Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 548 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Riley
Makuta Teridax
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Genius could return this year as well, but this season doesn’t have Ron Howard. He won’t be directing I think and he’s only exec producing 2.01.

Also, if Patrick Melrose is 5 hours, how long does Hugo Weaving need to appear in order to be able to submit?

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, if Patrick Melrose is 5 hours, how long does Hugo Weaving need to appear in order to be able to submit?

5% of the whole season, I think.

Gaceru
    Participant
    Topics:

5% of the whole season, I think.

Only 15 minutes aprox.

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you really think AHS will appear this much? I personally liked this season a lot but the show kinda seems to be past its peak. At the very least Evan finally deserves a nom.

I highly doubt it. The show has been getting slowly shut out from the Emmys year after year to the point where it only scored below the line noms last year. Even Emmy stable Sarah Paulson missed out and she was coming off a huge year with ACS. Also, this year didn’t exactly receive rave reviews. If the academy did not nominate Evan for earlier seasons at a time when the show was still getting buzz, I don’t know if they’d do it now. There are more hyped actors in other more prominent TV shows to allow for Evan to break in now, and FX has newer and flashier Ryan Murphy shows to campaign for instead.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Sam H.
    • This reply was modified 5 months, 2 weeks ago by  Sam H.
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

So, Black Mirror is submitting Toby Haynes (USS Callister) for Directing when they have Tim Van Patten (Hang the DJ) and Jodie Foster (Arkangel)?

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

So, Black Mirror is submitting Toby Haynes (USS Callister) for Directing when they have Tim Van Patten (Hang the DJ) and Jodie Foster (Arkangel)?

To my knowledge it is only confirmed that USS Callister will be submitted for TV Movie along with its actors but we are still in the dark as to its writing and directing submissions (although the assumption that it will be Callister for both is sound imo). Although Van Patten is the bigger name I still think it’s perfectly good strategy to submit the flashier directorial effort.

Honestly I would think they could probably submit both Callister and Hang the DJ as movies and get nominated for both. I wonder if Netflix considered this possibility.

akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

Best TV Movie:

• Black Mirror: USS Callister
    • Paterno
    • Fahrenheit 451
    • The Tale
    • Flint

Best Limited Series:

• The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
    • Twin Peaks
    • Genius: Picasso
    • The Looming Tower
    • Godless

Lead Actor:

• Darren Criss – The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
    • Al Pacino – Paterno
    • Michael B. Jordan – Fahrenheit 451
    • Antonio Banderas – Genius: Picasso
    • Kyle MacLachlan – Twin Peaks
    • Jeff Daniels – The Looming Tower

Lead Actress:

• Jessica Biel – The Sinner
    • Laura Dern – The Tale
    • Elisabeth Moss – Top of the Lake: China Girl
    • Michelle Dockery – Godless
    • Sarah Paulson – American Horror Story: Cult
    • Cristin Milioti – Black Mirror: USS Callister

Supporting Actor:

• Edgar Ramirez – The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
    • Jeff Daniels – Godless
    • Michael Shannon – Fahrenheit 451
    • Peter Sarsgaard – The Looming Tower
    • Jimmi Simpson – Black Mirror: USS Callister
    • Ricky Martin: The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

Supporting Actress:

• Penelope Cruz – The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
    • Laura Dern – Twin Peaks
    • Riley Keough – Paterno
    • Merritt Wever – Godless
    • Nicole Kidman – Top of the Lake: China Girl
    • Judith Light – The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

LIMITED SERIES
    ACS: Versace
    Godless
    The Looming Tower
    Patrick Melrose
    The Sinner

TV MOVIE
    Black Mirror
    Fahrenheit 451
    Flint
    Paterno
    The Tale

LIMITED ACTOR
    Antonio Banderas (Genius: Picasso)
    Darren Criss (ACS: Versace)
    Benedict Cumberbatch (Patrick Melrose)
    Michael B. Jordan (Fahrenheit 451)
    Kyle MacLachlan (Twin Peaks)
    Al Pacino (Paterno)

