Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

2019 Emmy Awards Ceremony Reactions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 311 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
Rachel
EsOS
  • Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you, Prime Minister.

ReplyCopy URL
    petka_sveta
    Participant
    Topics:

They lost directing and writing last year too, so what? When was the last time 3 episodes from the same show were nominated at once for directing? It’s literally half of the episodes of said “muddled” season. And they got nominated for Writing, which is not a win but an accomplishment on it’s own, among these other great episodes that were nominated. Definitely cancels the “poor writing” builshit. The results are most definitely a disappointment (especially directing), but not ‘humiliation’ in the slightest

People here are so triggered by GoT that they push the narrative that winning Outstanding Drama series is some sort of humiliation lol

I hope I recive that sort of humiliation in my life at some point.

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, this life isn’t worth living anymore. I, Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby, quit this political charge that God gave me.

null

Prime Minister…..we may not have agreed on everything but I have to say this before you leave. You really kept everyone on their A+ game and I’m going to miss you believe it or not. Kinda funny since in the beginning I don’t think we really got along too well but I really hope you stick around 🙂 maybe find another person to STAN (I can help you find one lol). You always kept it real. If you said something you meant it 110%. So one last time I will implore you: Please stick around 🙂

null
    null

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  vinny.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by  vinny.
    ReplyCopy URL
    EsOS
    Participant
    Topics:

I really think EsOS should be my heir to the charge, as he/she has shown the potential a Prime Minister of GoldDerby needs

I will honour your legacy, Madam Tatcher. You’ll always be Prime Minister in our heart.

Rest In Peace

FYC: Octavia Spencer (Luce) - Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Hammad Asif
    Participant
    Topics:

Darlings, this life isn’t worth living anymore. I, Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby, quit this political charge that God gave me.

I actually became an atheist, because if God really existed, Queen Lena Headey would have won. This was A TRAGEDY. It hurt me more than my 300 sons’ deaths. I’ve been alive for hundred of years and I hadn’t seen anything like this.

(Get blessed by this Thatcher’s portrait)

I thought Emmy voters were REALLY STUPID for not voting for Headey’s masterclasses of acting in all seasons, but they make Paris Hilton look like Einstein in comparison to them.

I can’t accept the fact that Lena Headey, the best supporting actress on TV this decade, went Emmyless. It is NOT ACCEPTABLE. It is the definition of a travesty and a robbery. And for this reason, I’m leaving these forums. I will not be predicting stupid award shows whose voters are less clever than a cow.

While Katherine Heigl has an Emmy for Grey’s Anatomy, this masterpiece of a woman is Emmyless:

I can’t stand being a part of this sick modern world. Shame on those Emmy voters who preferred Jumping Girl or Giant Christie over her and caused the vote splitting (Redheaded Turner was always a nonfactor). She just blew everyone else out of the water with her performance year after year. She was LEGENDARY in her role.

Shame on you, mother*cking Emmys!!! You’re DISGUSTING, ATROCIOUS, CRINGE-WORTHY, BORING and IRRELEVANT. You got what you deserved with those all-time low ratings (I have to laugh).

As I’m no longer your Prime Minister, I’d like to name my successors. I really think EsOS should be my heir to the charge, as he/she has shown the potential a Prime Minister of GoldDerby needs. And my darling Luca Giliberti will be crowned as King of GoldDerby. Kellis will be named Minister of Defense, Pulp will be the Minister of Facts, Stegeo will be Minister of Justice, Methaddiction will serve as Minister of Propaganda and Paulsonalypse will be Minister of Exposing. The rest of the ministers will be chosen by EsOS, the new Prime Minister. I really see you can take care of this Thatcherian regime very well.

Darlings, it’s been a great time with all of you. I will miss every user. You have been very special to me. And yes, I’ll miss even the opposition of rebels against my regime. Thanks for accepting me in these forums. You’re really lovely and I’ll be grateful. Forever.

And never forget it: LONG MAY SHE REIGN.

See you in Heaven.

Thatcher, Prime Minister of GoldDerby.

As much I have differences with you movie-wise,it hurts to see Lena loose most deserving Emmy.She was this show’s best actress and arguably best actor/actress of the show.

She was consistent in every way and she was definition of actors becoming role they play.

Game of Thrones won many Emmys but it’s Best Actor was not awarded.Heck they won Best Drama for atrocious season 8 but Lena won’t win.

Absolute ROBBERY.

Kubrick-Scorsese-Nolan-Coens-PTA-Fincher-Hitchock-Spike Lee-Tarantino
    19yr old Film School Student

ReplyCopy URL
    petka_sveta
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope D&D cast Lena in their Star Wars. I want space Darth Cersei.

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Kellis will be named Minister of Defense

But also, you’re actually leaving I-

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    Megan
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be real. That Thatcher post was everything. So sad that she has to leave now. Bye!

I serve the tea (politely)

ReplyCopy URL
    TheDreamingHead
    Participant
    Topics:

Well Thatcher, and also O’Hara (who also declared to leave) are two of some recurring users I always remember on this site! It has been fun to have discussion with you, even though it’s mostly arguments and disagreement. I will really miss you gals (or guys)!

ReplyCopy URL
    Pamela Isley, Poison Derby
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow how many surprises. Didn’t expect Fleabag winning over Veep, to be honest. Game of Thrones meh ending winning was very lazy but predictable. So happy for the Comer upset and Billy Porter was great. Sad about Lena Headey losing five times in a row and going Emmyless for Cersei Lannister. Dinklage was too obvious but lazy as well. Chernobyl winning was a good surprise, too. Sad about Amy Adams’ loss though.

Come join me. My garden needs tending.

ReplyCopy URL
    wattsgold
    Participant
    Topics:

You gotta hand it to the people here: Every goodbye to this forum becomes crazier and crazier.

I’m sure Thatcher will morph into another organism just like in the Alien franchise; she won’t miss best actress. For the time being, she rests. Respect for Lena.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Lena better get cast as a bitch Aunt or Commander’s wife on THT’s millionth season so she wins guest actress.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Lena better get cast as a bitch Aunt or Commander’s wife on THT’s millionth season so she wins guest actress.

OMG yes please!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

This might be the greatest photo I’ve ever seen: https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/1176177667332165633Th

ReplyCopy URL
    kellis
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone needs to contact Emilia, Lena, and Robin’s agents ASAP.

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 311 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.