Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions Movies/Limited Series (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions Movies/Limited Series (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 156 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Riley
forwardswill
  • Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Do not forget Olive Kitteridge for Jesse Plemons. Sizeable roles in four program winners and another nominee is quite the résumé.

As for Darren Criss’s bar, it is not that it does not help, but if he wins, it will simply be because this is a towering performance, such that he was nominated in the catch-all performer-of-the-year categories of both the TCA and our Gold Derby Awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Do not forget Olive Kitteridge for Jesse Plemons. Sizeable roles in four program winners and another nominee is quite the résumé.

As for Darren Criss’s bar, it is not that it does not help, but if he wins, it will simply be because this is a towering performance, such that he was nominated in the catch-all performer-of-the-year categories of both the TCA and our Gold Derby Awards.

That’s very true!

Luca G.

ReplyCopy URL
    Malinda Kao
    Participant
    Topics:

Every interview I have seen at least, he seems very humble, articulate and respectful towards other people there. He complimented everyone when they did the HR Roundtable.

He kinda did something like that again when the Emmy nominations were announced and he gave a shoutout to the iconic characters played by the other nominees in his category.

And if you like stories of actors being nice to the underappreciated extras on set, this was really nice to read. Bonus for Pinoy bonding time! I’m admittedly already a fan, but stuff like that still earns a lot of points in my book.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Never stood out on Glee? He was not even in the first season, but he kind of commandeered the show after debuting with his Billboard top-ten cover of “Teenage Dream”.

I meant acting wise ofc. Vocally is a different story. He also deserved his Emmy nomination for the show.

FYC Gold Derby TV Awards: Michelle Dockery - Movie/Limited Series Actress. Claire Foy - Performer of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I finished Godless over the weekend and I am really impressed with it, now I agree with Amanda Pears that that voters will have the need to reward Scott Frank, he does an incredible and very hard work directing and writing all the episodes, also, the story is completely original. Unfortunately, maybe he was tired because the last episode is not that well directed and written as the previous six, it´s really big and emotional episode, but he makes some very strange and incoherent creative decisions. I read that many people agree with me and that the finale is very divisive, so I think that he will have better chance on winning directing, so I just switched on him.

Michelle Dockery is just incredible, she is so versatile, so transformative, she is so subtle, she and Wever stole the show. Now I am even more sure about her win. Her performance is the forth episode is beyond outstanding.

Jeff Daniels and Merit Wever are both incredible as well, Daniels is very transformative as well, but they both choose the wrong episodes, the finale is their biggest showcase, in her case her submission is her second best, but he choose his forth best, which is very strange. I consider Cruz, Light and Wever, and also Daniels, Ramirez and Wittrock, to be very strong competitors, all of them have a very good shot at winning. Maybe, on tape, Wittrock and Light are the best, but if you look the whole seasons, Cruz, Ramirez and Daniels are the most transformative. Wever has the most likable character, she is a total scene stealer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Darren Criss gave the best male performance this year alongside Matthew Rhys. So he is not overrated at all, he is winning. And I loved how different Versace was from O.J. I also adored him in Glee and this is his biggest advantage, Andrew and Blaine seem like two different persons, nobody expected such versatility from him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Directing is either David Lynch or Scott Frank. Take your pick, I’m going with a Lynch upset unless Twin Peaks gets completely shut out at Creative Arts. The Emmys didn’t feel the need to reward Steven Zaillian for his acclaimed The Night Of last year, I don’t think they will feel as much of an urgency to reward Frank as they will Lynch for his 18-hour WTF saga.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sam H
    Participant
    Topics:

Re: Darren Criss. Is the entitlement thing about the interview where he talked about his ethnicity? That’s the only thing that I can remember that he came across as entitled and it was mostly due to wrong punctuation that he clarified later on Twitter (and I have heard the statement from him several times before so I know that he wasn’t just doing damage control). He did misspeak a few times before but I don’t really recall him being arrogant or entitled, and I’m someone who has been following him for quite some time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

No, just many people mistake self-confidence for arrogance. Some people think that he was arrogant in the two round tables that he did, especially for the one mixed for Los Angeles Times, but I completely disagree.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Not sure if this is the right place, but these choices are terrible!
    https://www.indiewire.com/2018/08/anonymous-emmy-ballot-actress-donald-glover-atlanta-game-of-thrones-1201993511/

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Actresses do not vote for reality host or informational series, so at least she did not actually get to make those choices.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Whether anyone thinks Darren Criss will or should win the Emmy, can we all agree he is sexy as hell?! Like, ridiculously hot to the point one could nickname him “the sun of god?” Seriously, get this guy a superhero role immediately! He is so deserving of a hetero crush.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Whether anyone thinks Darren Criss will or should win the Emmy, can we all agree he is sexy as hell?! Like, ridiculously hot to the point one could nickname him “the sun of god?” Seriously, get this guy a superhero role immediately! He is so deserving of a hetero crush.

Lol, I just made a comment in another thread saying I was surprised people were calling Criss attractive, then I see this. I actually find him to be very average looking

ReplyCopy URL
    Nora Durst
    Participant
    Topics:

Criss deserves this, although I’m sure Cumberbatch is excellent. But, c’mon.

ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

Just saw Judith Light’s submission. I’ll be shocked if she loses, unless they play the name check game…..

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.