Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 311 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
EsOS
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the Emmy talk in Part 4.

kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t wait to see how bad my prediction score ends up being.

It was worse than I imagined lol.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

So is Thatcher gonna leave Goldderby now?

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

It kinda shocks me the WTSU won for casting but lost for series and directing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Best Wins:

• Chernobyl in Series, Writing and Directing
    • Succession in Writing
    • Patricia Arquette

Worst Wins:

• Ozark in Directing
    • Fleabag in Directing
    • PWB over JLD in Lead Actress

Disappointing Losses:

• Sandra Oh
    • Lena Headey
    • Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Bitter and disappointed, I take my leave now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Things I told you that came true:
    Chernobyl winning Series, Directing and Writing without acting awards, all of which would be spread among 4 different shows. Arquette winning consolation prize in supporting, she also deserved it anyway.
    Alex Borstein repeating despite losing voice-over – Allison Janney analogy; Colman losing because winning an Oscar does NOT win you an Emmy (ask McConnaughey, Ali etc), she had an equally outstanding co-star that stole votes from her.
    Writing being between Succession and GoT.
    That’s it; I did also say Williams would pull a Cynthia Nixon but that was unrealistic af anyway lol.

Anyway, I don’t really mind Bateman’s win in directing. GoT obviously vote-splitted, though wtf happened in Casting?! How did GoT win there? Lazy name-check? They literally just had 1 new guest star this season. I like Ozark and Bateman has directed the majority or half of the episodes, it’s his passion project, he brings out the A-game from the actors. It’s not really a bad win, and I’m happy for him. Also positive part? He has his Emmy and they don’t owe him anything, no forced wins or nominations because he’s Bateman and overdue. I’m sure he’s really happy he won directing too and couldn’t care less about acting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I can’t believe Game of Thrones is done at the Emmys; it’s making me feel very emotional. The standing ovation the cast got when they all presented together really made me happy. I will miss those gals so much!

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Worst Wins:

• Ozark in Directing
    • Fleabag in Directing

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Rachel.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Rachel.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sorry but I just can’t get over that Drama Directing win. It’s been bugging me all morning lol
    I’m at a loss for words with this one

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Chernobyl was only one win away from tying Angels in America record for most wins in limited series categories (11 wins). It just shows what a juggernaut it was. And to think all the experts underestimated it…

Isn’t John Adams the record holder? It has even more than GoT’s record on Drama Series if I recall correctly

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Hated the directing winners but at least Chernobyl won, so I’m not completely repulsed by this branch this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

It was my first time predicting and I should have listened to those that advised against last minute changes! Three that then turned out to be losses.

Best moments for me were Comer’s win and reaction, the look JLD had on her face when she realised Fleabag was sweeping, Martin McDonagh being in awe every time PWB’s name was called, and the very clear female true friendships between Comer/Oh and PWB/Sian.

Mostly everybody seemed very happy for everybody else, which was awesome to watch!

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

How about replying in words and not insulting pics? I’ve never done that to anyone. Afford me the same basic courtesy, please.

How about you finally start to appreciate the success of The Good Place?! It’s not the Emmys’ cup of tea yet the fact that it’s managed to gain attention through the years and this year at the Emmys receive nominations for Series AND Writing is simply outstanding for such show! Along with repeats for Danson and Rudolph. And to even consider the show is no longer that good. Be thankful and stop spamming us.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

If I think about:

Drama Actress: Davis (2015) – Maslany (2016) – Moss (2017) – Foy (2018) – Comer (2018)

Drama Actor: Malek (2016) – Brown (2017) – Rhys (2018) – Porter (2019)

Supp Actress: Dowd (2017) – Newton (2018) – Garner (2019)

Writing: Handmaid’s (2017) – The Americans (2018) – Succession (2019)

I mean, half of those wouldn’t be my personal winners, but you can’t deny that voters sometimes have taste. The writers’ branch continues to slay with its choices. Good on them for not choosing the terrible GOT finale or the lackluster Killing Eve episode!

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    SkyLight
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Actor winner from a first season or final season trend continues since 2011.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.