Home Forums Television 2018 SAG Awards TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

2018 SAG Awards TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 232 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Teridax
Riley (the no..
  • eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble in a Drama Series 13 Reasons Why

Please explain. Lol

You giggle, but Netflix dominated the TV categories last year. This could surprise.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

You giggle, but Netflix dominated the TV categories last year. This could surprise.

It won’t.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble in a Drama Series
    13 Reasons Why

Please explain. Lol

SAG loves ensembles headlined by children and/or younger actors. They nominate kids all the time for performances that even the Oscars don’t nominate.

And 13 Reasons Why’s biggest strength was its strong ensemble of younger actors.

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

SAG loves ensembles headlined by children and/or younger actors. They nominate kids all the time for performances that even the Oscars don’t nominate.

And 13 Reasons Why’s biggest strength was its strong

It had no buzz coming into the Emmy nominations, let alone in December

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

It had no buzz coming into the Emmy nominations, let alone in December

Neither did Captain Fantastic but it got in movie ensemble.

GusCruz
    Participant
    Topics:

Neither did Captain Fantastic but it got in movie ensemble.

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to compare the movie and tv categories. But we’ll see!

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure it’s a good idea to compare the movie and tv categories. But we’ll see!

I’m just using that example because I believe Captain Fantastic totally got in because of all those younger actors. I do have 13 Reasons Why at number 5 though because I understand it has next to no industry buzz.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

And 13 Reasons Why’s biggest strength was its strong ensemble of younger actors.

13 reasons why had no strengths.

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not predicting it, but I can see the case for 13RW in Ensemble. I mean Netflix is most accessible when it comes to content, so since very few networks actually send screeners to voters, Netflix IS the screener. Underestimate Netflix at your own peril.

Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Come on guys, you were all trying to make the same arguments for the emmys. It didn’t happen there and it’s not happening here.

queenbee
    Participant
    Topics:

Season seven level means sole nomination for Mullally and nothing else.

Just confirms once again I’m the only one on the planet that liked season 7!

Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Ensemble in a Comedy Series BLACK-ISH MODERN FAMILY ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK VEEP WILL & GRACE Female Actor in a Comedy Series Ellie Kemper / UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT Judith Light / TRANSPARENT Julia Louis-Dreyfus / VEEP Megan Mullally / WILL & GRACE Lily Tomlin / GRACE AND FRANKIE Male Actor in a Comedy Series Aziz Ansari / MASTER OF NONE Tituss Burgess / UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT Sean Hayes / WILL & GRACE William H Macy / SHAMELESS Jeffrey Tambor / TRANSPARENT Ensemble in a Drama Series THE CROWN GAME OF THRONES THE LEFTOVERS THE HANDMAID’S TALE STRANGER THINGS Female Actor in a Drama Series Millie Bobby Brown / STRANGER THINGS Carrie Coon / THE LEFTOVERS Claire Foy / THE CROWN Lena Headey / GAME OF THRONES Elisabeth Moss / THE HANDMAID’S TALE Male Actor in a Drama Series Sterling K. Brown / THIS IS US Peter Dinklage / GAME OF THRONES James Franco / THE DEUCE Kit Harrington / GAME OF THRONES Bob Odenkirk / BETTER CALL SAUL Female Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Nicole Kidman / BIG LITTLE LIES Jessica Lange / FEUD: BETTE AND JOAN Elisabeth Moss / TOP OF THE LAKE: CHINA GIRL Susan Sarandon / FEUD: BETTE AND JOAN Reese Witherspoon / BIG LITTLE LIES Male Actor in a Limited Series or Movie Robert De Niro / THE WIZARD OF LIES Ewan McGregor / FARGO Alfred Molina / FEUD: BETTE AND JOAN Geoffrey Rush / GENIUS Alexander Skarsgard / BIG LITTLE LIES

Do you think Orange Is The New Black will win again this year? lol

[/quote]

No, where did I say that?

Marlon Gonzalez
    Participant
    Topics:

If you don’t have Ellie Kemper in your Predictions….It is Invalid

jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

If you don’t have Ellie Kemper in your Predictions….It is Invalid

Looool you are predicting UKS to win series at the Emmys without a writing or a directing nom (and a Krakowski snub). Your bias is showing. The show has missed out on ensemble for the past two years and had its least acclaimed season yet, she is far from a lock

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

film2counselor
    Participant
    Topics:

You didn’t, they’ve won for the past 3 years. That’s why I asked.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 232 total)

The topic ‘2018 SAG Awards TV Nominations (Predictions Center Now Open)’ is closed to new replies.