LIMITED ACTRESS
    Hayley Atwell, Howard’s End
    Jessica Biel, The Sinner
    Laura Dern, The Tale
    Michelle Dockery, Godless
    Cristin Milioti, Black Mirror
    Elisabeth Moss, Top of the Lake: China Girl

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Jeff Daniels, Godless
    Ricky Martin, ACS: Versace
    Edgar Ramirez, ACS: Versace
    Jason Ritter, The Tale
    Michael Shannon, Fahrenheit 451
    Michael Stuhlbarg, The Looming Tower

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Penelope Cruz, ACS: Versace
    Elizabeth Debicki, The Tale
    Laura Dern, The Tale
    Regina King, Seven Seconds
    Judith Light, ACS: Versace
    Meritt Wever, Godless

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you really think AHS will appear this much? I personally liked this season a lot but the show kinda seems to be past its peak. At the very least Evan finally deserves a nom.

I highly doubt it. The show has been getting slowly shut out from the Emmys year after year to the point where it only scored below the line noms last year. Even Emmy stable Sarah Paulson missed out and she was coming off a huge year with ACS. Also, this year didn’t exactly receive rave reviews. If the academy did not nominate Evan for earlier seasons at a time when the show was still getting buzz, I don’t know if they’d do it now. There are more hyped actors in other more prominent TV shows to allow for Evan to break in now, and FX has newer and flashier Ryan Murphy shows to campaign for instead.

And to be fair, Peters didn’t really have the kind of meat he did in Cult. If this were one of the earlier seasons, he’d get in but the Emmys are over AHS.

Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

The Versace trio getting nominated would be one of the worst nominations ever made by the academy.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We’ve gotten new intel, so the following names are being added to the predictions center:

Timothy Spall (“Electric Dreams”) — lead

Kathy Baker (“Paterno”) — supporting

Jon Jon Briones (“Versace”) — supporting

Elizabeth Debicki (“The Tale”) — supporting

Hugo Weaving (“Patrick Melrose”) — supporting

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

I like that I have 100/1 odds on Elizabeth Debicki and Jennifer Jason Leigh.  I now have Merritt Wever in sixth, which is the same as Gold Derby; I am concerned that she will be Mary Elizabeth Winstead’d, but at least Wever is a past nominee/winner.

I do not really know what to do in supporting actor.  I have all four American Crime Story guys now, but Finn Wittrock will probably be added to the predictions centre at some point and then what do I do?  Maybe the safest thing to do is predict only Edgar Ramirez from the show and use the extra slots for Hugo Weaving, Jason Ritter and Jimmi Simpson.

It kind of gets at why I am not predicting anyone from The Looming Tower. There are just too many of them. Alec Baldwin is not in the predictions centre for it, but he could get added at some point. I am not even sure if American Crime Story can overcome “vote-splitting” this time and at least we know that the Emmys are actually watching that. Also, not like Michael Stuhlbarg got in for Fargo.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

@riley what do you think of Regina King for Seven Seconds? She might get in based on namecheck.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t understand predicting Black Mirror actors. Jimmi Simpson didn’t really have material to shine. Milioti carried the movie to be honest and deserves recognition, but I just don’t see her get in. I too personally predict a Black Mirror actor and that’s Jesse Plemmons. He’s not unknown to the academy as a past nominee and he was the one with the juicy material, but still I’m not convinced people will vote for him. I’ll start predicting BM actors once the academy nominates one.

Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Black Mirror got a SAG nomination, so it has the propensity for acting nominations.  It is not a lost cause, like say Silicon Valley.  Jimmi Simpson got a BAFTA nomination and it might seem on the surface easy to dismiss because Black Mirror is British, but BAFTA actually never nominated any performances from the first three seasons.  Netflix is sure to mount a much stronger campaign for Black Mirror this time too after not prioritizing it last time (only mailing a couple of episodes in their best-of-the-rest collection instead of the complete season.)

A Regina King name-check would be more believable if she had gotten in for The Leftovers.  That show was not really on the radar, but I do not think that Seven Seconds is either.  There are limits to these things.  Ellen Burstyn and Margo Martindale do not get in for everything and King has so far only gotten in for one show.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 548 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series’ is closed to new replies.