Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 311 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Rachel_Ann
EsOS
Guest 2018
  • Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Season 3 had 98%

It was 100% until August 21 when some nobody from Escapist Magazine pooped on it. 46 of 47 TV critics thought differently. Kinda like there’s always a spoilsport sportswriter who doesn’t pick a baseball player for the Hall of Fame just to keep him from getting 100% of the votes.

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Numbers are numbers and you’ve mentioned them.

Sorry to break it to you, but The Good Place isn’t winning anything, except for maybe Lead Actor for Danson as farewell.

And maaaaaaaybe Maya, but it’s a long shot maybe.

ReplyCopy URL
    Seven
    Participant
    Topics:

Gwendoline getting such a loud cheer was actually the best moment, even if she didn’t win. I’m so glad she got to feel the love from the audience and her reaction was adorable. Hollywood will never have the guts to cast her in leading roles but they need to keep giving her great supporting roles (on the caliber of Brienne, no less)

ReplyCopy URL
    Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Gwendoline getting such a loud cheer was actually the best moment, even if she didn’t win. I’m so glad she got to feel the love from the audience and her reaction was adorable. Hollywood will never have the guts to cast her in leading roles but they need to keep giving her great supporting roles (on the caliber of Brienne, no less)

Indeed. It’ll be a shame, though, if they don’t. I feel like she could pull off (the right) leading role easily.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Numbers are numbers and you’ve mentioned them. And maaaaaaaybe Maya, but it’s a long shot maybe.

I don’t think she’s getting nominated for The Good Place as long as she continues appearing on SNL. With just one appearance,  she’s gotten quite a bit of attention and praise. Also, I’ve always thought her Good Place nominations are based more on her name, rather than her performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

It was just one cameo for now. If she keeps coming back – yes, a nom for SNL is a strong possibility.

The best that she could do is to host this season at some point to maintain the buzz, just like Matt Damon.

ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

It was just one cameo for now. If she keeps coming back – yes, a nom for SNL is a strong possibility. The best that she could do is to host this season at some point to maintain the buzz, just like Matt Damon.

I’m absolutely certain she’s gonna come back a few times, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they have her host.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, how did McKay lose to Bateman?

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

It was 100% until August 21 when some nobody from Escapist Magazine pooped on it. 46 of 47 TV critics thought differently. Kinda like there’s always a spoilsport sportswriter who doesn’t pick a baseball player for the Hall of Fame just to keep him from getting 100% of the votes.

You know what’s still at 100 % tho?

I’m guessing your done with this whole “ThE GOod PLaCe WAs THe MoST CritiCalLy ACclAiMEd SHow of ThE yeAr” nonsense?

Banned for making a fake movie poster

ReplyCopy URL
    MandyRosefan
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think she’s getting nominated for The Good Place as long as she continues appearing on SNL. With just one appearance, she’s gotten quite a bit of attention and praise. Also, I’ve always thought her Good Place nominations are based more on her name, rather than her performance.

It’s very possible she doesn’t submit for SNL and win’s Guest for The Good Place. If the category doesn’t have an obvious favorite it could be a 2 bird with 1 stone scenario(prevent TGP from getting shut out,give a Veteran Comedic Actress her 1st emmy) propelling her to victory.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Fleabag gone, Veep gone, Modern Family gone 2 years ago, Blackish just about gone, there’s gonna be openings for TGP’s final season. What, The Politician? Good luck with that. What else will usurp broadcast TV’s best comedy?

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

You know what’s still at 100 % tho?

And this

And these…

3 of these shows were completely snubbed at the Emmys and the other wasn’t even nominated for anything above the line. Guest, TGP might not be dominating like you want it to but be grateful that it’s not being treated like these better shows.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait, how did McKay lose to Bateman?

ReplyCopy URL
    Rachel_Ann
    Participant
    Topics:

Fleabag AND Barry were the most critically acclaimed shows of the year. Fleabag just did better at campaigning and has a bigger bandwagon following. I guess I’m the only one that still thinks it’s overrated. PWB is extremely talented though.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.