Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 639 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Eden
Riley (the no..
  • Stretchy
    Participant
    Topics:

Most acting nominations for the first season of a show that premiered this century and won Outstanding Drama Series at some point over the course of its run? Better contact Guinness World Records.

I didn’t say it was an omgrecord, and was just responding to someone’s previous comment about GoT’s cast noms, but let out that rage at Handmaid beating your inferior faves I guess.

what are you, 12?

Resident Stranger Things/Netflix stan!

no one
    Participant
    Topics:

Do 12 year olds talk like that? Are you an expert at them?

Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Emma Stone for what? SNL?

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Emma Stone for what? SNL?

She and Jonah Hill have a new show on Netflix, Maniac.

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Laura Liney get in Drama Supporting Actress? She’s the soul of Ozark imo. And has some really good scenes especially in the first episodes.

No room for her, if she even submits supporting. And Linney is overshadowed by Garner.

Garner? I mean, I get it, but I don’t think so.

4 GoT actresses? I can only see Headey getting nominated. Clarke didn’t have the material to stand out this season. I can see Maisie Williams getting nominated again, maybe Sophie Turner too, but I doubt it a bit.

no one
    Participant
    Topics:

Well there was a decent amount of dragon action which is the highlight of Dany’s character.

M: The Original
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Emmy recognition for Insecure. But there is no plausible scenario I see this happening despite opening slots. HBO polish is not enough for the older and even younger sophisticated voters. Low stakes series with only rumblings from Black Twitter.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Emmy recognition for Insecure. But there is no plausible scenario I see this happening despite opening slots. HBO polish is not enough for the older and even younger sophisticated voters. Low stakes series with only rumblings from Black Twitter.

The ratings are much better this season, and the acclaim has been greater as well.

I can see it actually do well because of the open slots, better ratings and greater critical acclaim. There’s also something to be said about HBO putting it’s campaign prowess behind Insecure as Veep won’t be eligible.

ricardo505
    Participant
    Topics:

Did HBO confirm that Vepp won’t be eligible?

no one
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s hard to gauge how organic Insecure’s ratings rise is since most of it was on the same night as juggernaut GoT.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s hard to gauge how organic Insecure’s ratings rise is since most of it was on the same night as juggernaut GoT.

The final two episodes did not have GoT as a boost. Season 1 averaged about 0.4 million. Every episode with the Game of Thrones boost has over a million. The first episode without the boost dropped almost in half with 0.788 million. That’s a big drop, but it’s still twice of what season 1 was. The finale went up to 0.806 million.

Game of Thrones helped it for sure. But it still does have even better ratings than season 1 without ince GoT ended. I hope they find another hit to put Insecure with.

no one
    Participant
    Topics:

that’s a small sample size, and ballers is also bigger than divorce was.

Regardless of where they came from, Insecure has more viewers than last year, which bodes well for its chances.

Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Regardless of where they came from, Insecure has more viewers than last year, which bodes well for its chances.

The Leftovers (another critically acclaimed HBO show from recent years) Season 3 also had more viewers than ever before yet only picked up a single nomination. It couldn’t even get in Drama Series over a name-check of House of Cards for its worst-received season ever. Poor Theroux couldn’t get nominated in a loaded Drama Lead Actor category with 7 nominees!

However, if Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt AND Veep miss next years Emmys, and since Master of None isn’t returning already, I could definitely see a Writing nomination for Insecure at the very least. Look at Black Mirror winning this year and Catastrophe’s nomination last year. Every once in a while, the writers branch does like to surprise us in a good way. I say it is still unlikely, but for now I’m not going to rule it out. The ratings can only help, realistically. 🙂

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

With the possibilty of Kenper as Dreyfus gone, that leaves Janney, Tomlin, Fonda, Ross, and Adlon.  One of them are staples to the category and could easily be snubbed. There will be a major shakeup and hopefully Rae will be a part of it. Messing and Brie are coming for nominations and possibly Stone if she goes lead.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 639 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.