Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 521 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +12 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Ivo Stoyanov
kellis
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

At least they did not go overboard with GOT. It got its typical wins. Now it can rest in piss.

O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Hi bitches. I just felt the need to come in here and CELEBRATE that Jodie Comer WON as a reminder that talent always wins in the end.
    talent

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

wow GOT winners were so bored to talk onstage

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Easy. Many actors never watched The Americans, it was carried by the writers, then actors and producers started to watch, but never became a phenomenon to them.

I obviously know why, it’s just annoying.

FYC: Carice van Houten, ‘Instinct’, Best Actress

estrelasdealgeruz
    Participant
    Topics:

They should have won Actress, Supporting Actress and Directing too.

NO!!!! JESUS!!! Jodie Comer was the rightful winner of that category!!! She was like…INFINITY TIMES better than Emilia. GET OVER IT!!!

Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

The way “Succession” will SWEEP next year. Don’t say I didn’t tell you…

EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Hi bitches. I just felt the need to come in here and CELEBRATE that Jodie Comer WON as a reminder that talent always wins in the end. talent

O, FUCKING HARA THE BITCH IS BACKKKKKK

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

18 out of 27. Not bad. Off to the globes.

Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

11:02 PM ET. Cheers to time management, Fox!

Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

That was the strangest Emmy opening I can remember since the 2008 show with all of the reality hosts.

In comedy, I was happy about the Maisel wins and was prepared for a sweep, but, after Fleabag won the directing award, I had a feeling PWB would win for lead actress. Even though I was rooting for Brosnahan, I am glad that JLD lost and that Cloris Leachman can hold the record for most Primetime Emmy acting wins longer.

In longform, I was very surprised at Arquette over Clarkson (there goes the perfect record!) and then, once Chernobyl won both directing and writing, I didn’t think Jerome had a chance, but he pulled off the win! And, while I didn’t predict this win either, I was so thrilled for the Williams win!

In variety, the winners were as expected, but I have to admit that I liked the Adam Devine number more than I thought I would! And thank goodness for Sarah Silverman’s reaction to the SNL win, 25 years after she was fired from the show!

In drama, I was happy for the Succession writing win to keep things interesting. I wasn’t really feeling the Mean Girls-like talk of breaking up parts of the Emmy to give away by the Ozark winners. And I also had a feeling that Comer would win over Oh, even if it was disappointing to see Oh lose again.

And, while I was glad that Whitford and Smits mentioned that The West Wing premiered on this date, I am sorry that Friends, along with many other shows (https://www.eonline.com/news/1072033/friends-and-the-magic-september-22-tv-premiere-date), didn’t get the same mention. Also, why no Crazy Ex-Girlfriend in the package of shows that said farewell this year? And Carol Channing, who didn’t really do any television of note in her career, was an odd choice to end the In Memoriam. But at least the show came in just about on time with no host!

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Well, I hated so much about this year’s ceremony. Some good stuff, but I am bitter about certain things – VERY bitter.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d rather have Emilia and the other cast members give the speech. I’m pressed at not being given another Carice-Lena hug moment like in 2015 because the former is separated from the rest of the actors ugh.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Lord Freddy Blackfyre
    Participant
    Topics:

Succession will win next year

The Oscar needs to get rid of the preferential ballot so it can name a deserving movie as Best Picture again.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

I wish they addressed the backlash… and were like screw your petition bitches.

Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Well Barry had a similar showing to Atlanta last year – winning one acting Emmy.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 521 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.