Home Forums Television 2018 SAG Awards TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

2018 SAG Awards TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 232 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Teridax
Riley
  • BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Geoffrey Rush keeps escaping his harrasment story.

Rush keeps “escaping” his harassment story because there is nothing to it (yet). He isn’t even being told what the allegations are supposed to be so he can’t defend himself. He’s suing Sydney’s Daily Telegraph for defamation.

We’re living in a time when the simple mention of the word or an accusation that isn’t proven yet gets you in trouble. So yeah, he’s escaping it wether it’s true or not. He could’ve been snubbed here and at the Globes too. I thought they would stay from everybody who was even a tiny bit close to the current scandal.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

[/quote]
    You do NOT want to read who came in at #1.[/quote]

Classic Paul.

A lot of shows end up at #1, or anywhere on these lists, doesn’t mean people or award shows care about them. You of all people should know that since you usually complain about every single list every single year when your faves (movies or shows) don’t make it but shows or films “nobody cares about” and “nobody watches” or worse, ones you don’t know about, make it in.

It’s hilarious that NOW you do care for “Best of” lists.

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG needs to open up and add supporting categories. Makes no sense why they have supporting in the film side but not tv.

I think them and GG should just have two separate ceremonies and give the proper awards out to tv and movie and not lump people into broader categorises.

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG needs to open up and add supporting categories. Makes no sense why they have supporting in the film side but not tv.

I think them and GG should just have two separate ceremonies and give the proper awards out to tv and movie and not lump people into broader categorises.

SAG is wrapped up in a short 2 hours. Instead of hiring a host to waste more time, just add the 4 extra categories and be done with it.

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG is wrapped up in a short 2 hours. Instead of hiring a host to waste more time, just add the 4 extra categories and be done with it.

well they hired Bell to host this year lol… maybe she can get an emmy nom for hosting

Andrewsart.etsy.com

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

So glad Curb Your Enthusiasm, the funniest show out there, was nominated and that Larry David was honored as well! Best news to come from the TV nominations.

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

*woke up from a nap*
    *sees the SAG TV nominees*
    *yawns*
    *channels Doris Day; “Is That All There Is?”
    *resumes rest of the day*

As someone who loves The Good Place, I would like to apologize on behalf of Paul and also state that Ted Danson is the standout of the show and the real snub

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

TELEVISION:

Some genuine surprises here. Guess I have to start watching “Ozark” now? Didn’t expect Linney or Bateman to show up. No Megan Mullally? The awards circuit so far hasn’t nearly given the “Will & Grace” reboot its proper due. Sad that Issa Rae missed out, but I knew that both Fonda and Tomlin would make the cut and that JLD would bounce back. They’re officially done with “Transparent,” sadly. Glad that Robin Wright made it in. #ShePersisted. I expect the Emmys to do the same. Voters will NEVER get tired of Uzo Aduba lol! Poor Danielle Brooks. Never heard of “Glow” before. All of that “Big Little Lies” love should have been expected, I guess, but Dern and Skarsgård? I can see why HBO held off of the renewal news now as they would have missed out on tons of nominations. Still rooting for the “Feud” ladies to win something for their stellar efforts. Yay Larry David! It’s about time someone acknowledged how great this latest season was! Loving the all-female presenters idea as well! If only the Lifetime Achievement Award had gone to a woman this year …. Anyways, unexpected nods.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

TELEVISION: Some genuine surprises here. Guess I have to start watching “Ozark” now? Didn’t expect Linney or Bateman to show up.

No one rly did. I’m a huge fan of the show and Bateman seems more logical, but Linney didn’t have the material I think to truly shine.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Still rooting for the “Feud” ladies to win something for their stellar efforts.

Maybe vote-splitting among Dern, Kidman and Witherspoon helps Lange.

Sean C
    Participant
    Topics:

My guesses:

Comedy Ensemble – GLOW; fact that Maron got a nomination indicates this show has enthusiastic support.

Drama Ensemble – right now I’m going to guess that Stranger Things repeats, since it hasn’t done anything to lose the support it had last year, and The Handmaid’s Tale voters could focus on Moss. Game of Thrones is a perennial bridesmaid for the one award it actually deserves to win at some point.

Drama Actor – Sterling K. Brown, as love for him seems universal, and it’s a way to recognize the show.

Drama Actress – Elisabeth Moss.

Comedy Actor – honestly, no idea. I guess Macy would be the default since he’s won twice before, but I could see David, Anderson or even Ansari taking this.

Comedy Actress – Alison Brie.

eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix is again the winner here. Laura Linney should’ve been obvious, but I thought Auntie V still had some juice. Guess HTGAWM is done at the awards. That’s all I got.

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Shit just saw that Fargo got shut out

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Methinks The Handmaid’s Tale, GLOW, Brown, Moss, David, Louis-Dreyfus, De Niro and Kidman.

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Stranger things, OITNB , Brown , Moss, Anderson, JLD, Sarsgard and Kidman

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 232 total)

The topic ‘2018 SAG Awards TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.