Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ballots

2019 Emmy Awards Ballots

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
sofan
verissimoallan
  • boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve looked through twice and can’t find two thing
    1)Oliver whatever his name is for Hill House
    2)Animated Voice Over Performances.

Did I miss these?

Oliver Jackson-Cohen is submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Oliver Jackson-Cohen is submitted.

What catagory?

ReplyCopy URL
    BamaEd
    Participant
    Topics:

Some thoughts:

No Michael McKean for The Good Place is really weird, especially as they seem to be submitting pretty much every other guest actor who like… had more than two lines this season.

The Good Place probably wasn’t going to get into directing anyway, but the double episodes for writing is worrying.

“Andre and Sarah” being Forever’s main push makes my heart warm. Strange though that they’re submitting Hong Chau and not Jason Mitchell.

That bums me out about McKean. I love the cleverness of his role and episode.

I have no problem with shows entering more than 1 episode in writing/directing. It seems like every year at least 1 series has multiples. Yes, it’s usually the “buzziest” but that doesn’t mean it’s a bad idea.

I’m in the extreme minority on this site, however, when it comes to Forever’s Andre and Sarah episode. Yes, it was well acted, but not in the framework of the series as a whole. The little Maya part at the end to me wasn’t enough to justify such a detour from the storyline. I liked (not loved) Forever but loved Maya in it and I wouldn’t be upset with a nomination for her in this, but I feel like one for The Good Place is more likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

What catagory?

Supporting actor in a limited series

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Will the guest acting drama categories be opened today?

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Will the guest acting drama categories be opened today?

Yes. They already posted who submitted from GoT.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. They already posted who submitted from GoT.

I was referring to the predictions centre categories (which can now be opened with the release of the ballots). Why would I be asking about submissions when there’s an entire 14 page thread discussing their release which I’ve already commented on. I know you were trying to be helpful but read through the thread to be more informed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I was referring to the predictions centre categories (which can now be opened with the release of the ballots). Why would I be asking about submissions when there’s an entire 14 page thread discussing their release which I’ve already commented on. I know you were trying to be helpful but read through the thread to be more informed.

Not everyone has the time to do that. Just don’t respond if my response wasn’t helpful.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Not everyone has the time to do that. Just don’t respond if my response wasn’t helpful.

But you’re wasting your time submitting uninformed comments. The forum runs smoother when people take the time to read through discussion and ensure that they’re offering new information.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

But you’re wasting your time submitting uninformed comments. The forum runs smoother when people take the time to read through discussion and ensure that they’re offering new information.

Okay, okay. No problem. I’ll scroll through them from here on out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Re: Michael McKean failing to submit his performance from The Good Place…

Isn’t that on him, and not NBC or Universal or Fremulon (production company) to let the Academy know? Just wondering.

ReplyCopy URL
    Roney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones submissions: Art Direction: “The Bells” Casting Cinematography: “The Iron Throne” (Jonathan Freeman), “The Last of the Starks” (David Franco), “The Long Night (Fabian Wagner) Costumes: “The Bells” Directing: “The Iron Throne” (David Benioff & D.B. Weiss), “The Last of the Starks” (David Nutter), “The Long Night” (Miguel Sapochnik) Drama Series Main Title Design Makeup/Hairstyling: “The Long Night” Music: “The Long Night (Ramin Djawadi) Performer: Lead Actor (Kit Harington), Lead Actress (Emilia Clarke), Supporting Actor (Alfie Allen, Pilou Asbaek, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Richard Dormer), Supporting Actress (Gwendoline Christie, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Maisie Williams), Guest Actress (Carice van Houten) Picture Editing: “The Iron Throne” (Katie Welland), “The Long Night” (Tim Porter), “Winterfell” (Crispin Green) Sound Editing: “The Long Night” Sound Mixing: “The Long Night” Special Visual Effects: “The Bells” Stunt Coordination Writing: “The Iron Throne”

Ha, just realised that Game of Thrones: The Last Watch  doc is also submitted in Nonfiction Directing, Editing, Sound Editing-Mixing, Cinematography, Score, Music Supervision. No idea if it’ll be counted as an extension to the show-it shouldn’t- on the official Emmy nomination list come July but they’d easily break their own record if the doc also picks up a few nominations.

Getting into the top category of Documentary Special itself might not be easy tho since it’s voted on specifically by the Doc branch.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Roney Moore.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Roney Moore.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Both drama guest acting categories are now added to the predictions center.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

Both drama guest acting categories are now added to the predictions center.

You better be writing article about MRS. CLAIRE HUXTABLE going for her first career Emmy like you did Bob Newhart!

It is time for Dame Phylicia Rashad to be an Emmy winnah.

FYC Emmys- It's TIME JUST GIVE THESE WOMEN THEIR FIRST EMMYS- Lena Headey, Game of Thrones Sandra Oh, Killing Eve Anna Chulmsky, Veep Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag Phylicia Rashad, This is Us Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon Emily Watson, Chernobyl

ReplyCopy URL
    aQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve looked through twice and can’t find two thing 1)Oliver whatever his name is for Hill House 2)Animated Voice Over Performances. Did I miss these?

Any luck?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 226 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.