Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 311 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
EsOS
  • Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

TV Ratings: Emmy Awards Hit New Viewership Low, Drop 11% From 2017

The irony of the person in the gif also being present at the ceremony lmaoo

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Agree with everything, but why on Earth would you discount Jon Hamm win from 2015 if you count the Viola Davis’s one? Jon Hamm in Mad Men >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viola Davis in HTGAWAM

Tbh, I just forgot about Hamm, that’s it. I haven’t even seen Mad Men, so I couldn’t judge anyway. Plus, Davis absolutely deserved that win. And she should have followed it up with another one. And before you bring up the “theatrical performance” argument – that’s literally what the show demands from her sometimes. If you watched it regularly (instead of clips on YouTube), you’d understand.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Julia Garner the youngest Drama Supporting Actress winner ever or is that Kristy McNichol? I know that Garner is most definitely the youngest to win the award in this century.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Did Michael K Williams and Asante Blackk vote split?

No, Ben Whishaw was ten times better than both of them, same with Paul Dano.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Fleabag has opened the door for more edgy things to win, considering that Modern Family has won five times recently.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Fleabag has opened the door for more edgy things to win, considering that Modern Family has won five times recently.

I wonder if this could mean good things for Barry in the future.

ReplyCopy URL
    mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Away from the actual winners, I thought the show was abysmal. Literally everything fell flat other than one or two speeches (Jerome and Williams mainly) and some of the presenting pairs (I thought the Stiller and Newhart segment actually landed). The music was dreadful, the set pieces for Game of Thrones and Veep were unimaginative, the use of clips was uneven, and the less said about the opening/Ken Jeong/the variety segment, the better.

You can really tell why the viewership is decreasing. This show would not have appealed to anyone who wasn’t invested in the award races.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

I wonder if this could mean good things for Barry in the future.

No Barry would have happened this year if it was ever going to happen. They need to submit it as a drama if they ever want to win.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s ignore the winners for a while and discuss the show. There’s not so much to discuss, as NBC’s design from last year was kept nearly intact. And maybe you disagree, but I find it awful. It all looked as if they arranged it all in a single afternoon. They didn’t even show the split screen when winners were announced. This takes away the suspense in so many categories. I wanted to see actors’ faces, I wanted to see JLD’s reaction to losing. It might have been hilarious. Is it that hard to make it work? They could have made it work on that huge screen on stage (which, ironically, is the only sets they had).

Sorry, Emmys, but your whole show looks like a cheap PowerPoint presentation.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Julia Garner the youngest Drama Supporting Actress winner ever or is that Kristy McNichol? I know that Garner is most definitely the youngest to win the award in this century.

McNichol won in her teens, so that’s probably the record in this category and will hold for years to come.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

The Emmy’s need a host. The Oscars got away without one by just having presenters do occasional bits throughout, but that doesn’t work here. The ceremony is too dense and needs to move along, there is only time for a host to make recurring gags rather than allotting time for a new bit introduction by randos every 30 minutes.

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s ignore the winners for a while and discuss the show. There’s not so much to discuss, as NBC’s design from last year was kept nearly intact. And maybe you disagree, but I find it awful. It all looked as if they arranged it all in a single afternoon. They didn’t even show the split screen when winners were announced. This takes away the suspense in so many categories. I wanted to see actors’ faces, I wanted to see JLD’s reaction to losing. It might have been hilarious. Is it that hard to make it work? They could have made it work on that huge screen on stage (which, ironically, is the only sets they had). Sorry, Emmys, but your whole show looks like a cheap PowerPoint presentation.

So embarrassing. The Globes do the same thing and I hate it too. When you see them light up when their name is read, for just a brief second in this cynical industry there’s a real moment of magic, after a real moment of suspense. It legitimately feels like a ceremony by people who don’t watch or like ceremonies, or who would leave one of the nominees playing in the background while they left to vacuum or do taxes.

I think the only part of it all I like (besides the winners) is Angela Bassett saying Courtney B. Vance was her favorite nominee/winner but that’s because I’m a human constructed of corn and cheese.

ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

The nominees presentations were so inconsistent. Sometimes they had clips, sometimes not. Sometimes it was before the presenters walked on stage, sometimes after.

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    coldbreeze
    Participant
    Topics:

ouch that ceremony was awful. But enjoyed some winners. Can’t wait for the Golden Globes

ReplyCopy URL
    Megan
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be real. I told you no GOT actress was winning. Bye Thatcher.

I serve the tea (politely)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.