Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 548 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Riley (the no..
Teridax
  • Zazee
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there any chance Good Girls will be cancelled and moved to Limited? I would love Christina Hendricks to get nominated, she’s killing it in contemporary drama.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Zazee.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Zazee.
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Regardless of how bad Versace is, I think it might end up with 2 writing noms as well. So, Versace (2 noms), Patrick Melrose, The Tale, Godless and Black Mirror.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Is there any chance Good Girls will be cancelled and moved to Limited? I would love Christina Hendricks to get nominated, she’s killing it in contemporary drama.

I love that show so much, but i don’t think it’ll get any nominations. Which is a pity because Hendricks and Retta are so so good.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol, Indiewire predicts Cocaine Godmother (instead of Flint) for TV Movie. Not impossible if you think of its ratings. It was a critical flop but Christmas of Many Colors got in based on its ratings as well.

Fourteen million versus two million though.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Fourteen million versus two million though.

Oh, I thought it was way more, not happening then.

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

1.846 mil, even

Anonymous
    Topics:

I have finally figured it out why people are claiming Leading Actress is so weak this year. It’s because we’re so used to seeing A-list actresses nominated here year after year it’s weird for us to see so many actresses without name recognition in the running. Even though they’re on the same acting level as last year’s line-up or even better because they don’t chew the scenery as some of the last year’s nominees did. For example Sarah Gadon is absolutely outstanding and would have been not only a worthy nominee but also a worthy winner.

Alexander Bailey
    Participant
    Topics:

Even as the most passionate Twin Peaks fan here (well, almost so), I’m expecting the Emmys to shut it out almost completely, at least in major categories. Too much creativity for them to handle. I’m only expecting Kyle McLachlan to be nominated at the moment.

There’s no way they shut out Lynch/Frost for Writing and Directing. Especially not Lynch in Directing.

Lynch’s DGA snub says a lot, since they nominated Kyra Sedgwick for “Story of a Girl” (I still don’t know what that is even about) over his season of Twin Peaks work. I strongly believe he show is D.O.A. for Writing specifically since even a lot of fans who loved the show admitted it wound up being more style than substance. Even Kyle MacLachlan said he didn’t understand the finale. I have it getting in Limited Series and for MacLachlan simply because of my inner sheep when it comes to awards predictions, but I’m not calling either of them locks.

It’s not a lock for series at all (my heart wants it to be), and MacLachlan isn’t gonna win Actor unless Criss and Pacino split the vote enough. But I do honestly believe that the only real competition Lynch has in Directing is Jane Campion and maybe Ryan Murphy. The Return was very much style over substance, but that style was damn good.

Also, Dern had better win for Supporting Actress, she was amazing.

Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t say Lynch is style over substance at all. It’s showy work, but Lynch has always been more than just artsy surrealism. The thing that makes me think he can win is the 18 hour factor and the single-director auteur factor. It might be the kind of thing that seems impressive enough to vote for, even if you didn’t bother to watch the whole thing. That being said, Godless and Howards End also have single directors so competition might be tough. Jennifer Fox’s The Tale is said to have showy directing as well.

And Al Pacino is a huge name, but Paterno was really boring and I’m not sure people will even watch it (they could just name-check him to win anyway, but they didn’t for HBO’s Phil Spector, so he’s not totally infallible when it comes to winning Emmys.) Criss winning depends on how well Versace is embraced. It might not be the clean sweep everyone seems to think it will be. For some reason, I just keep getting 2014 The Normal Heart vibes when everyone thought the Murphy project of the year was gonna sweep everything but then it didn’t.

MacLachlan, on the other hand, is seemingly being regarded as a minor contender who will never come close to competing for the win, even though he is an overdue TV veteran with 2 previous noms and the showiest role(s) in the category by far. You would think that having a huge actorly performance of several characters would give him the advantage, yet people seem to be convinced Criss is a lock and no one can beat him.

I guess people don’t have confidence that MacLachlan can win for a cult genre show against a Ryan Murphy Emmy bait role. Then again, no one thought Tatiana Maslany would win either, and she came out of nowhere and surprised everyone on Emmy night, primarily because enough people had seen or heard that she impressively pulled off playing multiple roles.

There is bound to be some sort of surprise in the Limited/Movie field, because there is no way Versace is going to win Series AND 3 acting awards AND Writing and/or Directing. I think we’re going to have a very scattered set of wins spread across several shows.

I am not entirely sure that David Lynch was snubbed for Kyra Sedgwick.  The guilds vary by how they categorize limited series.  For example, DGA nominated American Crime Story as a drama and ACE counts FargoSherlock and 24: Legacy as dramas.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Sedgwick got nommed for a DGA?! Can this actually affect the Emmys? I’m joking, she directed a tv movie nobody cares about.

Just interviewed the producing director of The Assassination of Gianni Versace.  My first guess for his submission would have been the finale, but he is actually going with “House by the Lake” because that fourth episode is the thesis for the season, which is interesting and fair.

dizzieblonde
    Participant
    Topics:

Just interviewed the producing director of The Assassination of Gianni Versace. My first guess for his submission would have been the finale, but he is actually going with “House by the Lake” because that fourth episode is the thesis for the season, which is interesting and fair.

Good choice – absolutely the best episode of the season, for me. Utterly compelling to watch – so tense and upsetting that I could hardly breathe! I’d say it’s also Darren Criss’ strongest episode, but he has quite a lot to choose from! The fact that episode 4 was entirely Versace-free speaks volumes as to where the strengths of the season were – and it wasn’t in the glitzy fashion-filled storyline!

I still think they produced a fantastic overall season, more compelling than the other contenders and enough to win Limited Series, plus one or two acting awards (my bets are on Criss and maybe Cruz). Not sure if they’ll manage much more than that (some creative categories maybe), as I suspect there’ll be a wider distribution of awards for the top 3 or 4 limited series/movies compared to previous years that have had almost complete sweeps for the ‘big buzzy’ show of the year (OJ, BLL etc).

Madson Melo
    Participant
    Topics:

Why no one is predicting Lonnergan to win Writing? Is it inelegible or something?

It was so acclaimed and he is an oscar winner for writing after all.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 548 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions Movie and Limited Series’ is closed to new replies.