Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ballots

2019 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 227 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
sofan
verissimoallan
  • Marco11
    Participant
    Topics:

Delighted to see My Brilliant Friend on these ballots. I saw it many months ago and yet it keeps growing on me. Such an intelligent show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Ramin Djawadi is literally the most important win of the night!!

He’s so easily gonna win, and I am here for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

More like: Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, Ozark, Succession, This Is Us.

This is Us was dropped last year, i doubt it’ll make a come back and if Ozark couldn’t get in last year this one is not gonna make it either.

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

So The Good Place should just nominate 1 episode and defer to the almighty Mrs. Maisel? Nope.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

They need to clear up that Catch-22 snafu stat.  Hopefully it is just on this PDF and not on the actual voting platform.

Those Better Call Saul writing submissions are a mess.  It is not just that there are so many because that is always the case, but there is no way to distinguish them from the plot summaries.  “Kim contemplates her future,” “Mike deals with a setback” and “Jimmy puts a risky plan into motion” could be any episode.  Even a more specific description like “Kim endeavors to support Jimmy in the wake of Chuck’s death” sounds like something that would be in the premiere, but it would not surprise me if that were the second episode (it is).  The only helpful hint is that “Winner” has the latest date, so you can assume that that is the finale.  Look at The Deuce.  They only submit one episode and they still denote it as “Season premiere.”  That gives it some heft.

“Nice and Neat” is a bizarre choice for Killing Eve.  Succession is in it to win it with that single writing submission.  I suspect that the submission of the sixth episode is the guest director going rogue, which hurts in-house director Mark Mylod’s chances because that sixth episode was a standout.  Either would have been a justified choice, but Pose really should have chosen between its pilot and “Love is the Message” for writing.  They can submit whatever in directing because only Ryan Murphy is competitive.

Those are some bizarre writing submissions for This is Us.  They went with neither the showrunners (credited on the premiere and finale, among others), nor the most acclaimed episodes of the season.  It is like they picked them out of a hat.

Not that you or the voters can tell from the ballots, but The Twilight Zone did submit the Jordan Peele episode for writing after all.  Too bad that they did not submit only that one. Was wondering if True Detective would submit the episode co-written by David Milch and they did not.

The Act submitting only its finale for writing is bold, but the premiere director submitting an episode from the middle is misguided.  It makes even less sense in light of how the premiere is the episode that they sent to voters on the Hulu USB and that is the episode that they screened at their FYC event, so I thought that they were making a concentrated push for that episode.

Escape at Dannemora submitting two episodes for writing shakes things up in that race.  Whoever did their paperwork is a moron though.  The date for the finale is “December 30, 2018 – December 30, 2018”, which is dumb, albeit not technically incorrect.  But their date for the previous episode is listed as “December 23, 2018 – December 30, 2018”.  That one episode obviously did not air over two weeks.

Jennifer Lynch is not on the ballot for American Horror Story, so what the hell did I interview her for?  She said in the interview that she was not entirely sure which of her episodes they submitted, but she was under the impression that they had submitted one, so I blame her people for dropping the ball on this one.  I am emailing them now.

Daniel Sackheim has gone back to submitting for Better Call Saul, even though he is the in-house director of Jack Ryan.  I kind of get it though because they got Oscar nominee Morten Tyldum for the pilot and showrunner Carlton Cuse also did an episode, so I can see Sackheim wanting to step aside.  But why go to Better Call Saul, which already has six hundred submissions?

The Ozark directing submissions are interesting.  The three guests who submitted themselves are not nobodies.  Phil Abraham, Alik Sakharov and Andrew Bernstein each should have a lot of friends in the television industry; in that order is my guess.

Look at these three directing submissions:

Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
    Chapter One: October Country

Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
    Chapter Ten: The Witching Hour

The Chilling Adventures Of Sabrina
    The Passion Of Sabrina Spellman

So we know which one was submitted by a guest director and not the show.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Press the PDF icon next to them? Otherwise u might have an antivirus program blocking them?

yeah theres no icon for me so thats gotta be worked out lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Riley Chow is clearly pouring over these PDF files like a machine and I am LIVING for it!!

GO RILEY!!

