Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Details

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Details

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
Chris Beachum
Kellyemm
  • musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Olivia Colman’s team will talk with The Crown team to find a way to clear her schedule and attend the ceremony (although it might be already too late for that). I mean she can possibly win and she could celebrate with her Fleabag family.

Would be a shame not to see her and Andrew up on stage if it wins Series too. But I guess they would celebrate any wins back home – the cast seem close eg they gathered to support Andrew in his recent play.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I really hope she does. A missed opportunity

Awww, how sad for y’all who literally want her to win so she gives another cringe goofy speech. Wtf

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

So because they posted the nominees clips online are they not showing the clips at the ceremony?

Hilton Foster
    Participant
    Topics:

Awww, how sad for y’all who literally want her to win so she gives another cringe goofy speech. Wtf

WTF

Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

That was not the case last year though. There were more than a few changes.

There were changes last year because the producers idiotically decided to not shot the split screen before the winner is announced. But once again, things were coordinated, as a single cameraman was covering Moss and Foy for example. The move from Moss to Foy, as the winner in lead actress in a drama series was announced, is obvious.

Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

More like, another reason they shouldn’t be on Sunday night. NBC has no problem airing them on Mondays.

EDIT: Apparently, unless you can get the Los Angeles Fox station, if you live in the Pacific time zone, there will not be the usual repeat of the ceremony at 8:00 Pacific. As of Thursday morning, Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, and San Diego all have other shows listed in their TV listings; Las Vegas is TBA.
    My best guess is, there have been one too many instances of people tuning in at 8, catching the end of the live ceremony, and saying to themselves, “Why bother watching the rest?” (My second-best guess is, the stations depend too much on their 10 PM news being an hour earlier than everybody else’s 11 PM news – this is a big thing out west, where a lot of people have to get to work in time for the 6:30 AM opening of the stock market.)

Wait, I’ve never seen the Emmys on FOX. But this will affect the pre-show, not the actual show, right?

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Her speech was literally the most famous and celebrated part of the Oscars along with Queen’s and Gaga and Bradley’s performances, so yes, it is a missed opportunity.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

So because they posted the nominees clips online are they not showing the clips at the ceremony?

No they did the clips last year.

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Halsey is doing the In Memoriam tribute.

Adam DeVine is performing a “musical tribute to variety programming.”

Thomas Lennon will serve a new role as “Emmy Awards commentator.” Maybe “funny” color commentary bits on the winners as they walk up to the stage or something.

adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Adam DeVine is performing a “musical tribute to variety programming.”

I figure it’ll take a tumbler of Grey Goose and half a white Valium to get through that. Ugh. I’d rather have Jost and Che again.

Halsey is an interesting choice though.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2019/emmys-2019-final-list-presenters-james-corden-lin-manuel-miranda-halsey/

Really happy to see Hamm on that list and always have a soft spot for Hugh Laurie

Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmys: Comedian Thomas Lennon As Voice-Over Presenter, No Orchestra, Pop Songs As Walk-Up Music http://dlvr.it/RDYVdY

“Lennon will provide colorful commentary during each Emmy winner walk-up, described as ” a refreshing, lighthearted take on the traditional factoids that audiences typically learn as winners make their way to the podium mixed with jokes, commentary and unexpected anecdotes.”

“The network is ditching the traditional band or orchestra, which is very rare and has not been done at the Emmys in a long time.

“Instead of an orchestra performing winner walk-up music on Sunday, the Emmys will feature popular songs carefully curated to tie into a series, characters or nominees themselves, which will play as they they are walking toward the microphone.

“Additionally, Workaholics and Modern Family‘s Adam Devine will deliver a special variety-themed performance to introduce variety series.”

Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmys: Comedian Thomas Lennon As Voice-Over Presenter, No Orchestra, Pop Songs As Walk-Up Music http://dlvr.it/RDYVdY “Lennon will provide colorful commentary during each Emmy winner walk-up, described as ” a refreshing, lighthearted take on the traditional factoids that audiences typically learn as winners make their way to the podium mixed with jokes, commentary and unexpected anecdotes.” “The network is ditching the traditional band or orchestra, which is very rare and has not been done at the Emmys in a long time. “Instead of an orchestra performing winner walk-up music on Sunday, the Emmys will feature popular songs carefully curated to tie into a series, characters or nominees themselves, which will play as they they are walking toward the microphone. “Additionally, Workaholics and Modern Family‘s Adam Devine will deliver a special variety-themed performance to introduce variety series.”

I actually think done well this could be enormously fun. Billy Porter collecting his Emmy to some glorious song rather than a somber orchestra would be the best.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Details’ is closed to new replies.