Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 548 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Riley
Teridax
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I still don’t get how he would get nominated. The season isn’t as big as the first one to have bunch of acting nominations. For me, even predicting Criss, Ramirez and Cruz seems too much. Besides these three and Light, I don’t think anyone else could get in.

I think he has a small chance to be nominated. ACS might not be as big as season 1 but it’s still probably the biggest miniseries this year and supporting actor is such a mess. After Daniels and Ramirez, I have no idea who to predict. I could see a scenario where it’s just filled with guys from ACS and Godless.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Outstanding Limited Series

• The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
    • Godless
    • The Looming Tower
    • Patrick Melrose or Top of the Lake: China Girl
    • Twin Peaks: The Return
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Top of the Lake: China Girl

Doubt it. I’d like to hear thoughts on Kidman. Is she getting in solely on name recognition?

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d like to hear thoughts on Kidman. Is she getting in solely on name recognition?

No.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Kidman gets in.

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently the two episodes that FX sent the voters in early May for Versace (i.e, the Man Who Would Be Vogue & A Random Killing) are only two (of five) that they are submitting for directing. Per their DVD package, they are also submitting House By the Lake, Creator/Destroyer and Manhunt. That’s way too many especially for a nine-episode show so they may have just shot themselves in the foot. I do like their writing picks as House By the Lake and Creator/Destroyer  are the strongest episodes of the season and were positively received.

Per their recent publicity, it does not look like FX is pushing Cody Fern all that hard which is a damn shame. The recent photoshoot for Emmy magazine had Darren, Penelope, Edgar and Ricky, and these four are the ones with quotes from critics on the DVD package so it looks like they are throwing their weight behind Edgar and Ricky. I might be reading too much into this since Judith Light also wasn’t a part of the shoot and doesn’t have a quote on the package and we know that they are pushing her, but she is a veteran actress with previous noms and higher visibility than newcomer Cody. I’m gonna be so damn disappointed if Cody gets snubbed in favor of Ricky.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 4 weeks ago by  Sam H.
    Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ricky Martin’s weak nothing-performance gets nominated over Cody Fern (or even Finn Wittrock) it will prove that they didn’t actually watch the damn thing and just checked off the names of the credited “regulars”.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Per their recent publicity, it does not look like FX is pushing Cody Fern all that hard which is a damn shame. The recent photoshoot for Emmy magazine had Darren, Penelope, Edgar and Ricky, and these four are the ones with quotes from critics on the DVD package so it looks like they are throwing their weight behind Edgar and Ricky. I might be reading too much into this since Judith Light also wasn’t a part of the shoot and doesn’t have a quote on the package and we know that they are pushing her, but she is a veteran actress with previous noms and higher visibility than newcomer Cody. I’m gonna be so damn disappointed if Cody gets snubbed in favor of Ricky.

Besides the four leads, both Judith Light and Jon Jon Briones are mentioned on the cover of the FYC package. It’s a quote from Deadline actually.

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Top of the Lake: China Girl

Doubt it. I’d like to hear thoughts on Kidman. Is she getting in solely on name recognition?

I have Kidman getting in solely due to weak competition leaving spots wide open. Nobody is talking about China Girl to the point I would sooner predict Twin Peaks: The Return solely due to the Lynch show having way more buzz and fan support.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Besides the four leads, both Judith Light and Jon Jon Briones are mentioned on the cover of the FYC package. It’s a quote from Deadline actually.

Not on the newest one.

Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubted Nicole Kidman for months, but she could just be an easy name-check. There aren’t many other options to choose from, so if she misses out due to the low buzz of China Girl, who realistically would take her place? The only possible options I can think of are a supporting actress from Howards End (Julia Ormond) and either Ellen Burstyn or Elizabeth Debicki, but I’m not sure about those two.

Of course, there is Naomi Watts right there with a worthy performance for people to vote for, but Laura Dern has sucked up all the attention for that show. In an ideal world they would both be nominated.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s good to see people sleeping on Kidman. It’s better for my odds.

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Not on the newest one.

Sorry, aside from everything else, this cast is so damn handsome

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

There seems to be some confusion about The Assassination of Gianni Versace.  20th Century included the premiere and “A Random Killing” in their DVD bundle; FX just included the complete season in theirs.  They are obviously going to campaign Ricky Martin harder than Cody Fern because the former was a series regular and the latter had a guest contract.  Internally though, they prefer Fern, as his episode was submitted for writing over the premiere and for directing over the finale, which is pretty cool.  Ridiculous that FX could not be bothered to paste quotes for their guests on their pages in the mailer to voters.

As for Nicole Kidman, nobody cares about China Girl.  Yes, it is Nicole Kidman, but big names have been known to miss for shows that nobody cares about.  Snubs in her very category last year include Kathy Bates and Sarah Paulson for American Horror Story, Ellen Burstyn and Viola Davis for Custody, Helen Hunt for Shots Fired and Whoopi Goldberg for When We Rise.  Catherine Zeta-Jones even missed for Feud.  But what about how the first Top of the Lake did so well?  Well, what about how American Horror Story was still cleaning up just two years ago?  And even the first Top of the Lake could not get Holly Hunter nominated, despite a SAG nomination.  China Girl received zero guild nominations and Kidman did not get the best notices either, like Hunter. I count ten alternatives: Ellen Burstyn, Penelope Cruz, Elizabeth Debicki, Laura Dern, Angela Lansbury, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judith Light, Sharon Stone, Merritt Wever, Letitia Wright.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I never saw why Holly Hunter had buzz. She did 100% nothing, and deserved no nominations at all, a choice wisely made only by the Emmys. Her SAG nom was a crime.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 548 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series’ is closed to new replies.