Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 311 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
EsOS
  • Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of GoldDerby
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, this life isn’t worth living anymore. I, Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby, quit this political charge that God gave me.

I actually became an atheist, because if God really existed, Queen Lena Headey would have won. This was A TRAGEDY. It hurt me more than my 300 sons’ deaths. I’ve been alive for hundred of years and I hadn’t seen anything like this.

(Get blessed by this Thatcher’s portrait)

I thought Emmy voters were REALLY STUPID for not voting for Headey’s masterclasses of acting in all seasons, but they make Paris Hilton look like Einstein in comparison to them.

I can’t accept the fact that Lena Headey, the best supporting actress on TV this decade, went Emmyless. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE. It is the definition of a travesty and a robbery. And for this reason, I’m leaving these forums. I will not be predicting stupid award shows whose voters are less clever than a cow.

While Katherine Heigl has an Emmy for Grey’s Anatomy, this masterpiece of a woman is Emmyless:

I can’t stand being a part of this sick modern world. Shame on those Emmy voters who preferred Jumping Girl or Giant Christie over her and caused the vote splitting (Redheaded Turner was always a nonfactor). She just blew everyone else out of the water with her performance year after year. She was LEGENDARY in her role.

Shame on you, mother*cking Emmys!!! You’re DISGUSTING, ATROCIOUS, CRINGE-WORTHY, BORING and IRRELEVANT. You got what you deserved with those all-time low ratings (I have to laugh).

As I’m no longer your Prime Minister, I’d like to name my successors. I really think EsOS should be my heir to the charge, as he/she has shown the potential a Prime Minister of GoldDerby needs. And my darling Luca Giliberti will be crowned as King of GoldDerby. Kellis will be named Minister of Defense, Pulp will be the Minister of Facts, Stegeo will be Minister of Justice, Methaddiction will serve as Minister of Propaganda and Paulsonalypse will be Minister of Exposing. The rest of the ministers will be chosen by EsOS, the new Prime Minister. I really see you can take care of this Thatcherian regime very well.

Darlings, it’s been a great time with all of you. I will miss every user. You have been very special to me. And yes, I’ll miss even the opposition of rebels against my regime. Thanks for accepting me in these forums. You’re really lovely and I’ll be grateful. Forever.

And never forget it: LONG MAY SHE REIGN.

See you in Heaven.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby.

I was your Prime Minister once.

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

The nominees presentations were so inconsistent. Sometimes they had clips, sometimes not. Sometimes it was before the presenters walked on stage, sometimes after.

At least most of the nominees got some kind of “clip” even if it wasn’t anything special, but relegating the Lead Actor in a Comedy behind that cringeworthy “ooh I can’t read the names!” gag was dreadful. But they at least laughed, I’m glad one of us liked it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m so proud of you for sticking with Arquette. I was weak and thought Clarkson would have too much of industry support to be defeated + Arquette might have splitted votes between the 2 categories, but as I had initially stated she was winning supporting for her incredible year.
    Nevertheless I’m so happy and proud of the Emmys. These winners are literally divine.

Thank you! It was easy for me, I just couldn’t imagine them rewarding Clarkson for a similar role to the one of Arquette, but 10 times inferior in quality. Also, I was sure that voters would have wanted to reward Arquette for TRANSFORM HERSELF TWO TIMES perfectly, so when many of them felt in love with Michelle Williams, they were even more determine to reward Arquette at least here, so every vote for Williams became a vote for Arquette in supporting as it should have happened in the Gold Derby awards, this year the Emmys awarded 5 times better than GD.

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Julia Garner the youngest Drama Supporting Actress winner ever or is that Kristy McNichol? I know that Garner is most definitely the youngest to win the award in this century.

Kristy McNichol won her first Emmy on her 15th birthday in 1977, so she’s by far the youngest. It’s hard to imagine that record going down.

ReplyCopy URL
    Wigseau
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, this life isn’t worth living anymore. I, Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby, quit this political charge that God gave me.

I actually became an atheist, because if God really existed, Queen Lena Headey would have won. This was A TRAGEDY. It hurt me more than my 300 sons’ deaths. I’ve been alive for hundred of years and I hadn’t seen anything like this.

