Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ballots

2019 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 227 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
sofan
verissimoallan
  • EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Zero. They will find a way to screw this show and their fans again like they have the past 2 years. In an ideal world, 20. It was. that. good.

Well not the answer I was expecting but ok. If it makes you feel any better I’m predicting 5 noms, which I think is the best it can get. Series, Writing, Actor, S. Actress, G. Actress

Formerly Ospencer. I'm still a huge fan of Octavia but my old username felt too specific.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Nothing (except Beyoncé’s Homecoming film dominating the Variety categories) would make me happier than Alfie Allen scoring a nomination. Make it happen please!

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Fleabag is now locked in writing.
    A bit surprised that Escape at Dannemora has submitted two episodes in writing.
    Ozark has four entries in directing.
    Bodyguard should do well with “Episode 1” in writing and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

The Bells Long-awaited reunions occur as the ultimate battle for the Iron Throne commences. These plot summaries are giving me life.

Who was reunited here actually? Cersei with a bunch of rocks?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

We found out that My Brilliant Friend was competing for these Emmys a little while ago, but things are easy to miss in this forum.

The writing and directing submissions are more surprising than I expected.  Since nobody has mentioned it so far, I will start with how George Clooney withheld his name to boost the other Catch-22 directors, like how Bryan Cranston stepped aside as a supporting actor in the first season of Sneaky Pete.  The strange part here though is that it was publicized that Clooney already stepped aside as a supporting actor to focus on his directing, but now he is stepping aside again.  This is ultimately good news though because he and the show will not hog a slot in directing now, clearing the way for someone on the cusp like Mike Flanagan. With Clooney doing the finale and Grant Heslov doing the premiere, Catch-22 only has midseason episodes on the ballot.

After submitting only one episode for writing last year and winning, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is submitting two (and not the ones that it submitted in directing).  After submitting two episodes each last time and losing, Barry and Veep are each submitting one.  These are very much conscious strategic decisions.  It kills me that Veep did not submit Becky Martin again and even submitted (only) two episodes for the first time, including the worst episode of the season.  I am surprised that Barry did not submit Hiro Murai, but they also did not submit incumbent nominee Liz Sarnoff, so again, this was not random.

Mark Cendrowski did not submit both halves of The Big Bang Theory‘s finale.  Bob’s Burgers submitted eleven episodes for writing.  The Kids Are Alright submitted thirteen.  I think that Chuck Lorre should have just gone with the pilot instead of the second episode of The Kominsky Method as his submission.  “Chapter 2” does not look as clean as “Chapter 1”.  On the other hand, why did Shrill submit “Annie” instead of “Pool”?  The finale in writing, but premiere in directing is an interesting split for American Vandal.

I wonder if Broad City can finally get in for writing.  Its WGA series nomination without ever getting writing or series at the Emmys is a statistical anomaly, but it could be explained partly by how they were always vote-splitting.  They have only submitted their series finale here.  It is a situation largely reminiscent of The Good Wife.

GLOW and The Good Place really should have each submitted one instead of two episodes.  On the other hand, it is so clear from the titles and descriptions what the two submitted episodes of The Haunting of Hill House are and they were the right two episodes to submit if they were going to submit two; I find it hard to imagine any fan of the show not voting for both if they wanted to vote for the show, so maybe they get both.  Russian Doll might have cost itself a writing nomination by submitting (those) three episodes.

ReplyCopy URL
    rafaeltxeira
    Participant
    Topics:

Andrew Lincoln submitted guest for The Walking Dead! Any chance here you think?

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Who was reunited here actually? Cersei with a bunch of rocks?

I suppose Cersei & Jaime and the Hound & the Mountain. They’re honestly laughable.

ReplyCopy URL
    verissimoallan
    Participant
    Topics:

Freddie Highmore submitted in Actor and Directing by The Good Doctor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

We found out that My Brilliant Friend was competing for these Emmys a little while ago, but things are easy to miss in this forum.

Just in general I wish this show had been talked about more, it’s probably the best drama of the year. When it came out I was hoping a small but passionate fanbase would form on the site but I never see anyone mention it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Andrew Lincoln submitted guest for The Walking Dead! Any chance here you think?

They don’t give two shits, he’s not happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

@riley George Clooney’s directing submission is under Castle Rock, apparently it’s a mistake like how a non-existent episode of Black-ish was submitted a few years ago.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Ramy‘s submissions are all excellent! “Strawberries” should be a Writing nominee NOW!

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure many people rushed to the Guest categories.

Others made a bee line to the writing and directing.

I literally raced down that performers category to SHORT FORM!!!!

Rosamund Pike vs Broad City chick #1 vs Broad City chick #2 vs Emmy for Megan vs the secretary from Ghosbusters. See it live on Goldderby’s Day 1 Creative Arts livestream hosted by Riley Chow, Amanda Spears, and Matt Noble! I’ll be there. Will you?

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I probably sound like an idiot, but once I’m on the ballots page, how do I open a PDF? for me all of the categories are not linked and I don’t see anything else on the page

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Ramin Djawadi is literally the most important win of the night!!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.