Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 639 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Eden
Riley
  • Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope the queen wins.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

I would loooooove for the category of Individual Performance in a Variety to come back and remove the Saturday Night submissions from the Guest categories.

Another option would be if the Emmys bring back Outstanding Continuing or Single Performance by a Supporting Actress in Variety or Music.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I would loooooove for the category of Individual Performance in a Variety to come back and remove the Saturday Night submissions from the Guest categories.

Whether it comes back or not, it’s not gonna fix Judith Light’s empty hands

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I remember last year having The Crown as a front runner in almost every category, but then came The Handmaid’s Tale. This year, I want Foy to win even more than last year. She was absolutely brilliant. Moss will surely be great, but I would hate if the voters didn’t award Foy for her final season.

(fka kancov)

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I think either she or Robin Wright has a great chance of winning.

Tom
    Participant
    Topics:

Some possibilities of new programs:

Limited Series – Trust (FX)
    Lead Actor – Donald Sutherland
    Lead Actress – Hilary Swank
    Supporting Actor – Brendan Fraser
    Directing – Danny Boyle
    Writing – Simon Beaufoy

Limited Series – Mosaic (HBO)
    Lead Actress- Sharon Stone
    Lead Actor – Garrett Hedlund
    Supporting Actor – Beau Bridges
    Directing – Steven Soderbergh

Drama Series – Here and Now (HBO)
    Lead Actor – Tim Robbins
    Lead Actress – Holly Hunter
    Directing – Alan Ball
    Writing – Alan Ball

Comedy Series – Barry (HBO)
    Lead Actor – Bill Hader
    Supporting Actor – Henry Winkler
    Created by Alec Berg and Bill Hader

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Comedy Series – Barry (HBO) Lead Actor – Bill Hader Supporting Actor – Henry Winkler Created by Alec Berg and Bill Hader

Not happening. The pilot was atrocious.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

If Trust is any good Harris Dickinson can be nominated. He was great in Beach Rats and already has an Indie Spirit nomination, with so many big names around he should be able to Finn Wittrock/Richard Cabral his way to a nomination.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Robin Wright is going to win the Emmy for House Of Cards. This will be very similar to Jon Cryer winning his second Emmy for Lead Actor Comedy in 2012 for Two and a half Men after the Charlie Sheen incidents.

Chris
    Participant
    Topics:

Robin Wright is going to win the Emmy for House Of Cards. This will be very similar to Jon Cryer winning his second Emmy for Lead Actor Comedy in 2012 for Two and a half Men after the Charlie Sheen incidents.

Here’s hoping. Wright has been so consistently great on HOC, and a win (finally) would be truly deserving.

Tyler [Last Name]
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah but I still feel HOC prime has long passed. I would more want to see Claire Foy win. She is sensational in every sense of the word.

FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m wondering if Moss doesn’t have SAG locked after all. SAG loves to repeat, Foy could benefit from a recent release, and Foy is getting even more praise this season. Also, Wright has the “fuck you Kevin Spacey” narrative going for her. It’s working for Christopher Plummer so maybe it’ll work for her.

Marco B.
    Participant
    Topics:

Unfortunately one between Robin Wright and Keri Russell will lose (probably both), and this will be added to the list of worst mistakes made by the Emmys in this decade.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

I think all three of Wright, Russell, and Foy will end up Emmyless for these amazing roles. Maslany or Moss will end up as the winner. Or someone like Holly Hunter will come out of the blue and snatch it.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Wright has the “fuck you Kevin Spacey” narrative going for her. It’s working for Christopher Plummer so maybe it’ll work for her.

I’m still not convinced in Wright gaining momentum because of Spacey. She worked with him for years, it’s not like she didn’t know anything and that can hurt her. Plummer is a different situation. He replaced Spacey in the last minute and did a terrific job (as I’ve heard, haven’t seen the movie) in a very short amount of time. Plus, Scott managing to finish the movie is admirable, which helped the movie get multiple nominations at the Globes, most recently.

(fka kancov)

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 639 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.