(Get blessed by this Thatcher’s portrait)

I thought Emmy voters were REALLY STUPID for not voting for Headey’s masterclasses of acting in all seasons, but they make Paris Hilton look like Einstein in comparison to them.

I can’t accept the fact that Lena Headey, the best supporting actress on TV this decade, went Emmyless. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE. It is the definition of a travesty and a robbery. And for this reason, I’m leaving these forums. I will not be predicting stupid award shows whose voters are less clever than a cow.

While Katherine Heigl has an Emmy for Grey’s Anatomy, this masterpiece of a woman is Emmyless:

I can’t stand being a part of this sick modern world. Shame on those Emmy voters who preferred Jumping Girl or Giant Christie over her and caused the vote splitting (Redheaded Turner was always a nonfactor). She just blew everyone else out of the water with her performance year after year. She was LEGENDARY in her role.

Shame on you, mother*cking Emmys!!! You’re DISGUSTING, ATROCIOUS, CRINGE-WORTHY, BORING and IRRELEVANT. You got what you deserved with those all-time low ratings (I have to laugh).

As I’m no longer your Prime Minister, I’d like to name my successors. I really think EsOS should be my heir to the charge, as he/she has shown the potential a Prime Minister of GoldDerby needs. And my darling Luca Giliberti will be crowned as King of GoldDerby. Kellis will be named Minister of Defense, Pulp will be the Minister of Facts, Stegeo will be Minister of Justice, Methaddiction will serve as Minister of Propaganda and Paulsonalypse will be Minister of Exposing. The rest of the ministers will be chosen by EsOS, the new Prime Minister. I really see you can take care of this Thatcherian regime very well.

Darlings, it’s been a great time with all of you. I will miss every user. You have been very special to me. And yes, I’ll miss even the opposition of rebels against my regime. Thanks for accepting me in these forums. You’re really lovely and I’ll be grateful. Forever.

And never forget it: LONG MAY SHE REIGN.

See you in Heaven.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby.

This has to be an all-time great post. Thank you, Prime Minister.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Wigseau.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Wigseau.

This year I stan: Taron Egerton for Rocketman / Brad Pitt, Margaret Qualley and Dakota Fanning for OUATIH (so far)

ReplyCopy URL
    joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

McNichol won in her teens, so that’s probably the record in this category and will hold for years to come.

Millie Bobby Brown is coming (I doubt it but you never know)

ReplyCopy URL
    adamunc
    Participant
    Topics:

Millie Bobby Brown is coming (I doubt it but you never know)

Brown is already older than McNichol was when she won her first.

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

For performances like Thatcher’s right now is why I log into this site. Such a immersive experience.

FYC: Best International Film - The Invisible Life (Brazil)

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Tbh, I just forgot about Hamm, that’s it. I haven’t even seen Mad Men, so I couldn’t judge anyway. Plus, Davis absolutely deserved that win. And she should have followed it up with another one. And before you bring up the “theatrical performance” argument – that’s literally what the show demands from her sometimes. If you watched it regularly (instead of clips on YouTube), you’d understand.

It was not a shading towards Viola, just a surprise because of your snub of Hamm, maybe the most celebrated acting win of the last 5 years, although I think that her award belonged to Tatiana Maslany, I forgave her due to her terrific and iconic speech.

You need to watch Mad Men ASAP.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m going to miss you Prime Minister.. thank you for never giving up on Lena her never winning is a grave injustice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

No Barry would have happened this year if it was ever going to happen. They need to submit it as a drama if they ever want to win.

It probably won’t even get the amount of noms it’s gotten in comedy if it goes drama.

ReplyCopy URL
    sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Honestly, Lead Actress Drama gave us the best winners of this decade. Not one bad winner among them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

You’ll never be forgotten.

Thanks for the promotion I guess lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Loved it! Last night kicked my butt predictions wise BUT I am OK with that since the winners I was happy for with except for two (Garner and Arquette). Also laughing at the Kardashians was hilarious. Kudos emmy audience 🙂

Kim after they presented:
    null

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the only part of it all I like (besides the winners) is Angela Bassett saying Courtney B. Vance was her favorite nominee/winner but that’s because I’m a human constructed of corn and cheese.

Angela and Courtney are a power couple and they know it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.