor:
    Cameron Britton, Mindhunter
    Ron Cephas Jones, This is Us
    Matthew Goode, The Crown
    Gerald McRaney, This is Us
    Jimmi Simpson, Westworld

Guest Actress:
    Kate Burton, This is Us
    Cherry Jones, The Handmaid’s Tale
    Rachel Nichols, The Librarians
    Diana Rigg, Game of Thrones
    Cicely Tyson, How to Get Away With Murder

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I just remembered that THR had Harris in lead before Chris confirmed it and they also have Fiennes for The Handmaid’s Tale. In the credits, he appears right after Moss. It wouldn’t be smart, but who knows.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They had Fiennes in lead because Chris did, but Chris has since confirmed Fiennes for supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I just remembered that THR had Harris in lead before Chris confirmed it and they also have Fiennes for The Handmaid’s Tale. In the credits, he appears right after Moss. It wouldn’t be smart, but who knows.

I’ve said before that particular website and reporter pull their predictions straight off of Gold Derby. When we are wrong, they are wrong. When a network makes a change, they often don’t even notice they we changed the center.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I watch this show called The Originals, which is a spin-off of the teen show The Vampire Diaries, no one probably knows about it, but I’ve always loved its cinematography, and it got nominated this year at ASC. It’s The CW,  but do you think there is room this year? It’s its final season, and it’s been nominated for hairstyling before, and although being The CW Crazy Ex-Girlfriend meanwhile has won Editing for a Comedy in the past.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sad that Headey will have 0 Emmys for playing Cersei. This year she’ll lose to Dowd, next year to Streep. RIP

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Whew, Moss + Streep would be the most amazing pair of actressing winners ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the academy realizes that Lena is overdue and rewards her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sad that Headey will have 0 Emmys for playing Cersei. This year she’ll lose to Dowd, next year to Streep. RIP

To be honest, Headey didn’t have her best material with Season 7 of Game of Thrones. She was most deserving for Season 6’s killer submission, The Winds Of Winter. She showed such range and was a real highlight of an amazing episode of the show in general. I think “Dragon and the Wolf” and “The Queen’s Justice” would be her best episode submissions for the year, but even then I felt Ann Dowd and even Thandie Newton left more of an impact in the premieres of their seasons. Headey is like Hugh Laurie in House and Michael C. Hall in Dexter during their final seasons, kind of, in the sense that she could have and should have won at least once, but never was able to do so. Not that episode submissions matter anymore, but even when they did she wasn’t able to win and when they didn’t she wasn’t able to ride along with the sweeps.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

The only hope is if HBO could delay BLL to summer in the next year. Having the last season of your biggest cultural phenomenon compete against your own very expected second season of a big critical and public hit series is stupidy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Maybe they have a breakout hit coming the next season though or an amazing season of Westworld or something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe they have a breakout hit coming the next season though or an amazing season of Westworld or something.

Jonathan and Lisa said that Westworld’s season 3 will probably be release in 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

`

<blockquote>
    <div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”><a href=”http://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/2018-emmy-predictions-drama/page/21/#post-1202536200″ rel=”nofollow”>Riley wrote:</a></div>
    Maybe they have a breakout hit coming the next season though or an amazing season of <em>Westworld</em> or something.
    </blockquote>
    Jonathan and Lisa said that Westworld’s season 3 will probably be release in 2020.

Reis is right, here’s a link. Respect for wanting to take necessary time to craft the storylines. http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/westworld/news/a855409/westworld-season-3-might-not-air-until-2020/

Also, great news for Thandie Newton and Evan Rachel Wood in their getting paid what they deserve! http://www.vulture.com/2018/04/westworld-thandie-newton-receiving-equal-pay-for-season-3.html

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Whew, Moss + Streep would be the most amazing pair of actressing winners ever.

Actually I think mean Colman and Streep.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 550 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.