Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 524 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
1 hour ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Riley
kancov
  • Riley
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and I think it can get a nomination for Half-Hour Cinematography or whatever the new category is called for the episode Josh’s Ex-Girlfriend Is Crazy. Quite good work.

But it is an hour-long show?

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and I think it can get a nomination for Half-Hour Cinematography or whatever the new category is called for the episode Josh’s Ex-Girlfriend Is Crazy. Quite good work.

But it is an hour-long show?

Oh shit yeah, duh I forgot.That’s why it doesn’t get as many noms as it deserves. It’s 42 mins long on average, so I guess that means it is hour-long. Thanks for reminding me.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

Just to let you guys know, Baskets will continue without Louis C.K.’s involvement, so Louie is still in and will likely still get nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah no reason to believe Anderson won’t be nominated or Galifianakis won’t be in contention for a nomination. It’s chances at Series though are probably dead since Louie was a Producer.

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s safe to assume Tambor is out? We’re having a purge at the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone watching this season of Good Behavior? Ann Dowd’s guest spot in ‘I Think It’s a Sign’ was a far superior performance to what she gave on either The Leftovers or The Handmaid’s Tale- finally I found her Emmy worthy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Even though it is starting production much later than normal, I am hearing through the grapevine that Kimmy Schmidt will not miss the Emmy deadline of May 31 after all. They are trying to figure out a way to stream the first half of the season by then and the second half later on. The main reason for the production delay is that Tina Fey has all of her focus on the Mean Girls musical right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone watching this season of Good Behavior? Ann Dowd’s guest spot in ‘I Think It’s a Sign’ was a far superior performance to what she gave on either The Leftovers or The Handmaid’s Tale- finally I found her Emmy worthy.

She’s being her usual villain self in this. This performance was just longer. It’s the same as everything else she does. You wanna kick her fucking ass here too. She’s very typecast.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s being her usual villain self in this. This performance was just longer. It’s the same as everything else she does. You wanna kick her fucking ass here too. She’s very typecast.

There’s so much more range though. She goes from being the standard overbearing villain to revealing her own personal struggles with the FBI to also showing off incredible comedic skills (that video on the bus was hysterical). For once, she got the chance to realise a character and she nailed it.

ReplyCopy URL
    JoeyJ
    Participant
    Topics:

Even though it is starting production much later than normal, I am hearing through the grapevine that Kimmy Schmidt will not miss the Emmy deadline of May 31 after all. They are trying to figure out a way to stream the first half of the season by then and the second half later on. The main reason for the production delay is that Tina Fey has all of her focus on the Mean Girls musical right now.

Biggest effect would be in supporting actor where Titus might be the favorite to win with Baldwin going  Guest, if pushed back to later in the year it makes a wide open category even more open.

ReplyCopy URL
    hats-off
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people insisting that Baldwin is going guest? He’s been in half of the episodes so far this season and there will always be topical Trump stuff to play. He will very likely be in at least half of this seasons episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Why are people insisting that Baldwin is going guest? He’s been in half of the episodes so far this season and there will always be topical Trump stuff to play. He will very likely be in at least half of this seasons episodes.

Multiple people have stated he will have a smaller presence this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler The Awesome Guy
    Participant
    Topics:

It would suck because I think Tituss DESERVES an Emmy for last season alone, and this is coming from someone who was not initially a fan of him on UKS season 1 or 2 (I thought he was good but easily not the MVP).

ReplyCopy URL
    kancov
    Participant
    Topics:

If UKS returns before the Emmy deadline, they better give Tituss good material, since his best chance was last year with the Lemonade parody.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Tituss could’ve won for any of the three seasons. With tapes considered, he should’ve easily won in seasons 1 and 3.

Is Baldwin even going to be nominated if he stays in supporting? Or win? People might not care anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 524 total)
Reply To: 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.