"Here's a wonderfully b*tchy post from Montana82...." - Tom O'Neill Emmy Prediction Slugfest August 1st, 2019

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, are you on ur phone? Either replace m with www on ur url or just press the desktop version on ur browser or maybe scroll down (sometimes such icons are all shown under the text because of the phone’s small screen). If ur on ur computer, I’m afraid I can’t help you. Maybe turn off adblock, or ur antivirus, or clear cookies, or open them on an incognito tab?

I switched from Chrome to Safari and now I’m in, who knows what sort of ad blocker I have going lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn, Supporting Actor in a Drama breaks the record of most submitted people in a category with the least likely contenders. That category was a bitch to skim through -hundreds of nocurr contenders- that I wonder at what point will the voters give up and skip to the next category. Good luck to the actors whose surname start with H-M and are at the middle of the ballot.

Same goes to the supporting actress drama to some extent. Really considering adding one of Aduba/Brooks & Bates/Conroy to my predictions now whom are helped by their ballot billing.

Ha, so after years of not paying attention to the Emmys , GoT cast goes the OITNB road in their most divisive season and the most random actors submit themselves . Pilou Asbek and Richard Dormer? It’s also weird to see how much faith the below the line people have for the Long Night. I would have went with the The Bell over it if I were them in editing and cinematography(who are helmed by the same people)

Dramas have really stepped up their games in terms of being savvy with their directing/writing submissions. BCS is the only one who goes overboard with it. Bodyguard, Homecoming, Killing Eve, Ozark, Succession,Pose, THT have all submitted 1-2 episodes. GoT has a real chance of being snubbed now!

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I think I’m going to take Matthew Mcfayden out of my predictions considering his placement in nearly the perfect middle of the ballot, especially considering Culkin’s advantage of being towards the beginning and Nicholas Braun possibly probably taking some votes away too for this reason and being a memorable character

ReplyCopy URL
    Manuelcolon
    Participant
    Topics:

Kinda confused, Sasha Velour is listed as an Actress and Valentina as an Actor, did they submit themselves in the category they wanted?

And also very disappointed not to see Steven Universe in Best Animated Program for Change Your Mind, or was that not elegible?

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Kinda confused, Sasha Velour is listed as an Actress and Valentina as an Actor, did they submit themselves in the category they wanted?

I think it is like an Asia Kate Dillon situation, they chose to be submitted in their categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Variety series directing is roughly even in terms of submissions between talk and sketch, which means that they each get two slots and the fifth is up for grabs, so it will inevitably go to a talk show.

We have further confirmation that the new short form rules were created as a direct response to Melvin Jackson, Jr.  I saw him at multiple Emmy events recently and he did indeed submit his show for consideration, but it is not on the ballot, which means that it disqualified when they vetted it for quality, which is a new part of the process.  I also met some of his peers who were inspired by him and had submitted their own web series.  They were discomforted by how they were not going to be told whether they would be on the ballot before it went live, yet they still had to campaign in the meantime.  Looks like some of their shows were also terrible, as I only see some some of them on the ballot.  The academy has taken a stand against easy Emmy nominations for small-time actors.  We need to watch out for ones who passed the quality check though because they have been doing the same things that Jackson did last year.  I will have to take inventory of the business cards that I got.

Better Call Saul submitted four episodes for editing, so it will finally be snubbed there instead of hogging two slots.  Good riddance!  Good on Killing Eve only submitting one, unlike The Handmaid’s Tale and Homecoming.  GLOW submitting only one in editing is intriguing because that branch occasionally only finds shows in their second seasons too.  Good on The Good Place only submitting one as well.  It is moot though because the nominees are guaranteed to be the two Barry submissions, the two The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel submissions and the sole Veep submission.

Chernobyl has two episodes in editing and When They See Us has three, so there is a good chance that those are all of the nominees, like when we got double Fargo and triple The People v. O.J. Simpson split.  I bet that we get Black Mirror in there though, seeing as it won last year and it obviously had its work cut out for it this year.  Plus Escape at Dannemora won ACE.  Those nominees will be interesting and Sharp Objects will not be one of them.  HBO has been missing its movies in editing for a while, but I wonder if Deadwood is an exception, since it is a series.

Why did The Daily Show and Dancing with the Stars each submit seven times in editing?  That is a stacked catch-all category and should be another place that Saturday Night Live (three submissions) gets pushed out.  My optimistic guess is Homecoming, the two Last Week Tonights, Patriot Act and Who is America?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.