Home Forums Television 2018 Primetime Emmy Ceremony – Who should present together?

2018 Primetime Emmy Ceremony – Who should present together?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Alex Meyer
Luca Giliberti
AayaanUpadhyaya
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

In the slugfests, Amanda Spears always talks about who the Academy should pair up when it comes to presenting. I feel like the Academy hasn’t done a good job at finding the right pairings for the last few years, so I actually think this is worth talking about. I myself have some wishes:

• Ann Dowd & Margo Martindale
    • Ann Dowd & Lena Headey (because of their characters)
    • Viola Davis & Cicely Tyson
    • Viola Davis & Kerry Washington
    • Alexis Bledel & Milo Ventimiglia
    • Allison Janney & Laurie Metcalf

These are just a few from the top of my head.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Michelle Dockery and Matthew Goode

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve been waiting for this thread and thought it might be too early to start, but here are two pairings that I think would be particularly amazing if they happened:

Alexis Bledel and Milo Ventimiglia (I know Amanda suggested this last year, but this year they’re both nominated at the same ceremony, and Amy Sherman Palladino is up for a couple of awards there too, so it would be worth it just for her reaction shot)
    Valerie Harper and Rhea Perlman, to present Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (two previous three-peaters presenting in a category with a past three-peater, a likely three-peater, and a nominee who could notch her third win in the category)

Especially given the SNL heavy production team, I’d also love to see Steve Martin and Martin Short present together. And Julia Louis-Dreyfus doesn’t need a co-presenter, but a return to present Comedy Actress or Comedy Series would likely yield a nice huge ovation.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Nate.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

And Julia Louis-Dreyfus doesn’t need a co-presenter, but a return to present Comedy Actress or Comedy Series would likely yield a nice huge ovation.

I fully support this. She has to present Comedy Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jeffrey Kare
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke & Kit Harington
    Laura Dern & Alexander Skarsgård
    Justin Hartley & Chrissy Metz
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus & Jerry Seinfeld
    Eric McCormack & Debra Messing

ReplyCopy URL
    chanelmoviestar
    Participant
    Topics:

MBB and Noah Schnapp, they’re very good friends and I think it’s quite endearing when young actors present at awards shows

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Emilia Clarke & Kit Harington
    Betty White and Carol Burnett

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

MBB and Noah Schnapp, they’re very good friends and I think it’s quite endearing when young actors present at awards shows

Millie’s behavior on stage at award shows has been pretty bad, I would hope the Academy doesn’t go there. If people don’t know what I mean, then look up the MTV Movie awards of this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

Millie’s behavior on stage at award shows has been pretty bad, I would hope the Academy doesn’t go there. If people don’t know what I mean, then look up the MTV Movie awards of this year.

How is her standing up to Internet bullies who’ve harassed her bad behavior?

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

How is her standing up to Internet bullies who’ve harassed her bad behavior?

Maybe I am talking about the wrong awards show then. At one show, she’s on stage with two of her co-stars and she literally pushes one of them away, who wanted to say something, just so she can say something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

What awards show was that? I don’t ever recall that happening. Unless it was an awards show I don’t normally watch like the Teen Choice Awards or something.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah it was Teens Choice, but upon rewatch, it seemed more like an accident but people were talking about it a lot:
    https://youtu.be/2U7WfOrp5Nc

ReplyCopy URL
    Awardsfan1990
    Participant
    Topics:

I watched the clip; it didn’t look like Millie Bobby Brown was trying to interrupt Caleb McLaughlin. He clearly was moving back so that she could approach the microphone, and it looks like he started to slip (maybe the floor was very slippery?) because maybe he wasn’t watching where he was going. That’s what it seems like to me. I don’t think there was any malicious intention on Millie Bobby Brown’s part. I think you were just making a mountain out of a molehill for the whole situation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Someone
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah it was Teens Choice, but upon rewatch, it seemed more like an accident but people were talking about it a lot: https://youtu.be/2U7WfOrp5Nc

Literally the first time I hear about it and you seem to have something against MBB tbh.

Yes ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyne Daly and Sharon Gless should present Drama Lead Actress

Betty White and Cloris Leachman should present Comedy Series

Shelly Long and Kirstie Alley should present Comedy Lead Actress

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.