Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 639 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Eden
Riley
Stegeo
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

I would predict 4 Handmaids supporting actresses beforehand 4 GoT supporting actresses. And keep in mind MBB and Newton will most likely stay as well.

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I would predict 4 Handmaids supporting actresses beforehand 4 GoT supporting actresses. And keep in mind MBB and Newton will most likely stay as well.

UNLESS MBB goes Guest. I think Samira Wiley wouldn’t have been nominated if Game of Thrones was up this year. Don’t forget that Yvonne Strahovski also played a fan favorite THT character and was snubbed. I think last year GoT failing to win any of its six acting nods (“vote-splitting” be damned) proved more than ever that the Emmys love to nominate the shows actors, but they aren’t passionate enough to give them the win. The opposite seems to be true for The Handmaid’s Tale’s cast, with only 4 cast members making the cut (in 3 categories like Game of Thrones) and 3 actually winning. IF you’re smart, you will predict Thrones to clean up with acting nominations but predict Handmaid’s to clean up with acting wins. 😉

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t say it’s really “opposite” given that it’s 4 acting nominees vs. 6 for a show that was in its 6th season and had built up love for its actors in that time.

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t say it’s really “opposite” given that it’s 4 acting nominees vs. 6 for a show that was in its 6th season and had built up love for its actors in that time.

Good point. Game of Thrones only got Peter Dinklage in for its first, who won.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Do we think McKinnon will win again next year? I’m particularly interested in seeing how Comedy Supporting Actress shapes out as it has the most open lots (three) of any category next year.

Predictions:
    1. Kate McKinnon
    2. Leslie Jones
    3. Judith Light
    4. Jessica Walter
    5. Megan Mullally
    6. Gaby Hoffman

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Good point. Game of Thrones only got Peter Dinklage in for its first, who won.

I think THT actually has the most acting nominees in its first season for a Drama Series that started this century. Compared also to Lost, 24, Mad Men, Homeland, Breaking Bad.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

This is Us has more.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

If Master of None, Atlanta, UKS, and Veep all miss eligibility, there is a major shakeup coming in Comedy. From the reviews it looks like Transparent may be out for good too. I’m thinking Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Will & Grace all return. Black-ish, Silicon Valley, and Modern Family all make it back. That leaves one slot left for a new show.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

This is Us has more.

When did it win Drama Series?
    Unless you both didn’t read “Compared also to Lost, 24, Mad Men, Homeland, Breaking Bad” and ignored the capital letters indicating I meant winners.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Most acting nominations for the first season of a show that premiered this century and won Outstanding Drama Series at some point over the course of its run? Better contact Guinness World Records.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Laura Liney get in Drama Supporting Actress? She’s the soul of Ozark imo. And has some really good scenes especially in the first episodes.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Can Laura Liney get in Drama Supporting Actress? She’s the soul of Ozark imo. And has some really good scenes especially in the first episodes.

No room for her, if she even submits supporting. And Linney is overshadowed by Garner.

hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Speechless gets a sophomore surge, better ratings, and then replaces either Blackish or Modern Family as ABC’s token family comedy nominee. Speechless is just do smartly written and hilarious while MF and blackish have been getting stale.

jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Most acting nominations for the first season of a show that premiered this century and won Outstanding Drama Series at some point over the course of its run? Better contact Guinness World Records.

I didn’t say it was an omgrecord, and was just responding to someone’s previous comment about GoT’s cast noms, but let out that rage at Handmaid beating your inferior faves I guess.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

JI

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 639 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.