Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Ivo Stoyanov
kellis
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s the problem with pundits. They care only about actors, they think only actors vote, they keep forgetting about tech people. But those tech people are majority. Actors are just a small portion of industry.

Sometimes they’re just stupid too. I mean only thinking about actors doesn’t excuse so many of them predicting Veep.

#FreeTheBannedFour

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I REALLY don’t want Amazon to force PWB to do a third season of Fleabag. The way the show ended was literally perfect.

AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s still disgusting that Sandra Oh lost to Katherine Heigl and I’ll never forgive the Emmys for it. It’s just one more reason why I am glad we don’t have the atrocious tape system anymore.

Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Sandra Oh losing to a white costar for the second time must hurt deep down inside.

She’ll be fine. She’s an adult and woc know how to deal with these things. She’ll be fine

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Sometimes they’re just stupid too. I mean only thinking about actors doesn’t excuse so many of them predicting Veep.

The support for Veep was so shallow though, I’m still surprised that that many people clung onto it solely because they thought it would repeat. The buzz for Fleabag was too deafening to ignore

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

This was a great night!

Veep won nothing for that horrible season.

Barry and GOT won the bare minimum.

Ava DuVernay got nothing!

WTSU won the only award it deserved.

Mrs. Maisel didn’t end up like THT

Fleabag swept very deservingly (wish Clifford would’ve won too)

Chernobyl won the most important awards.

Billy Porter’s win and speech was amazing, hopefully, next year some of his sisters from the cast can join him among the nominees. I’m not gonna lie, it hurt me a little bit to see a cis-male be awarded for a show that puts the trans women at its core.

White Michelle won and gave such an amazing speech. The pay-gap between her and that douche for that movie no one remembers really helped her narrative. I’m just glad the best performance of this last year actually won.

Succession winning Writing was great but should’ve won Directing too. Bateman’s first ever win being for directing is really, really weird.

They should move the Variety categories to Creative Arts nights.

TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Some thoughts on the Emmys tonight:

Phoebe and Comer were the biggest suprises of the night in the acting categories. Poor Oh with her record breaking 11 Emmy nominations without a win. And Olivia Colman should watch out for Comer next award season. She truly did break out in the second season of Killing Eve, and awards season is sheep for breakout artists.

I always think that Arquette will again sweep the awards season on TV side next year, winning tonight or not. Her win tonight just proved even more so. Get ready for more boring political speeches of her.

Goddamn Olivia Colman! You made me sad on the Oscar night, now you screwed up my predictions. I made a last minute switch to you, I had faith in you because you just came out hot after the last awards season!

I wish I had switched my comedy categories to Fleabag! My guts told me Fleabag with a huge amount of nominations, would also sweep tonight but I didn’t follow it, dang!!!

The drama categories was also over the place, and I wasn’t preparing for it!

Overall, it was rather less predictable than I expected. Aside from those aforementioned unpredictability, some predictability I love (Porter, Jerome, Williams, Garner, Wishaw) while some I hate (GoT winning Drama, Chernobyl nearly sweeping, Dinklage).

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

I forgot she out of all the people in the world has an Emmy.

Unpopular maybe but she was great on grey’s anatomy. Not over Sandra sure, but still.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait….will Globes and SAG award Comer over Coleman???

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

59 Emmys in total for GoT, with the upcoming International Emmys Founders Award D&D are due to receive in two months makes it 60. Very nice rounded number.

FYC Oscars 2020
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay
    The Irishman - Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Unpopular maybe but she was great on grey’s anatomy. Not over Sandra sure, but still.

All three Grey’s Anatomy actresses in that category deserved for that season though so I’m not mad. Imo Oh was robbed in 2006/2009, but Heigl really did deserve for her Denny storyline the year before and was snubbed

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Dennis El Mar.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Dennis El Mar.

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

The buzz for Fleabag was too deafening to ignore

Ugh unfortunately for Julia.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Waw, I am 36 in the prediction center, what a great result, so proud!

My issue was with with the Comedy’s race since I do not watch them and I am much better when I have watched things, I must start to watch more of them.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping Atlanta wins big at the Emmys next year.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.