Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 317 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
EsOS
  • Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

The show will be known as the Phoebe Waller-Bridge Emmys, and I’m fine with that. Being the one to take out Queen Julia was epic and savage. Unsentimental as fork Emmys for ya. (Or as I like to call them, the BAFTA EMMYS.)

You say all this as if it were a GOOD thing. It wasn’t. 132 minutes, dude. Way too short for a series to tell its story.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Emmy Ratings Crater To All-Time Low; tentative 5.7 rating, 10 share in metered markets. Down 17% from last year, 30% from 2 years ago, the last time the Emmys were on a Sunday.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/emmys-ratings-fall-game-of-thrones-sunday-night-football-los-angeles-rams-1202742225/

ReplyCopy URL
    JakeT
    Participant
    Topics:

Where does Jodie Comer rank in terms of age for winners of Lead Actress – Drama? 26 seems fairly young for this category?

ReplyCopy URL
    Potatohead
    Participant
    Topics:

I really do not like Ozark, but its increasingly strong performance at the Emmys suggests it’s going to be the Breaking Bad that Better Call Saul never was.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kubrick
    Participant
    Topics:

Move every category outside of Drama, Comedy and Limited to Creative Arts Emmys. Shave the telecast down to 2 hours. Traditional awards show format does not work anymore, and needs to be put out to pasture. No one is spending 3+ hours of their time watching an awards show anymore. Too long, too boring, and frankly no one cares that is not nominated or closely following the races.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Where does Jodie Comer rank in terms of age for winners of Lead Actress – Drama? 26 seems fairly young for this category?

She is the youngest winner this century but I don’t know overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    LifeIsAmazing
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s the youngest to win in this category, previous record is Gillian Anderson at the age of 28 (1997)

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

You say all this as if it were a GOOD thing. It wasn’t. 132 minutes, dude. Way too short for a series to tell its story.

It was the length of story that the creatives wanted, which is perfectly fine. Deal. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is Emmys new Tina Fey. Kristen Bell will never be that in her natural life.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

There’s no need to find excuses to diminish their accomplishments.

Right, the quality of the program itself already diminishes their accomplishments 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty happy, by and large. A Fleabag stan day is ok with me. Hader is great. I love Borstein and Shalhoub the most out of the cast. I wanted Jodie to win Best Actress. To me she was the very best of all. Williams and Whishaw were wonderful wins. Root for Porter. Rapt for Succession.

I’m a little sad that Chernobyl took out so much over WTSU because I love Ava but Jerome made me happy. Arquette surprised me a bit.  Am on the fence re Bateman.

I cannot reasonably dent Garner her Emmy . She has a bigger role than any of them, and I loved her submission – I put it only after Gwendoline’s being a GoT tragic and I was super heartened by the huge roar in the middle of the standing ovation Gwendoline got. She really did just get her Emmy for submitting and showing up. I will forever be sad that none of the GoT ladies ever won an Emmy.  Lena Headey. My goodness. Such talent

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

Right, the quality of the program itself already diminishes their accomplishments 🙂

what did you think of the winners?

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicki Leekx
    Participant
    Topics:

So pleased that Comer won the Emmy over her co-star Oh…the latter is fine but objectively speaking Comer has so much more to do. I still can’t fathom how Oh was nominated for the Emmy, SAG and Globe last year (winning the latter two) and Comer was ignored completely until BAFTA…this Emmy victory certainly feels like justice.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

Happy for many of the winners, but frankly, I’ve seen infomercials more entertaining than the garbage I sat through last night. Lowest quality in production.

Some categories were like “these are the nominees (10 secs max throwing everyone together), this is the presenter and here’s your Emmy. Get your fries on the counter”

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Happy overall i dont think anyone didn’t deserve their wins ( im not caught up on Ozarks or Killing eve ) and i havent seen English Scandal , Vosse/verdon or The Act.

I do think Writing and Directing for Variety and for limited also tv movie could go to creative arts

I think they should have host , And guest acting at the big show .

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Happy for many of the winners, but frankly, I’ve seen infomercials more entertaining than the garbage I sat through last night. Lowest quality in production.

Some categories were like “these are the nominees (10 secs max throwing everyone together), this is the presenter and here’s your Emmy. Get your fries on the counter”

It’s not ceremony night without nominee clips getting missed so we can have stupid skits and gag lead-ins instead of the barest attempt at gravitas.

Some argue that this is why we need a host but I disagree, I’m fine without a host, I just need the organizers to realize that you don’t have to overdo the cringe to make up for a lack of a host. At least it ended on time.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.