Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 502 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Ivo Stoyanov
kellis
  • kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

the fact that Lena has no wins for her role as Cersei is a huge joke. She was always great during the 8 seasons, , even with the bad material she was given . It’s very unfair she never won

At least her and Robin can keep each other company in that they’re both the ice queens of the decade to go out Emmy-less. Underrated icons.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m feeling like Sandra Oh may never win an Emmy. The narrative was seemingly there for her this year.

She needs a performance, not a narrative, this are the Emmys, not the Oscars.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson getting all the passion votes for her sublime performance as Nurse Ratched, yes I’m speaking that into existence.

Is Ratched Limited or Drama though?

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Is Ratched Limited or Drama though?

Drama, netflix ordered 2 seasons already.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Who cares.

I’m pretty sure Martin does because he might not have any room to sleep tonight with all of those Emmys lying around. LOL

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Nobody cares about Adora, they just voted for Clarkson until a deserving winner got eligible.

Exactly. They were playing the same type of character, but Arquette gave a masterclass in acting, while Clarkson gave us a parody.

petka_sveta
    Participant
    Topics:

Peter Dinklage officially the most awarded drama supporting actor in Emmy history!

It will take a lot of time for someone to take that spot from him.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Barry should’ve won for Comedy directing. That is all. Bill Hader better come back with a BANG for season 3.

methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want to say again how happy I am about that Bill Hader repeat he is brilliant in Barry.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure Martin does because he might not have any room to sleep tonight with all of those Emmys lying around. LOL

She was his date at all the awards galas for Three Billboards, maybe you did not knew her at that time.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

For the most part, it’s hard to think the Emmy’s are going to do better than this, which is how I felt last year as well. Some really great, inspired choices (Comer, Jerome, Arquette, Succession in writing) to drown out the only like one win I found especially weird/undeserving (Bateman directing). Most of the time preferred winners like ronny/lilly or Headey lost to really deserving nominees like 2.1 and Garner, so it’s hard to get angry. GOT won series because of course, but it did not dominate as it was unworthy. I do mourn Veep and Barry, but never will I be upset at Fleabag wins. The Emmys will never be 100% great, so I’ll take pretty good!

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Peter Dinklage officially the most awarded drama supporting actor in Emmy history!

It will take a lot of time for someone to take that spot from him.

I hope that this one would be someone that is actually deserving and with an incredible material like Aaron Paul.

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Its hard to complain about this year’s winners. Lots of good ones!

Loved the wins by Patricia Arquette, Jherrel Jerome, Billy Porter, Tony Shaloub, Alex Borestein, Jodie Comer, Ben Whishaw, Michelle Williams, Julia Garner, Jason Bateman for Directing!!!, Succession for Writing!!, and Phoebe Waller Bridge for Comedy Series, Writing and Lead Actress in a Comedy!!!!!!!!

I personally would have liked for When They See Us to have won Limited Series and Deadwood to take TV Movie, but it is what it is.

I like that the Emmys weren’t sentimental this year and refused to give anyone an Emmy just because they were expected to (i.e. Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Sandra Oh, Game of Thrones in writing/directing, etc).

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama, netflix ordered 2 seasons already.

Sis I might have to second guess my Colman prediction now after this..

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

My weird crush on him continues…

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.