Home Forums Television 2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 639 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Hunter-ish
Eden
Riley
  • Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t seen any of the Versace season of ACS, but based on the raves Judith Light got for her episode this week, Ryan and John need to make a call to ATAS so she can be eligible for supporting actress.

no one is winning over Queen Penelope

Penelope’s first few brief appearances were very good but not really enough to declare her a lock this early. Let’s see what else she gets to do before saying no one can beat her. Plus, she’s absent for most of the season.

She could still win, though. At this early stage, I think it’s between her and Laura Dern (people who haven’t seen Twin Peaks have no idea how baity and tailormade-for-Emmy her submission episode is). Maybe Angela Lansbury if an overdue narrative materializes.

Anonymous
    Topics:

no one is winning over Queen Penelope

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao Penelope Cruz is not a lock for ACS. She has a minimal role and most people agree Light was better than her. I haven’t seen any raves for Cruz, mostly people just saying she was okay. She reminds me of CZJ in Feud, who people said was a lock to win at this time last year as well.

Angela Lansbury is overdue and has raves, but not to many people saw it.

Light has raves and eyeballs but she probably will not be eligible.

Dern has an amazing tape and buzz from Twin Peaks but that probably won’t end up being a thing at the Emmys.

Maybe Cruz wins by default, no crazy competition yet. This category seems pretty light.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Lmao Penelope Cruz is not a lock for ACS. She has a minimal role and most people agree Light was better than her. I haven’t seen any raves for Cruz, mostly people just saying she was okay. She reminds me of CZJ in Feud, who people said was a lock to win at this time last year as well.

Angela Lansbury is overdue and has raves, but not to many people saw it.

Light has raves and eyeballs but she probably will not be eligible.

Dern has an amazing tape and buzz from Twin Peaks but that probably won’t end up being a thing at the Emmys.

Maybe Cruz wins by default, no crazy competition yet. This category seems pretty light.

It’s premiering in May on PBS.

But there’s one performance that would be clear frontrunner if it premiered during this eligibility period. Unfortunately PBS fucked it up by premiering this movie in June instead of May. I’m talking about Vanessa Redgrave in Man in an Orange Shirt. She kills it. She plays hateful homophobic bitch and is so fucking good at it. The movie is outstanding with great performances from the whole cast. Such a beautiful story. I recommend you to watch it asap.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s premiering in May on PBS.

Even worse. May releases have proven deadly recently.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

But there’s one performance that would be clear frontrunner if it premiered during this eligibility period. Unfortunately PBS fucked it up by premiering this movie in June instead of May. I’m talking about Vanessa Redgrave in Man in an Orange Shirt. She kills it. She plays hateful homophobic bitch and is so fucking good at it. The movie is outstanding with great performances from the whole cast. Such a beautiful story. I recommend you to watch it asap.

Omg finally someone else that has seen Man in an Orange Shirt. Cannot believe PBS are wasting it in June. I’d also mention Oliver Jackson-Cohen’s performance in the first episode was stunning but the whole thing was so well crafted.

FYC Gold Derby TV Awards: Michelle Dockery - Movie/Limited Series Actress. Claire Foy - Performer of the Year.

Gabriel
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe. Most people assume that, but I think Twin Peaks will probably get two or three nominations in a genre/cult passion pick kind of way, a la Black Mirror.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I still maintain to watch out for Meritt Wever if Limited Supporting Actress ends up being empty. Netflix will make sure the show gets seen so even if I’m not expecting it to do that well otherwise I could easily see Wever, as the basically undisputed standout to anyone who’s seen the show, taking it on performance alone. Cruz seems like a non-entity to me. I think she’s great but I can’t see her close unless she owns the finale and buzz carries her there. Dern has the acclaim but the tape is irrelevant (THEY DON’T WATCH THEM) and I think it will have been too long since the show aired. Lansbury has the critics on side but I barely heard anything about the show when it aired in the UK over Christmas so wouldn’t be surprised if it came and went in the US too. Light can win this if she becomes eligible.

FYC Gold Derby TV Awards: Michelle Dockery - Movie/Limited Series Actress. Claire Foy - Performer of the Year.

Anonymous
    Topics:

I still maintain to watch out for Meritt Wever if Limited Supporting Actress ends up being empty. Netflix will make sure the show gets seen so even if I’m not expecting it to do that well otherwise I could easily see Wever, as the basically undisputed standout to anyone who’s seen the show, taking it on performance alone. Cruz seems like a non-entity to me. I think she’s great but I can’t see her close unless she owns the finale and buzz carries her there. Dern has the acclaim but the tape is irrelevant (THEY DON’T WATCH THEM) and I think it will have been too long since the show aired. Lansbury has the critics on side but I barely heard anything about the show when it aired in the UK over Christmas so wouldn’t be surprised if it came and went in the US too. Light can win this if she becomes eligible.

They can always nominate Sigourney Weaver for The Defenders based solely on name recognition. Her only obstacle is it’s based on comic book. She’s overdue for an Emmy. It wouldn’t shock me if she won over Landsbury or anyone else. And she even has episode to do it. But no one from comic book show has ever been nominated for Emmy. But if it’s as weak category as it seems then she might get nominated and take it in the end.

Hunter-ish
    Participant
    Topics:

They can always nominate Sigourney Weaver for The Defenders based solely on name recognition. Her only obstacle is it’s based on comic book. She’s overdue for an Emmy. It wouldn’t shock me if she won over Landsbury or anyone else. And she even has episode to do it. But no one from comic book show has ever been nominated for Emmy. But if it’s as weak category as it seems then she might get nominated and take it in the end.

Frank Gorshin was nominated in outstanding actor in a comedy series for playing The Riddler in the 1960’s Batman.

I’m being bitchy again. Sorry.

Anonymous
    Topics:

Frank Gorshin was nominated in outstanding actor in a comedy series for playing The Riddler in the 1960’s Batman.

I’m being bitchy again. Sorry.

I had no idea. That’s great to know! Thanks, bitch.

J H
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe. Most people assume that, but I think Twin Peaks will probably get two or three nominations in a genre/cult passion pick kind of way, a la Black Mirror.

Well black mirror has sag and pga attention. the revival has been pretty ignored.

Andrew Carden
    Participant
    Topics:

If PBS gives Little Women a fierce FYC campaign, I suspect Lansbury might just (at last!) prevail. Cruz seems like a likelier Globes winner.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis (and my annual Oscar predictions contest), please visit me at The Awards Connection!

Phillippo
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Kidman possible for Top of the Lake? She didn’t do much, but competition seems weak.

Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

If Moss beats Foy again.

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 639 total)

The topic ‘2018 Emmy Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.