Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 311 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel
Guest 2018
Marcus Snowde..
  • Profile picture
    espnfan
    Topics:

I have to agree with the many members here who have stated their displeasure with this year’s telecast. This was honestly one of the worst produced awards shows I have ever seen. Although Fox generally does a piss poor job broadcasting the Emmy’s, (see 2007 with Ryan Seacrest and the round auditorium), this year’s telecast was a whole new level of awful. I consider winning an Emmy to still be a major honor, but last night’s broadcast stripped the award of all significance, class, and gravitas.

Where the Oscar’s flourished without a host, the Emmy’s fell flat on their face. This show felt directionless, randomly going from one bit to the next category and so on. The opening was chaotic, disjointed, and completely unfunny (when are industry insiders going to acknowledge how annoying Anthony Anderson is and stop pushing him in everything?). Bryan Cranston did the best he could in a thankless role.

The randomness of sometimes showing clips and other times not, the random intro and winners music, and not showing the nominees while announcing winners was awful. And the completely asinine commentary by Thomas Lennon (who is actually pretty talented and funny) was downright painful. Another unnecessary song/dance number at the Emmys was awful as well. Although I like the idea of not having a host, maybe the show would have been better organized and flowed better with one.

The whole bit with Ken Jeong was painful. When will award show producers realize the endless banter and bits between celebrity presenters is almost always not funny and usually annoying? I will always appreciate Frances McDormand saying nothing when she presented at the Oscars earlier this year.

Although I appreciated the “in memoriam” tribute to shows which ended this year, it kind of felt a little bit like filler to me. I guess in fairness you had to acknowledge those shows after going so far out of the way to honor GoT and Veep.

I really enjoyed most of the winners this year. It is a shame the telecast was so horrendous. As someone who truly loves TV and the Emmy awards, I worry about the future of the Emmy telecast. I fear it is heading the way of the MTV VMA awards, falling into total irrelevance. With Pay, streaming, and cable networks dominating the wins, and all-time low ratings, I can see a day where the broadcast networks give up on airing the Emmy awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Final ratings in: 6.9m viewers (1.6 rating in 18-49 demo; 33% dropoff in viewers vs last year, now the least-seen Emmys ever).

Send ’em off to a cable or streaming network

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m not sure about Jerome. SAG will definitely go with Harris and the Globes might too.

SAG will 100% go with Jerome, there is no doubt in my mind. And the Globes probably will as well. I remember when everyone thought Criss wasn’t going to sweep last year. Well we saw what happened. And thankfully I never bought into that!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

In another news, Chernobyl has won its first guild award at Location Managers Guild, beating Game of Thrones, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and Westworld.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

My heart officially just exploded. This is just the sweetest picture ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

SAG will 100% go with Jerome, there is no doubt in my mind. And the Globes probably will as well. I remember when everyone thought Criss wasn’t going to sweep last year. Well we saw what happened. And thankfully I never bought into that!

The response in the room on Jerome’s win certainly indicates this. He is definitely the current frontrunner for SAG and possibly Globes as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

As he deserves.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Has anyone seen this? I’m dying…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

As he deserves.

Yes, absolutely. And that’s how they’ll reward WTSU.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kellis
    Topics:

Harris lost the Globe and SAG when Jerome received as big of a standing ovation as he did (way bigger than Criss). He clearly won in a landslide so SAG is on lock and Jerome gave the showy performance that the Globes honor. He’s sweeping and this is going to be Criss all over again with people underestimating him.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Michelle Williams and Phoebe Waller-Bridge may also pull of a Sarah Paulson and sweep completely.

ReplyCopy URL

Speaking of PWB, good on her for refusing to do a third season of Fleabag. She knows that one of the reasons it will go down as a legendary series is because of the amazing way it ended.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.