Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 311 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
EsOS
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t want a host, I don’t want all those stupid skits they do that are totally never funny. I just want category after category to be presented and to be a 2h at most show. They don’t get that. No one’s gonna sit through 3h to watch that trainwreck.
    I felt disgusted throughout. Fox rly ruined it. The songs over the winners announced LMAO, it was so cringe. It totally felt like People’s Choice Awards, and not a prestigious ceremony like Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Did Michael K Williams and Asante Blackk vote split?

Williams had a strong chance but Whishaw was dominating the circuit. A Very English Scandal might have missed a series nomination but clearly nobody forgot about him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

GoldDerby, I’m devastated.

Your troops tried the best they could, Prime Minister. At least Lena lost to someone deserving. May you rest in Peace.

ReplyCopy URL
    FairWeatherAffair
    Participant
    Topics:

what did you think of the winners?

A halfway decent group! Enough of my first and second choices won that I can be pleased, even if I loathe Game of Thrones and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ever winning anything. As well, I cannot stand the work of DuVernay, so it ruffles me that Jerome won when there were at least two better performances in the category, but I can accept his win easily. Still angry that Better Call Saul has yet to win an Emmy for anything anywhere.

Favorite wins: Fleabag in series and directing/writing, Williams for Fosse/Verdon, Comer (even if she was my second choice).

Least favorite wins: Game of Thrones and Dinklage, Arquette, Shalhoub and Borstein, Chernobyl in writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

They gave drama to GoT but it was mainoy due to the lack of an obvious alternative. The show had a very weak night with two wins only, just like last year. It has not won directing or writing in years. And none of the other acting nods turned into a in. It wasn’t the huge love fest some had expected.

Yep, like I predicted 4 months ago, but you are all too busy repeating “it has a lot of nominations and is very popular” 😀

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone got a link to watch the full show

Globes FYC- Fleabag, Phoebe Waller Bridge, Jodie Comer, Dame Emma Thompson, The Crown

SAG FYC- The Crown, Olivia Colman, Fleabag, PWB

Critics Choice- Schitts Creek, Fleabag, Killing Eve, Bodyguard

BAFTA- Fleabag, Killing Eve

Oscars FYC ‘Little Women’ ‘Downton Abbey’ ‘Maggie Smith’

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

I love y’all but I admit I spent basically no time here during the ceremony itself. It’s a lot more fun to watch with friends who like the same things you do so you can shamelessly circlejerk your way to uninterrupted victory when your favorites win instead of watching someone shit on something you liked or praise something you hated. I did go back and like your shady comments though because I’m messy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyone got a link to watch the full show

check DMs

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe this fiasco will trigger reforms in the Academy.

Or maybe you will finally understand that your personal opinion does not determine if something is fiasco. Fleabags wins have been widely celebrated on the Internet.

If I think about:

Drama Actress: Davis (2015) – Maslany (2016) – Moss (2017) – Foy (2018) – Comer (2018)

Drama Actor: Malek (2016) – Brown (2017) – Rhys (2018) – Porter (2019)

Supp Actress: Dowd (2017) – Newton (2018) – Garner (2019)

Writing: Handmaid’s (2017) – The Americans (2018) – Succession (2019)

I mean, half of those wouldn’t be my personal winners, but you can’t deny that voters sometimes have taste. The writers’ branch continues to slay with its choices. Good on them for not choosing the terrible GOT finale or the lackluster Killing Eve episode!

Agree with everything, but why on Earth would you discount Jon Hamm win from 2015 if you count the Viola Davis’s one?

Jon Hamm in Mad Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viola Davis in HTGAWAM

ReplyCopy URL
    Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe I am a traditionalist but I like clips and seeing the face of the nominees in bated breath.

Honestly, get Variety and stuff outta the main ceremony and just go with comedy/drama

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe I am a traditionalist but I like clips and seeing the face of the nominees in bated breath.

Honestly, get Variety and stuff outta the main ceremony and just go with comedy/drama

I’d rather see the Guest categories in the main ceremony than the Variety categories but at least they were so predictable they kept me from bombing entirely in the rankings.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

I still can’t fathom Jodie won. It’s my favorite win of the night. So unexpected and so, so, so deserving

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so proud of you for sticking with Arquette. I was weak and thought Clarkson would have too much of industry support to be defeated + Arquette might have splitted votes between the 2 categories, but as I had initially stated she was winning supporting for her incredible year.
    Nevertheless I’m so happy and proud of the Emmys. These winners are literally divine.

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

TV Ratings: Emmy Awards Hit New Viewership Low, Drop 11% From 2017

I’m conflicted. The show was awful but the winners great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

They lost directing and writing last year too, so what?

Season 7 was very hated as well like I explained multiple times, so this only confirms my theories, you can hide behind non-existent vote splitting all you want, the facts speak for themselves. Directors, writers and actors didn’t liked the last two seasons, at least, not very much, with the exception of Dinklage of course.

To be fair to McConaughey, he and the show were submitted in the wrong categories.

He would have lost to Benedict Cumberbatch either way. He also lost the Globe to Billy Bob Thornton and the Sag to Kevin Spacey, so yes, like I always say, Emmys couldn’t care less about Oscar winners.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.