Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 543 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Riley
Diet Teridax
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

I have Shannon as this years Nicole Kidman for Grace of Monaco.

Kidman was not nominated.

Exactly.

So, you meant he’s not getting nominated.

Correct.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Pacino was never in the race, as anyone who saw De Niro and Cranston lose knew.  It is Criss versus Cumberbatch at this point.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I doubt Cuberbatch will win. I have him being snubbed for a nomination. I think it’s Criss’s to loose. I think Plemons could be a dark horse, but the hurdle for him will be getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt Cuberbatch will win. I have him being snubbed for a nomination. I think it’s Criss’s to loose. I think Plemons could be a dark horse, but the hurdle for him will be getting nominated.

I absolutely agree that Criss is the frontrunner here. I have Cumberbatch in second though.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Cumberbatch was too raved about, is getting too much of a push from Showtime and is too beloved by the industry to be snubbed for this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Cumberbatch isn’t winning because no one cares about Patrick Melrose, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a Cicely Tyson situation where he canceled himself out with The Child in Time and wasn’t even nominated. It’s probably Criss with MacLachlan as a dark horse. Pacino should be in contention to win, Paterno sucked but his performance is so underrated, he was brilliant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Long-running Doctor Who has entered as a movie because that is what flies these days, so I guess that that is our fifth nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Has Doctor Who ever gotten any kind of emmy attention?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Has Doctor Who ever gotten any kind of emmy attention?

I believe last year was it’f first year submitting.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Long-running Doctor Who has entered as a movie because that is what flies these days, so I guess that that is our fifth nominee.

I’m tempted to predict it, but has it ever got any Emmy love before?

I still feel confident that voters will just name-check ‘Flint’ thinking it’ll be a relevant/important nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Last year was their first year entering and it was as a drama.  I think that enough voters have seen Doctor Who at some point to check it, not to mention that I bet that more voters actually saw the submitted episode than something like Flint anyway.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ik it didn’t hit precursors, but is it impossible for The Sinner to actually end up getting in everywhere? Series, Actress, Supp Actor, Directing, Writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Ik it didn’t hit precursors, but is it impossible for The Sinner to actually end up getting in everywhere? Series, Actress, Supp Actor, Directing, Writing

I could see it absolutely overperform. It was definitely the most watched show out of all shows in contention. Also season 2 is just around the corner. My only problem is that I am not sure how many people are aware of the “category fraud”. That could hurt it I guess. But it didn’t stop them from giving BLL everything, so who knows

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see it absolutely overperform. It was definitely the most watched show out of all shows in contention. Also season 2 is just around the corner. My only problem is that I am not sure how many people are aware of the “category fraud”. That could hurt it I guess. But it didn’t stop them from giving BLL everything, so who knows

BLL hadn’t announced its 2nd season yet, and both The Sinner and BLL were created as limited series.

ReplyCopy URL
    k
    Participant
    Topics:

Not been following this awards season because I’m behind on basically everything, but I wanted to know what David Lynch’s chances are. If the trend of rewarding directors for helming all the episodes in a limited series continues, could he pull off the win? His only competition in that regard would be Scott Frank for Godless, who got a DGA nod while he was snubbed. Then again, Susanne Bier wasn’t DGA nominated and still won the Emmy.

Hoping Lynch surprises and wins it in the end, he’d be so deserving.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 543 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.