Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

2019 Emmy Awards Comedy Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 294 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
29 mins ago
replies
views
users
Rachel
ginnala
Guest 2018
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the discussion of the comedy categories in Part 2.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I know she’s not getting nominated for the Emmy so I wanted to highlight Jaime Pressly for her acting in episodes 3 and 12 of Mom.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

My bets are on Olivia Colman to win Supporting Actress. Borstein and Hinkle will vote split. The SNL ladies will split. Chlumsky’s not winning. Gilpin will probably be snubbed. Fleabag has gotten a lot of praise and support which helps her chance. Colman’s a recent oscar winner which puts her in the public eye.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Colman isn’t winning. You need more than just an Oscar win to win an Emmy. And yes, Fleabag is buzzed about, but that doesn’t always matter. I don’t even see her getting nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I don’t even see her getting nominated.

I haven’t finished S2 of Fleabag so I can’t really say whether she’s deserving or not at least imo, and Ik GoldDerbians are Colman stans, but the Oscar win buzz could land her a nom a la Amy Schumer & Tiffany Haddish (who even won). They both came off of a successful film they did, got Hollywood spotlight and the Academy found out about them and nominated Schumer 2 times and gave Haddish the Emmy for SNL. Colman gained immense recognition with The Favourite. She can happen, but yet again I haven’t finished S2. On the other hand Amy Schumer was deserving of nods (Ik everyone hates her but her show and her performance in it were absolutely great) so what she got was name recognition through Trainwreck required to gain traction but she still was deserving, nominated or not. Can’t speak on Haddish, I haven’t watched her SNL ep. So, my conclusion is that if she’s not deserving she’s not getting in despite what I just stated above lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk what’s this trend of predicting Glow snubs left and right but it’s a mistake. Colman is not getting in before Gilpin.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I am sure she’s deserving, but this race is stacked. And I just feel like Maisel, GLOW, SNL, Veep, The Good Place, and Barry are much stronger (not in terms of quality) contenders overall.

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddiction
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt Hinkle is a threat to Borstein.

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I love Colman, but she was overshadowed by another supporting actress in Fleabag. I don’t see her getting a nomination. In my predictions, Gilpin, Jones and Bryant are ahead of her.

ReplyCopy URL
    ospencer
    Participant
    Topics:

I have Carden getting in.

1) Alex Borstein
    2) Anna Chlumsky
    3) Betty Gilpin
    4) Kate McKinnon
    5) Marin Hinkle
    6) D’Arcy Carden
    7) Aidy Bryant

8) Leslie Jones
    9) Olivia Colman (I’m just not buying into the Fleabag trend)

ReplyCopy URL
    jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Is anyone else thinking that Dead To Me might make a last minute run at a series nomination?

ReplyCopy URL
    Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I currently have Fleabag getting into Lead Actress, Supporting Actress and Writing. I just have a feeling that voters will vote for it. I think they’d vote for Phoebe rather than Pamela Adlon or Issa Rae.

FYC Emmys 2019 ‘Killing Eve for Series, Jodie Comer, Sandra Oh and Fiona Shaw’ ‘Jim Parsons for The Big Bang Theory’

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Is anyone else thinking that Dead To Me might make a last minute run at a series nomination?

I feel like the buzz has softened a bit, but I cannot discount the possibility because Adam McKay has clout!

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes! It’s brand new and shinny, accessible enough (Netflix), the Comedy Series category is bound to be rejuvenated this year with a bunch of new contenders and Adam McKay is a producer on this, giving him a shot to be nominated in both Comedy Series and Drama Series (Succession) this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    nkb325
    Participant
    Topics:

Yea if any supporting actress in fleabag should be getting nominated, its Sian Clifford who owned this season. I am actually predicting PWB to make it in for comedy actress as her profile has risen immensely since the first season aired and I think it will be seen as a way of sort of rewarding the series as a whole because she is so much the face of it. With that said, I think it has a faint outside shot of making it in for best comedy series, although I don’t think I’m going to predict. I don’t see Colman making it in, unless it really overperforms. Her best bet is people actually watching the show, but like I said if people are actually watching she’s overshadowed by Clifford in every episode (through no fault of her own, her character is just intentionally much less present and much less developed)

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 294 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.